10 Natural Ways To Treat Leucorrhoea – Vaginal Discharge
A common problem that most of the females experience globally is a termed as Leucorrhoea where whitish or yellowish colored discharge is released from the vagina. It is abnormal, foul smelling, slimy, frothy, dirty accompanied by inflammation, irritation and redness. Leucorrhoea may last for weeks or about a month and might affect the female reproductive organs.
Leucorrhoea mainly occurs during puberty, during the development of sexual organs in a female. This discharge generally increases with vaginal infection or sexually transmitted diseases. The discharge may happen consistently or appear and disappear from time to time. Leucorrhoea could be irritating and damaging if left untreated.
Lady s finger (Okra)
- Lady’s finger is beneficial natural cure in Leucorrhoea as it is having anti-oxidants, vitamin C and other minerals
Its decoction can be used, which is prepared by boiling about 100 gm. of lady s finger in a liter of water for at least 20 minutes and prepare infusion. Then cool and sweeten the drink and have it daily as frequently as possible, till the symptoms are gone.
- It possess niacin, Vitamin C, Potassium along with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties due to which it is effective in Leucorrhoea
- Make douche, for which put fenugreek seeds in cold water and cook it over moderate flame for about 30 minutes. Then strain and use this as a douche on genital area to get relief.
- Prepare tea from fenugreek seeds, by boiling it in water and drinking it
- Coriander seeds are very beneficial naturalcure for leucorrhoea.
- Soak coriander seeds in water overnight. Next morning drain and drink this water on empty stomach. For better results have it for at least a week.
- Prepare powder of dry mango seeds by grinding it. Then add slight water to this powder and form a fine paste. To cure leucorrhoea apply this paste outside and inside the vaginal tract.
- Rice water: It is rich in starch demulcent which provides relief from itching and inflammation etc.
- Cook some rice in water and strain the residue and add honey or sugar to this rice water to make it sweet before drinking it. This is a useful natural remedy to get rid of itching and fatigue.
- Take Amla or Amalaki powder with added honey or sugar and prepare its paste and have it daily.
- Have Amla juice mixed with honey for at least a month to get positive results
- Amaranth root consists of anti-bacterial properties that helps to cure this infection.
- Take its roots and grind it in water. Drink it two times daily on regular basis to get better results.
- Its leaves and branches can also be added to boiling water for the same effect.
- Its leaves are having astringent chemicals, which are pretty advantageous in relieving the problem of discharge caused by leucorrhoea
- To get relief from leucorrhoea prepare decoction from fresh leaves of walnut trees and use it as a douche and do it for at least thrice a day for better results.
- Boil guava leaves in water over moderate flame for about 30 minutes. Drain it and consume its tea or use it as douche over the vaginal area twice daily, till the symptoms dissolve.
- Mixing honey to ground cumin seeds and apply over the vaginal area. A concoction made of cumin seeds is very effective in treating leucorrhoea.
Besides this other natural remedies like Cranberry juice, Betel nut and Sandalwood oil are useful and above all keep proper hygiene.