Overview of dengue
In recent years, dengue cases had out broken a lot across India and worldwide. It has become the most leading cause of illness among children and adults can also result in seldom death. Dengue is a DENV virus caused disease in which a female mosquito, Aedes Aegypti is the host and is responsible for transmitting to different people. The dengue epidemic usually occurs when there is a suitable temperature of about 25 degrees. According to many case studies show that maximum cases have been reported at the time of monsoons.
Treatment in Ayurveda
Although there is no specific vaccination or medication available in homeopathy or allopathy. In allopathy, there are various pain killers and antibiotics, which only reduce the pain and symptoms of dengue on a temporary basis but not from the roots. In ancient Ayurvedic Vedas, dengue fever has been mentioned as Dandaka jvara, and provided us with much better treatment, without any side effects. Many herbs, which are used to soothe the Vata, and Pita are very helpful in treating dengue fever are as follows-
- Basil leaves
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Amla/Indian Gooseberry (Emblica officinalis)
- Spirulina (Spirulina platensis)
- Wheat grass (Triticum aestivum)
Symptoms of Dengue
In mild dengue, there are following symptoms
- High fever – 104◦F
- Rashes on body
- Pain behind the eyes
Severe Dengue Fever –Major symptoms include:
- Internal bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- 100◦F fever
- Low platelets count
Causes of dengue as per mentioned in Ayurveda
According to Ayurvedic concepts, it is believed that the accumulation and elevation of doshas, during monsoon season occurs. There are two doshas which have been considered as the major cause of infections and diseases, which are named as Vata and Pitta. Vitiation of Vata in summers and accumulation of Pitta in monsoon is the reason due to which we get prone to many infections. Vitiation of Vata results in symptoms like muscles and joints pain.
Some of the major external causes that lead to dengue are as follows-
- Traveling to tropical areas, which is considered to be most affected by dengue
- Change in environmental and weather conditions.
- Clogged water in slum areas and digs on roads.
Natural Diet Tips, which are Beneficial in Curing Dengue
- Fruits include oranges, pomegranate, and kiwi, which are a great source of minerals and vitamins which has proved to be beneficial in increasing blood platelets count.
- There are various herbs like Amla (Emblica officinalis), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), wheat grass (Triticumaestivum) and spirulina (Spirulina plantensis), which helps in curing Vata and Pitta dosha and helps in reducing the symptoms of dengue.
- Coconut water, which is a great source of magnesium, zinc, copper, etc.
- It helps in keeping the body dehydrated and nourished. Overall this helps in reducing the symptoms of dengue and flushing out the toxins from the body.
- Carica Papaya, which belongs to the family of Caricaceae, being a rich source of phytochemicals and antioxidants, it helps in improving digestion, reducing stress and helps in boosting up the platelets count.
- Infected people should consume more vegetables, which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and proteins which help s in increasing white blood platelets count in the body. Examples of such vegetables are- spinach, broccoli, beetroot, and pumpkin.
- The affected person should stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, like juices and vegetable soups. This is the best way to overcome weaknesses and lowering the temperature.
- Processed food items like chips, spicy food/fried food, etc. should be avoided, while one is affected with dengue.
- Fenugreek leaves have proved to be very beneficial in curing the pain in dengue.
Herbal Treatment for Dengue Fever by Planet Ayurveda
All the Herbal Remedies for Dengue Fever which are provided by Planet Ayurveda are not only 100 percent pure and vegetarian but are free from all types of chemicals, preservatives, binders, and additives. All this make these home remedies safe to use without any side effect.
Some of the best-recommended remedies available are as follows
Spirulina is a type of cyanobacteria, which is a rich source of proteins, vitamins B1, B2, copper and iron. These are antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. These are very helpful in curing dengue fever. These capsules have been formulated using blue-green algae spirulina (Spirulina Plantensis). These help in maintaining the body healthy and energized.
Dosage– It is recommended to take one tablet twice a day with water.
Indian gooseberry is the richest source of Vitamin C, so it acts as an anti-oxidant and helps in cell regeneration. This formulation is prepared by the pure extracts of Amla (Emblica Officinalis), which provides relief in dengue fever and strengthens immune system.
Dosage– Take 20 ml, twice daily.
This is prepared by the pure extracts of herb Giloy (Tinospora Cordofolia), which is mentioned as amrita (Nectar) in Ayurveda due to its beneficial properties in medicines. This herb is an anti-inflammatory and antipyretic providing relief in dengue fever and boosting up the immune system.
Dosage– one capsule twice a day with water is recommended.
4.Wheat grass (Triticuma Estivum)
It’s a great source of vitamins A, C, E and minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, and proteins. This is beneficial in curing dengue symptoms like muscle & joint pain, nausea, and fever, etc. This formulation is purely extracted from wheat.
Dosage– It is recommended to take one spoon twice a day with water.
Why only Ayurveda?
There are Few Reasons Why one Should Only Prefer Ayurveda Over allopathy
- Ayurveda stresses strengthening the immune system of the body, which in turn protects the body from infections.
- Ayurvedic remedies are formulated in such a way that they don’t leave any side effects on the body.
- These Treatments cure the disease of the root and are Permanent.
- One must not travel in dengue prone areas.
- Avoid fast food, street food, etc.
- Add fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Use mosquito repellents.
- You should wear long sleeves and full trousers.
- Avoid clogged up water areas near your houses, and surroundings.