Amazing Health Benefits of Ashwagandhadi Ghrit and Its Ayurvedic Importance
Ayurveda, that is the science of life, has many amazing herbs and medicinal plants, which are mentioned in various ancient texts and have marvelous actions. There are many single herbs that have particular action. Moreover, there are many other formulations that contain more than one herb and are disease specific. Ayurveda has a lot of potential that it cures acute to chronic ailments. Ayurveda, not only focuses on the diseases but overall wellness of mind, body and soul. It does not only provide the medicines but explains how to lead life while keeping all the three dosha in balance. Let’s have a look into it!
In Ayurveda, there are infinite herbs that are useful to the human kind. And nature has gifted humans, a luxury in the form of healthy herbs. From grasses to the lofty trees, they all provide something that adds to the health of a being. Further nature provided us with other living creatures from which we get other products like milk, wool etc. and non living substances like gold, silver, iron, aluminum, mercury, copper etc. so we have plenty of health providing things around us. In this article we will discuss ashwagandha ghrita that is composed of cow ghee, ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), cow milk. Let’s discuss in detail!
Ashwagandhadi Ghrita Ingredients
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
This plant is usually found in north west India, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. The part used in ashwagandha is its root. Acharya Charak has also mentioned Ashwagandha and states that it strengthens the human body. Ashwagandha has properties of kapha and vata pacification. It relieves pain and has anti-inflammatory action, so it is used in goiter. It has various actions on different systems. It calms the mind. It acts as an appetizer, alleviates pain thus used in digestive related problems and also in worm infestation conditions. It purifies blood. Also used in dyspnea thus used in respiratory disorders. It increases fertility that is why it is used in low semen quality, used in uterus related disorders and relieves pain. It acts as diuretic, thus used in urine retention. It is also used in skin disorders like leprosy.
2. Cow Milk
Cow milk, according to Ayurveda, has numerous health benefits. Thus used in various health issues. Cow milk pacifies vata and pitta and increases kapha dosha. Cow milk is heavy to digest.
- Health benefits of Cow milk – It has many beneficial nutrients like calcium, Vit D3, potassium, zinc etc that is why milk is called ‘the complete food.’ It is sweet in taste, sweetness increases kapha, resulting in calming the mind and cooling the body. It boosts immunity as it acts as Ojovardhaka. It nourishes body cells thus promotes life expectancy. It has an aphrodisiac effect, regular intake increases fertility. It increases intelligence and improves lactation. It relieves stress and dizziness. Cow milk is also beneficial in newborns as it is next best for them.
- According to Ashtanga Sangraha – Cow milk is jeevaniya (enlivening), rasayana (anti aging and rejuvenating), balya (increases immunity and strength), sara (increases peristalsis thus helps in constipation), medhya (boosts memory, brain tonic), stanya (aids lactation).
- Indications – Constipation, tiredness, dizziness, intoxication, cold, cough, asthma, respiratory disorders, dysuria, bleeding disorders, chest injury, excessive thirst, excess hunger etc.
3. Cow Ghee
Cow ghee is a miracle to human kind. It has countless health benefits. Cow ghee can be ingested, used as an enema, nasal drops, mouth gargling, local skin application etc. It works impeccably well in many ailments. There are many types of medicated ghee that are prepared by agni sanskar. There many types of medicated ghrita like brahmi ghrita, mahatikta ghrita, kalyana ghrita, ashoka ghrita, kamadeva ghrita, kasisadi ghrita,chitrakadi ghrita, panchagavya ghrita, ashwagandhadi ghrita and many more. Ghee adds potency to the drug. We will look into some detail.
Ghee pacifies vata and pitta dosha. Thus mainly indicated in vataja and pittaja disorders. Ghee and semen (shukra) have common properties and according to the ayurveda texts the quote ‘samanya vrdihikarnam’ the substances that share common and same properties increases dhatus that have similar properties.
- Ghee Qualities
- According to Acharya Charak and Acharya Bhavmishra – Chakshushya (improves eye health), rasayana (rejuvenates), swadu (sweet), buddhikrita (increases intelligence), sheet veerya (coolant effect), healthifies skin, enhances voice quality.
- According to Charaka Smhita (chapter 27, sutrasthana) – It aids intellect, memory, digestion and semen quality. It is used in insanity, intoxication, emaciation.
- According to Ashtanga Sangaraha – It boosts memory, useful in voice issues, improves digestion, nourishes the body cells and improves overall wellness.
Ashwagandhadi Ghrit is such a beneficial medication that is filled with so many healthified substances that enhances the well being of a person. It has effective herbs that makes it an ideal medicine for various diseases as well general wellness. The ingredients have many benefits as described above. Furthermore, the unified herbs with beautiful properties of milk and ghrita do wonders. Moreover, there are some common benefits of the ingredients thus enhancing the overall effectiveness of the formulation.
Preparation (Ayurveda – Sara Sangraha)
Ashwagandha root (2 part) made into coarse powder is boiled in 16 parts of water. When 4 parts of water remain, keep it aside and sieve it. Afterwards 100 gms of ashwandha is made into bolus/paste. Now mix 1 part of murchitta cow ghee and 4 parts of cow milk with boiled water with ashwagandha and paste and cook it with ghritta paka vidhi. When the signs and symptoms of ghee are achieved, sieve ghee in a vessel or jar and keep it safe.
Dosage and Anupana
3 to 6 gm with mishri then drink cow milk.
Properties and Uses
By taking this medicated ghee all types of vata rogas can be treated.
It is useful in joint pain and lower back ache. It strengthens the part that does not work properly. It is beneficial in dizziness and vertigo. It eliminates insomnia as it relieves stress. It provides strength to ligaments and tendons. It strengthens all the dhatus of the body resulting in overall strengthening of the body. It is excellent in providing fertility and enhances male fertility to much extent positively.
- General Debility
- Female /Gynecology related disorders
- Low Immunity
- Cough and Cold
- Digestion related issues
- Emaciation etc
From the above text, it is obvious that Ashwagandhadi ghrita is of much use. Especially in infertility cases, it has marvelous action. Thus have been helpful to many people who are suffering from erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and having other problems including conceiving. Moreover, it enhances immunity and thus helps in fighting disorders. Planet Ayurveda provides a pure formulation of Ashwagandhadi ghrita, which is pure and prepared as mentioned in the ayurvedic texts. For more detail of our products check out our website www.PlanetAyurveda.com and for queries you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.