Some of us got into the world lucky, born planned and perfect. But some others are born along with visible developmental conditions. There are many of them out there, looking different among us, living a lifestyle at odds or socially far behind our world of communications and high contrast when it comes to health. There are many diseases and syndromes found worldwide to which awareness and information is being rightly spread through people and different sources like media. One such developmental condition leading to stunted growth is Russel-Silver syndrome. In line with demographics, it’s proven to be almost rare.
All About Russell Silver Syndrome
Silver-Russell syndrome (SRS) is a congenital growth disease commonly known as Silver-Russell dwarfism, named after the scientists Henry Silver and Alexander Russell. Russell-Silver syndrome (RSS) is the name given to it in the United States, and Silver-Russell syndrome in other countries. It is one of 200 dwarfism types and one of five primordial dwarfism types. RSS is a rare disorder marked by IUGR- Intrauterine growth restriction, poor postnatal growth, a large head size, a triangular facial appearance, a high forehead (looking from the side of the face), body asymmetry, and considerable feeding difficulties. The wide range of symptoms vary in frequency and intensity from one affected person to the next. Although the majority of people with RSS are intelligent, motor and/or speech delays are prevalent.
Though this syndrome has yet to be identified, still few reasons are stated as post experimental and survey uncovering. One of the explanations, according to researchers, is genetic mistakes and mutations, which tend to emerge at random. In the majority of cases, however, they are unable to be precisely defined. Russell-Silver syndrome affects both men and women in equal amounts. The likelihood of the infant acquiring the disease increases if the mother is above 35 years old.
Signs & Symptoms of Silver Russell Syndrome
The symptoms of Russel-Silver Syndrome are plenty and to identify these at early stages and awareness of the disease is vital.
The symptoms include:
- Smaller sized head, probably triangular in shape.
- The forehead can be so high that it may lead to smaller jaws.
- Due to shortening of the body, the head might appear comparatively huge and abnormal.
- Toes might appear to be fused together.
- Small fingers could be twisted.
- The limbs may acquire asymmetrical growth.
- There could be cardiac irregularities.
- Speaking and communication challenges might be caused by a receding or very thin jaw.
- Abnormalities in the urine and genital systems are possible.
- Rigid flexion of the fingers is possible.
- Affected children may have a range of eating issues, including difficulty breaking down ingested food, gastroesophageal reflux, esophagitis, and food aversion. Food aversion can lead to a failure to grow and thrive.
- Excessive sweating may occur in the upper body and head.
- Nearly half of the children impacted may have a learning handicap, such as difficulties with mathematics, communication, or language.
- Patients may have a normal occipital-frontal circumference despite retarded or stunted growth.
- The head may appear big in comparison to the neck and trunk, resulting in weaker head control.
Ayurveda is a natural science that prioritises the well-being of its followers without damaging their existing good physique and preserving their health in utmost body friendly ways. Being the most ancient medicine, it owns the glory of paving ways to almost all the other medical lines and their variety of brand-new technologies being implemented in upgrading the possibilities health arena.
Ayurveda is the science that works on the basic principle of the Tridosha siddhanta i.e., the theory of Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Stunted or abnormal growth being the supreme sign added to the syndrome, Ayurveda has its abilities high on handling it. Kapha and Vata are the 2 dosas mainly involved when it comes to growth. Wherein Kapha is the active anabolic energy and promotes growth. Vata is catabolic and is involved in taking growth at a slow pace. Getting your humours rightly aligned is always the key to better health according to Ayurveda. Your body is said to be ideally analogous to the universe and so or in accordance to previous experiences, it is always good to help your body with natural solutions. Ayurveda acharyas and texts have always profoundly depicted the herbs and their uses along with customised descriptions for various diseases. Similar method can be used for the Russel-silver syndrome for active treatments.
