These days people are having problems with increased body weight and health conditions due to it. Today nearly 1 out of 5 people in developed countries are overweight.
Weight gain is when the bodyweight increases, it involves an increase in muscle mass, fat deposits and excess fluid such as water, etc. Weight gain can be the cause of serious medical issue or may be due to wrong lifestyle and diet
If a lot of weight is gained due to the accumulation of body fat, one may become overweight or obese. The body mass index measures the body weight in proportion to the square of the height and it defines the ratio in optimal, insufficient and excessive body weight.
Sometimes you may unintentionally increase your weight without increasing your food intake but decreasing the physical activities.
There may either be 3 types of fluctuations.
1) In some cases, weight fluctuations occur periodically every now and then due to menstrual cycles in most of women.
2) Rapid weight gain is often a side effect of some medications, can also lead to unintentional weight gain.
3) Continuous weight gain is an issue of gaining weight due to varying factors like overeating and advancing age.
Here are some additional factors of gaining weight like hormonal changes, during the time of menopause and other factors also noted in the case of women such as pregnancy and after delivery, they gain weight.
Most people are unsure how to lose weight safely and naturally and at this time, everyone is fighting with body weight.
Ayurveda suggests some home and natural remedies that may help in weight loss but before moving forward we also need to take some extra steps which should be added in weight loss trends to avoid continuous weight gain
- A person should eat easy to digest food and take the light evening meal
- Drink hot water to help cleanse the digestive tract and blockage and flush out the impurities of the body
- Avoid eating highly processed, packaged and junk foods
- Move your body. Indulge in some physical activities and yoga
- Limit your intake of added sugar
7 Food Items That May Help You Lose Weight Naturally
1. Cinnamon Tea and Honey
Like honey, cinnamon has many medicinal properties; it contains antioxidants which help to improve health in various forms. It can help to improve metabolism and improve insulin function, thereby helps in weight loss
- Boil a cup of water,
- Add1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and let it cool.
- Now add a teaspoon of raw and organic honey in it
This fruit is high in carbohydrates and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, and potassium. People who eat avocados on a daily basis tend to have low BMI and avocados can be the perfect addition to vegetable salad. It is a good appetite suppressant.
3. Herbal Green Tea
It is considered to be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. One of the most recommended beverages which help in weight loss. Green tea is full of antioxidants. These antioxidants boost metabolism and beneficial in weight loss. These days’ people more rely on Green tea among all the healthier beverages which have also been proven effective.
4. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
It helps to boost our metabolism and helps to lose weight by burning more calories in a day. It has also found to satiate the hunger for longer period of time. Consuming coconut oil every day can burn fat especially belly fat but it is also a fact that finding organic, un refined and virgin coconut oil is difficult
b: It can be considered the alternative of olive and margarine oil for cooking food; and can be added to the salads as well. Adding a teaspoon of coconut oil in the boiling water for every half cup of rice helps to reduce calories if you eat it on daily basis.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is produced through 2 steps of the fermentation process.
The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar may promote weight loss in several ways:
- It lowers the level of blood sugar
- Reduces fat storage like fat stored in belly or liver fat
- Burns fat
- Improves metabolism so it helps to decrease fat and sugar production in the liver
- Suppresses appetite. Acetic present in it may suppress centers in the brain to control appetite so the food intake is relatively reduced.
Oatmeal itself can help you lose weight. After eating oatmeal, people feel fuller and less hungry in comparison to other cereals. The fibers and loads of nutrients contained in it are also beneficial for the digestive system.
- The snack bar is also to be made by oats which is nutritious but at the same time void of carbohydrates and calories.
- Homemade bread and pancake made up of oatmeal flour add to the taste as well as help in weight loss
Nuts are extremely healthy, they are full of nutrients and antioxidants, may prevent weight gain. Mid day craving can be managed by some of the nuts:
- Almonds are considered to be as a pre-workout meal, those who’re looking to shed some weight, almonds can be beneficial for them. They contain the amino acid, which helps you to burn more carbs and calories during the workout.
- Walnuts are high in unsaturated fat which is healthier for the heart. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, magnesium and antioxidants. It suppresses your unnecessary craving and stimulates your body to lose weight faster.
- Pistachios have fewer calories as compared to most of the nuts. Their high fiber content allows you to feel full without overeating.
Eating all these above foods can help to shed your body weight. But nature has given us many more organic food items as well.
In Ayurveda, piperine present in pepper enhances the metabolism. Taking a pinch of pepper along with honey and lemon in hot water can help in quick weight loss by boosting the process.
There are more such remedies taken from ancient Ayurvedic science that are herbal and natural and helpful for those who are searching for weight loss techniques in modern science which might give some sort of side effects to your body