Which are best herbs for weight loss?
Many herbs and spices are there to fight cravings and enhance fat burning, thus weight loss is inevitable, but first of all, you have to do is keep up a good health. Have you gone tired of getting medicine from several doctors, but to no avail? Let’s give nature a chance, at least the last one and see how your physical personality improve. Come to the Ayurvedic zone and see the difference.
Can Ayurveda help in losing weight?
- Without any doubt, the Ayurveda has a dealing with weight loss and all other diseases. It deals with analyzing the root cause of the disease, then finds a cure once and for all. Ayurveda has certain principles for every trouble, different diseases are kept with people of different sizes. All the medicines are given according to the body type, symptoms, problems and many other factors.
- Weight loss also has many different medicines, don’t hurry your cause, remain passionate and this weight is going to get lost after some time.
- Follow the prescriptions given by the doctor strictly and you have a cure on your hands. He/she might also alter your diet plans, might add something that you don’t like and eliminates certain dishes that you used to love, but follow his/her instructions and become hale & hearty.
Today we are going to discuss some herbal remedies that can help you lose weight.
Which are Best Herbs for weight loss?
- Fenugreek is a common household herb that is grown in most of the Indian homes in their kitchen garden. This spice is derived from Trigonella foenum graecum, the plant belongs to the family of fabaceae Many studies indicate fenugreek to help control the appetite and lowers food intake, thus helping in weight loss. Its intake reduces weight by 17% more than placebo. When used, it had few calories in the diet that we have during the whole day.
- Ginger is a spice which is a rhizome of the flowering ginger plant known as Zingiber officinale. Mostly it is used to make herbal remedies that cure dozens of ailments, it also helps in weight loss. A study was conducted and it told us that ginger supplements decreased both body weight and belly fat.
- Another study tells us that ginger might reduce the weight after enhancing the metabolism of the body and burning fat, while it reduces fat absorption and appetite.
Honey & Lemon mixture:
- This the most usual remedy for weight loss. After brushing your teeth, the first thing you have is getting a glass of warm water and mix it with lemon juice and raw honey. Stir well and drink this yummy drink . The potent combo detoxifies the whole body, reduces appetite and makes you lose weight, without affecting your overall health.
- Turmeric is a spice that is famous for its vibrant color, its flavor and many medical benefits. Most of its health advantages are due to the presence of curcumin, a chemical that affects the whole body in reducing inflammation and helping in the weight loss.
- A study was conducted and it was found that consuming curcumin, twice a day for the whole month decreased the weight by 5%. It helps in blocking the synthesis fat, thus reducing the weight of the body. But all these studies were conducted after having a fair amount of curcumin, which was greater than it is found in the turmeric
Let go of ama:
- Ama is the term used to define the byproduct of indigestion in Ayurveda. Accumulated ama blocks lymph channels that enhance weight gain, besides leaving a person totally fatigued. Without eradicating it, it becomes impossible to lose weight. So it becomes important to eat foods to get rid of ama.
- Triphala (a solid mixture of haritaki,amalaki and bibbitaki), Turmeric, trikatu ( a mixture of ginger and Indian long pepper in equal proportion), gugglu and barberry, all these help in perishing ama. This mixture is available in powder or capsule form.
- Another way to lose weight is to make a drink with a mixture of many herbs. First get a spoon or two spoons of Aloe Vera juice, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and Terminalia chebula powder and mix them all in a glass of water and drink it an hour before you have your meals. Keep having this drink regularly unless you lose sufficient weight.
The measurement of all these herbs should be
- Aloe Vera juice — 1 or 2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder — a pinch
- Turmeric powder — a pinch
- Terminalia Chebula powder — a pinch
- Tinospora cordifolia powder —- a pinch
- Most of the foods have a particular taste, which is sweet, salty, sour, astringent, bitter and pungent (spicy). It becomes significant that you have the foods that contain all these tastes each day. So better add foodstuffs that have all these tastes so that you are getting the necessary tastes and nutrients.
According to Ayurvda
- According to Ayurveda better switch to vegan diet for staying fit & fine. They don’t preach to skip meat but reduce its consumption. Better keep it in your mind that you have to ban overcooked dishes, processed food, and fried foods.
- Skip refined sugar & salt and switch to natural and healthy substitutes like honey, rock salt and licorice extract.
- When you apply these things practically and regularly, managing your weight becomes a reality. Try getting the advice of your dietitian before you proceed, he/she can give you a proper advice to opt for which food will benefit you.
- The weight you have gained was gained for a long time, to reduce it will also take some time, weeks or months. But don’t lose heart, it can be maintained if you make a habit to eat all these valuable herbs