Tea has always been an important component of many rich cultures in the world whether it’s Chinese, Japanese, British or Indian culture. Its evergreen prominence in every social setting is one of its qualities.
While most of us start our day with a hot steaming tea, there is hardly any social occasion where the tea does not have a place. Like any mouth-watering food, tea entices people to come together and share their stories. It is to be mentioned that Indian subcontinent is known for consuming more tea as compared to any other cultures in the world. It has been people’s companion of their rainy, tiring or any joyous days from ages.
With the never-ending demand of tea, individuals who are accustomed to having seven to eight cups of tea a day and even more often deal with its negative effects.
Though it has been proven that tea serves as a rich anti-oxidant and also improves mood, it comes with several ill-effects. For instance, non-herbal tea contains caffeine. Even though its content is not as rich as coffee, it can still leave one feeling nauseated, impact the heart rates and can also cause insomnia.
Further, a sweetened cup of tea contains at least 50 calories. The addition of every cup only increases our calorie intake in a day without providing any nutritious value to the body. Likewise, the tea also contains iron binding effect which makes it difficult for the body to access iron content from the fruits, vegetables if one is consuming tea along with the iron-rich foods.
Nevertheless, there are many healthy alternatives available in the market that one can opt for. One can still enjoy their daily hot brewing tea without renouncing their health concerns. The good news is that with the growing health consciousness, the market has witnessed an upsurge in herbal teas.
Top 7 herbal teas for a healthier life
Let’s look at popular herbal teas that contain several health benefits and can help us to live a healthier life:
1. Arjun Tea
- Arjun tea contains several ingredients that are beneficial for the body especially the heart. The herbs used in the composition have been used by mankind for its remedial properties since ages.
- Daily intake of Arjun Tea helps one in maintaining cholesterol levels, bringing improvement in the pumping of the heart along with being a rich source of anti-oxidants.
- Its many cardiovascular components like Arjuna, Punarnava, Dalchini, Pipal Tvak, Chhoti Elaichi makes it a boon for the heart.
- The tea strengthens the heart muscles, dilation of blood vessels and also improves blood circulation in the body.
2. Hibiscus Tea:
- Hibiscus tea comes with many health and beauty benefits. In a hot summer afternoon, a chilled cup of hibiscus tea can help one to beat the heat and have a cooling sensation.
- Other than being a good alternative to caffeinated drinks and a rich source of anti-oxidant, hibiscus comes an aid for several health problems.
- Regular intake of Hibiscus tea can help an individual to avert problems like indigestion, obesity, menstrual cramps, low blood sugar, and depression along with lowering blood pressure.
- However, one should avoid taking hibiscus tea in case of pregnancy or if an individual is already suffering from low blood pressure.
3. Sage Tea:
- Sage also known as Salvia officinalis is widely used in the preparation of different delicacies throughout the world.
- In addition to its culinary properties, sage tea is consumed in different parts of the world as a daily healthy dose of tea.
- At the time when a large section of the population is suffering from anxiety, daily consumption of Sage Tea in moderation can help one in preventing or reducing anxiety levels and controlling diabetes.
- Along with helping with anxiety problems, Sage Tea also helps in boosting the immunity, improving appetite, weight management, dealing with painful menstrual periods.
4. Detox Tea:
- Detox Tea is a blend of rich anti-oxidant agents that have proven to be very beneficial in detoxifying the body. Humans consume toxins on a daily basis through packed foods, fertilizers and pesticides that are being used on growing vegetables and junks food items.
- Other than flushing out the toxins from the body, it also works as an anti-ageing agent.
- In addition to this, detox tea is valuable in treating anemia, indigestion along with bleeding disorders. Furthermore, it has proven to be helpful in increasing sperm count.
5. Peppermint Tea:
- Peppermint is a common home remedy and is also a flavoring agent. Other than its refreshing aroma, peppermint comes with several health benefits.
- The daily intake of Peppermint Tea can help one in weight loss along with improving sleep schedule.
- A cup of peppermint tea can help one to release stress, fatigue after a long exhausting day.
- The anti-bacterial properties of the peppermint tea also help an individual in boosting his immune system.
- It is commonly known that the peppermint is in the majority of the mouth fresheners available in the market today.
- Therefore, peppermint can also help one in dealing the problem of bad breath.
6. Turmeric Tea:
- Turmeric is commonly used as a spice in India and is popular for its healing properties. Its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties work wonders when it comes to regulating the immune system.
- In addition to this, it can also help in relieving the inflammation and swelling problems with the person suffering from the problem of arthritis.
- It further helps in maintaining the cholesterol thereby reducing the chances of stroke or any other heart disease.
- Since turmeric has blood thinning properties, one should also consult the doctors in case there are scheduled to go through any surgery.
7. Echinacea Tea:
- Echinacea herbs are known for their healing properties not only useful for boosting the immune system but also aids in reducing various symptoms of cold and flu.
- The antioxidant properties of Echinacea Tea have been proven to be beneficial in regulating blood sugar level, repairing cells, improving digestion, migraine.
- Having said that one needs to be careful while purchasing Echinacea Tea.
- Like any other products, there have been many cases where substandard Echinacea Teas are available in the market therefore one needs to be careful and should even consult with the doctor before making a purchase.
For more information on herbal teas and other herbal remedies, visit www.planetayurveda.com