Don’t feel embarrass or awful if you have hemorrhoid/piles. Now this problem can’t make you suffer more because herbal remedies for hemorrhoids are the safest way to get rid from this problem. Herbs like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Pippali (Piper longum), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), kachnar bark (Bauhina variegate), Amlaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) and Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) which are quite effective in treatment of hemorrhoids.
In hemorrhoids there are swollen blood vessels in, around the anus and rectum. Hemorrhoids mainly occur due to the increased pressure on these blood vessels due to constipation, prolonged sitting, pregnancy and obesity. Hereditary factors, ageing, over indulgence during sexual intercourse, low fiber diet or eating the excess spicy foods are also the factors which contribute to piles.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids?
In some cases people don’t have hemorrhoids symptoms. But symptoms may include
- Redness, soreness and swelling around anus.
- Painless rectal bleeding.
- Lump formation around anus, which may be painful.
- Itching and irritation in anal region.
In Ayurveda piles are called as Arsh, it has pain like pricking needle. There are three doshas – Vata, pitta and kapha in the body which represent a healthy body. Imbalance of any of three energies result in the health issues. Hemorrhoids are due to the vitiation of all the three energies. Aggravation in the pitta dosha causes the digestive problems like impairment of jathargni (digestive fire) and ama (toxins) accumulation in digestive gut. Vitiated vata dosha causes the piles (arsha).
These herbal remedies for hemorrhoids help to balance all the vitiated doshas in body without causing any side effects on health.
- Sanjivani Vati
- Kachnaar guggul
- Pile off
- Vara churna.
1. SANJIVANI VATI: Sanjivani vati is one of the effective herbal remedy for hemorrhoids. This herbal product is prepared by the combination of various herbs which are listed below-
Ingredients of Sanjivani vati:
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Ginger root (Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Guduchi herb (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Shuddh Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium)
- Shuddh vatsnabh (Aconitum ferox)
USES: Above mentioned herbs used in the formulation of sanjivani vati are quite effective to treat piles in a natural way. These herbs help to improve the digestion Furthermore these herbs also help to provide relief in the symptoms of hemorrhoids like irritation, itching, redness, soreness and swelling around anus.
DOSE: 2 tablets thrice in a day with water after meals.
2. KACHNAAR GUGGUL: Planet Ayurveda offers the Kachnaar guggul which is also among the one of most effective herbal remedies for hemorrhoids. This herbal product is the combination of various herbs which are listed below:
- kachnar bark (Bauhina variegate)
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Varuna (Crataeva religiosa)
BENEFITS- Herb used in formulation of kachnaar guggul help to balance the tridosha in the body which are major cause of hemorrhoids. These herbs formulation helps to provide the relief in the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
DOSE: 2 tablets thrice a day with water after meals.
3. PILE OFF- As the name of this herbal product describes that it is good to eliminate the hemorrhoids/ piles from root. Pile off is quite good for both internal and external piles. It also helps to reduce rectal bleeding and swelling around anus. This herbal product is prepared by the combination of various natural ingredients which are given below –
Ingredients of PILE OFF
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Trikatu (ginger, long pepper, black pepper)
- Sajjikshaar (Sodium bicarbonate)
- Nagkeshar (Mesuaferrea)
- Chotiharar (Terminalia chebula)
BENEFITS: Pile off is beneficial to treat both internal and external piles. It helps to treat the piles from root without causing any side effects. It helps to reduce the rectal bleeding and swelling around anus.
DOSE: 2 capsules twice daily after meals.
4. VARA CHURNA: Vara churna is prepared by the combination of three herbs named as Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Amlaki (Emblica officinalis). Combination of these three herbs quite effective to treat the hemorrhoids. These herbs also help to improve the impaired digestion.
USES: This herbal product helps to resolve constipation and removes accumulated toxins from body. Thus vara churna is also one of effective herbal remedies for hemorrhoids.
DOSE: 1 tablespoonful twice daily with warm water after meals.
Diet for hemorrhoids
- Consume Whole grain (rich in roughage) like wheat pasta, brown rice, bran cereal, oats and bagels.
- >Eat fibre rich fruits like oranges, papaya, apple, berry (only ripened), pears, cantaloupe and watermelon.
- Include the vegetables like spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, onion, cucumber, carrot, beans, celery, peas, black eye beans, asparagus, legumes and sweet potatoes. These vegetables are rich in the fibres and antioxidants thus good for hemorrhoids.
- Include these products in your diet like milk, yogurt, walnut, almonds, hazelnut, honey, sesame, aloe vera, cow ghee and buttermilk.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
Foods to be avoided in hemorrhoids:
- Spicy food
- Junk food
- Excess salty food
- Sweet meat
- Oil food