Asthma is disease of respiratory tract disorder in which there is an obstruction of easy flow of air in lungs. Bronchial tubes are inflamed, obstructed and there is swelling in the inner surface. It is a chronic obstructive disorder of the airway of lungs. This causes breathing difficulties and wheezing. Due to exposure at work place to particular chemicals, dust asthma is becoming common these days. High risk includes occupation at mines, timber cutting, flour mills etc. There are various asthma herbal remedies which provide permanent relief from the disorder as natural remedies work on the root of the disease.
Asthma is classified depending upon-
- Forced Expiratory Volume
- Peak Respiratory Flow Rate
Asthma is of two types:
- Atopic- Symptoms arise due to allergens.
- Non- Atopic- Symptoms arise due to non-participated by allergens.
Asthma according to Ayurveda:
- Asthma is termed as Pranvaha Sroto Vikaar. It is caused by Vata prakopa and Kapha prakopa. Vata is mainly imbalanced by vitiating aahar(diet), dry foods, intake of cold water, excessive salts, heavy dinner, living in cold, dump or humid area. Kapha dosha gets imbalanced by diet and activities that leads to increase in Kapha are- heavy dietary foods, bananas, black grams, sour, non-vegetarian food.
- As per Ayurveda, increase in Kaph dosha causes blockage of channels of respiratory system which leads to Vata dosha obstruction. This blocked Vata dosha moves in reverse direction. Vata dosha increases dryneses and the natural smooth passage of air gets disturbed. This disturbed pathway causes difficulties in breathing. There may be heavy breathing, interrupted breath, prolonged upward breathing, darkness behind the eyes.
Types of Asthma according to Ayurveda
- Santamak-Associated with fever and generally aggravated during night.
- Pratamak- due to physiological factors
Kshudra Shwasa- subsides by itself.
What are the symptoms of Asthma?
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
What are the causes of Asthma?
- Exercise/ Exertion- Due to heavy exercise, broncho constriction appears in the professional athletes and cyclists.
- Intake of aspirin for long time may induce respiratory tract disease.
- Alcohol is found inducing asthma in some persons.
- Hereditary- 40% patients have this reason for developing asthma.
- Intake of preserved foods
- Air irritants
- Smoke, strong odor, mosquito repellants
- Sudden changes in climate, trauma to chest, throat
- During attack rub nilgiri oil on chest and get fomentation, inhale mint and camphor.
- Boil black pepper, sunthi, cloves in water and take this decoction.
- Take 10 tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) leaves, add a pinch of turmeric, boil and take it.
- Take warm milk boiled with garlic at night before sleep.
- Paste of black resin, dates, long pepper, licorice must be taken with honey.
- Take licorice with ginger in warm water.
- Take a walk before sunrise for fresh air.
- Take a cup of fresh wheat grass juice.
- Nadishodhan Pranayam, deep breathing, Kapalbhati pranayam, pavanmuktaasan are recommended for asthma.
- Drink warm water
- Avoid sour food, processed foods having preservatives, curd, rice, buttermilk, lentils, cheese, heavy foods like- bananas, over-eating.
- Maintain a gap of an hour in between dinner and sleep.
Asthma herbal remedies:
- There are various cases of asthma that are successfully cured by Planet Ayurveda. Planet Ayurveda offers uniqueAsthma herbal remedies which help to cure asthma naturally.
- The allergies are usually caused due to imbalace in Vata(air) and Pitta(fire) . The imbalance in Air and Fire element lead to all types of allergies. The major principle of treatment of Allergy in Ayurveda is alleviation of Vata and expulsion of pitta from the system and restoring the balance
Asthma Herbal Supplements-Planet Ayurveda
- Praanrakshak Churna
- Aller-G care.
- Tulsi capsules – 2 capsules thrice daily
- Curcumin Capsules – capsules thrice daily
- Allerg-G care capsules – 2 capsules thrice daily
- Praanrakshak Churna – 1-2 teaspoonful thrice, with plain water after meals
- Praanrakshak Churna– It is a classical combination of special Anti-Allergy herbs. It is useful for all types of allergies and asthma.
- Tulsi Capsules– Tulsi is worshipped all over india for its healing properties. It is an age old herbal remedy for cough, sore throat, allergies. People chew leaves of this herb to combat infection and cough. It’s very effective in viral flu, influenza and other acute respiratory tract infections. Tulsi has been found to be very effective herbal remedy for asthma as well.
- Curcumin Capsules– It gives relief in asthma and even acts as a preventive measure for the further attacks. 2 Capsules twice daily are excellent herbal remedy for allergy of any type.
- Aller-G Care pack of Planet Ayurveda is a blend of unique anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic herbs. Aller-G contains extracts of Haridra(Curcuma longa), Neem, Shirish and Ashwgandha. These herbs are helpful in controlling acute and chronic asthma conditions.
- Aller-G Care– This product of Planet Ayurveda is useful in all types of allergies including pollen allergy.
- Aller-G care capsules of Planet Ayurveda is purely a herbal formulation without any chemicals added to it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Herbs in Aller-G Care:
- Haridra Curcuma longa Extract 150 mg
- Neem Azadirachta Indica Extract 150 mg
- Shirish Albezzia Lebbock Extract 100 mg
- Ashwagandha Withania Somnifera Extract 100 mg
Other ailments like Chronic Rhinitis and Chronic Sinusitis also respond very well to this herbal formulation. Increased Eosinophils (allergic eosinophilea) responds very well to our Aller-G Care product. It can be used alone or with Pran rakshak Churna for added advantage, without any side effects. It does not have any contradictions nor does it have any side effects. It is a totally natural product for asthma and various other allergies.
All the products of Planet Ayurveda are safe, pure and effective. Chronic disease like asthma and all allergies can be completely cured by herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda along with the recommended diet and by adopting some changes in lifestyle.