The immune system is the body’s defence against the infectious micro-organisms or foreign invaders. The immune cells play a major role to stop the entry of pathogenic bacteria and viruses into the body. These cells are lymphocytes or T-cells which directly fight invading molecules and B-cells which produce antibodies that destroy harmful molecules.
Causes of low immune levels
- Metabolic disorder
- Poor diet
Symptoms of low immunity
- You get tired easily
- Dark circles start to appear
- You can slip into depression and insomnia
- You get more susceptible to catch cold and cough quickly, and other infections too
Ayurveda is the oldest medicinal system in the world, which originated in the Vedic culture of India, gives the power to the body that prevents the development of diseases, is called immunity. If the immune system is strong, it destroys the causes of illness.
1. Keep the Immune System in balance by eating the right foods:
- Garlic is a natural immune booster. Garlic enhances immune system functions and has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activities.
- Garlic has active ingredient allicin thathelps to fight infections. It has vitamins C and B6 that help to boost the immune system.
- Eat 2 to 3 raw cloves of garlic on an empty stomach daily. Also, add crushed garlic to your dishes.
- Turmeric has antioxidants (like curcumin) that are important for immune system. Curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, makes the cells more resistant to infection.
- Drink a glass of turmeric milk daily. Also, include turmeric in your cooking.
- Eating probiotics yogurt every day is one of the best home remedies for low immunity. Probiotics yogurt contains billions of probiotics that help strengthen your immune system.
- It supports the development of white blood cells and antibodies, which reduces infections.
- Lemon contains vitamin C, which plays an important role in boosting your immunity. Lemon also helps in removing toxins from the body as well as helping maintaining your body weight.
- Squeeze the juice from ½ lemon into a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink it on an empty stomach each morning.
(E). Green Tea
Regularly taking green tea is simple home remedy to boost immunity. The antioxidants in green tea protect the body from free-radical damage, which is essential to keep the immune system strong.
- Steep a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag, add honey and drink it.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily.
- According to Ayurveda, ginger is a good remedy to boost immunity. Ginger helps to break down toxins which are accumulated in the body. Ginger also improves blood circulation. Include ginger into your diet is easy because it can be consumed in liquid, powder, dried and juice forms.
(G)Mulethi (root of liquorice
- Mulethi contains anti-microbial agents that detect and attack unwanted bacteria and germs.
- The uniqueness of Mulethi is its capacity to treat digestive and respiratory conditions or discomforts. Particularly Mulethi helps to reduce the severity of ulcers, acidity levels and other inflammatory discomforts.
- Amla helps in body’s natural digestion process and also helps your body to absorb nutrients from the foods.
- Amla can also strengthens and supports your liver function by excrete toxins from your body.
- The leaves of the Tulsi plant relieve coughs, sore throats, mouth infection, skin problems, headaches and boosts immunity.
2. Do Yoga and Meditation
- Yoga is a natural immunity booster. According to study, yoga and meditation positively affects the immune response in the body.
- Antibiotics and other medicines help to recover from the disease but do not improve the body immunity. Yoga and meditation is one of the most effective and natural immunity boosters.
3. Exercise Regularly According to Your Dosha
- Exercise makes you feel healthier and more energetic. Physical activity make free of bacteria from lungs and air pipes.
4.Get Good Sleep
- During deep sleep, the immune system releases proteins called cytokines. . A lack of sleep disturbs this process. It can cause diabetes, heart disease, depression, and other illnesses.
5. Limit the intake of Alcohol
- Alcohol can damage white blood cells movability. Alcohol also combines with red blood cells caused red blood cells massed together which reduces the flow of oxygen to many vital organs.