Herbal Remedies for Silver-Russell Syndrome SRS by Planet Ayurveda
Herbal medicines followed by a healthy routine by keeping a check on the diets and habits can cure this ailment to a great extent. Few herbs to be taken in appropriate proportions are prescribed as effective for Russel-Silver syndrome or RSS by Planet Ayurveda’s physicians and they include:
- Energo plan Syrup
Aravindasav is a bitter-tasting herbal formulation with a brown tint having Kamal (Nelumbo Nucifera), Ushira (Vetiveria Zizanioides), Manjishtha (Rubia Cordifolia) etc It’s a miracle remedy for children as it improves strength and immunity as well as adolescent troubles and so is suitable for RSS (Russell-Silver syndrome).
Dosage: – infants: 10-20 drops, twice or thrice a day.
Adults: 10-20 ml ml, with equal amount of water, twice a day after food.
2. Energo Plan Syrup
Energoplan Syrup contains medicinal herbs that naturally increase energy levels. The herbs are Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) etc. Being suggested for mental health, nerve health and immunity it rightly suits for treatment of RSS (Russell-Silver syndrome). Also, it is prescribed as a nutrition supplement and so a good choice for children.
Dosage: 1-2 teaspoons per day or as prescribed by your physician.
Prepare 90 sachets by mixing the below explained ingredients and give at a dose of 1 sachet thrice a day with plain water after meals.
- Kumar Kalyan Ras – Kumar Kalyan Ras is an ayurvedic herbal-mineral composition that contains a combination of herbs and minerals such as mercury. This is used to treat paediatrics and hence excellent for children.
- Dosage: as per physician’s advice.
- Godanti Bhasma – Godanti bhasma is an important component of Ayurvedic treatment formulated carefully using gypsum. It is quite useful in the treatment of chronic fever and typhoid fever. It relieves headaches and is helpful for migraine and trigeminal neuralgia sufferers. It acts as a calcium supplement and aids in the treatment of calcium deficiency diseases such as osteoporosis, backache, and rickets.
- Dosage: 125-300mg as per age group and advised by your physician.
- Akik Pishti – Akik Pishti is an ayurvedic composition made up of a combination of minerals and herbs. One of the key ingredients in this formulation is agate powder. This formulation is recognised to help with heart, vision issues and also with mental health issues and so ideal to tackle RSS in children.
- Dosage: 5gms per day and as per doctor’s advice.
- Jawahar Mohra Pishti – Jawahar Mohra Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine that comes in tablet or powder form and is used to avoid excessive loss of body fluids through loose motions which is found widely among children.
- Dosage: 5gms daily or as advised by your doctor.
- Giloy Satva – Giloy Satva is a miracle ayurvedic drug that beneficial for a variety of conditions and side effects of RSS like and performs variety of functions like, aids in the detoxification of the body by removing toxins, helps the body to heal from inflammation, boosts immunity and aids in the maintenance of a healthy immune system. It works as a powerful antacid to treat hyperacidity and gastrointestinal issues and due to its detoxifying properties, it purifies an individual’s impure blood. As an antipyretic, it can help with high-grade fevers. This medication aids in digestion, boosts digestive fire in the body, and controls appetite. Its soothing, cooling character aids in the treatment of nasal haemorrhage and rectum bleeding.
- Dosage: 125 to 250mgs daily once or twice or as per your physician’s prescription.
- Mukta Shukti – It’s an Ayurvedic medicine made from pearl oysters that can help with things like bone and joint health. Advisable for mental and immunity health as well.
- Dosage: 5gms daily or as per your doctor’s instruction.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
The above products comprise many varieties of herbal contents that’s best suitable for children and comes with unique benefits naturally. Abilities might differ from person to person. None of us should be blamed, but only encouraged to live right by choosing healthy lifestyles. Health conditions might change rapidly in many of us. With no hesitation let us choose acceptance over complaining or getting disheartened by the flaws. Let yourself choose Ayurveda, let yourself better your health at every state of affairs of life, disregarding your limits. In case of any query kindly visit www.planetayurveda.com