An explanation about ulcerative colitis and ayurvedic treatment is described below as many people around the world are suffering from this condition which is really bothering!!
WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
Ulcerative colitis is a common chronic inflammatory bowel disease that causes long lasting inflammation of digestive tract. As it is a chronic condition, symptoms develop over the time than rapidly. Ulcerative colitis is a form of IBD that has similarity to chron’s disease. Rectum, the end part of the colon is always involved in ulcerative colitis. Inflammation of colon varies from part to part. If it is only in the rectum, it’s known as ulcerative proctitis and when whole colon is involved it is called as universal colitis.
NOTE – IBD is inflammatory bowel disease like chron’s disease or ulcerative colitis and it is different from IBS which is irritable bowel syndrome. Unlike IBD, IBS is less serious problem as it does not cause inflammation, ulcer and damage to the bowels. In IBS, digestive system looks normal but does not work properly.
Ulcerative colitis is most common in U.S, England and northern Europe though it is worldwide. Rarely seen in Eastern Europe, Asia and South America.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
Causes of ulcerative colitis are not known exactly. It is not sure what triggers ulcerative colitis. Causes may include –
- Heredity – you can develop the condition if you have a parent or sibling with the same problem. Genetic makeup play very important role to develop ulcerative colitis.
- Immune system – The GIT becomes inflamed when immune system tries to fight off the invading microorganism.
- Stress – may be the reason in some cases to worsen the symptoms when someone having it.
- Allergy – Or sensitivity to certain foods or food products does not cause this condition but it may trigger symptoms in some people.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
People with ulcerative colitis have mild to moderate symptoms. Main symptom of it is abdominal discomfort. Others are –
- Diarrhea with blood or pus
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Skin lesions
- Retarded growth in children
If this condition is not treated, complications may takes place like liver disorders, joint pain, osteoporosis etc.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS ACCORDING TO THE TYPES OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS
- Ulcerative proctitis – here inflammation of area around the anus is involved and rectal bleeding may be the only sign present in most of cases. Others may be rectal pain and feeling of urgency.
- Proctosigmoiditis – this type includes involvement of lower end of the colon with rectum. Signs and symptoms include, abdominal cramps, bloody diarrhea etc.
- Left sided colitis – Inflammation extends from the rectum up through the sigmoid and descending colon, which are placed in the upper left part of the abdomen. Symptoms may be bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and pain on the left side, and unintended weight loss.
- Pancolitis – condition where almost whole colon is affected with symptoms like abdominal cramps, fatigue, weight loss etc.
- Fulminant colitis – type of ulcerative colitis where entire colon is involved. It is rare and serious form of colitis which presents with severe abdominal pain, profuse diarrhea, dehydration, shock too. People with this type are prone to have serious complications like colon cancer.
Most of people, with a milder condition, such as ulcerative proctitis, do not develop more severe signs and symptoms.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
- Colon cancer is the serious complication that people can have who is suffering from fulminant colitis type. There may be risk of rupture of colon; septicemia and patient can go in to shock.
Other complications include,
- Liver disorders
- Severe dehydration
- Severe bleeding
- Inflammation of skin
- Inflammation of joints
- Inflammation of eyes
WHAT IS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
Ayurvedic treatment for ulcerative colitis include various special herbs that reduces the symptoms like bloody diarrhea, pain, abdominal cramps etc and heals the colitis naturally.
Herbs benefitial in treating ulcerative colitis are –
Kutaj, arjuna, dhaniya, jayphala, dadima, bilva, guduchi, akik pisti, prawal pisti and so many.
RESEARCHERS HAVE PROVEN THAT
- These medicines acts as anti dysenteric.
- These are helpful in decreasing inflammation.
- All these herbs remove toxins from the body and improve the functions of the body.
Planet Ayurveda presents a unique Grahani Support Pack for the treatment of various types of ulcerative colitis. It contains special herbal remedies like Vatsakadi churna, Pitta balance, Arjuna and Kutjaghana vati that are capable of fighting against symptoms of this condition like diarrhea, pain and discomfort etc.
These herbal remedies are explained below in detail for better understanding.
PRODUCTS IN GRAHANI SUPPORT PACK
1). VATASKADI CHURNA – This is a pure natural formulation made from the best quality of vatsak. This effective remedy also contains bilva, saunf, elaiachi, dhaniya, jayaphala, anar in it which all together subsides symptoms of ulcerative colitis like diarrhea, abdominal pain etc and improves functions of intestines . these herbs improves digestion and keeps bowels clean. Vatsak is well known for its actions on GIT. It helps to control loose motions.
DOSE: 1 to 2 teaspoon with water after meals twice daily.
2). KUTAZ GHAN VATI – Kutza Ghan Vati is an ayurvedic herbal product, prepared from the purest extracts taken from the Kutaj herb. The herb is collected from the cleanest environments and Kutaj trees growing in the best soils are used. The processing and packaging of the tablets is done using the best technology and there is minimal human intervention so as to ensure that the purest product reaches the people. The regular usage of Ayurvedic Kutza Ghan Tablets reduces the chances of dysentery, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, and ulcerative colitis.
DOSE: 2 tablets twice or thrice per day after meals.
3). CAP. PITTA BALANCE – Our body is made from vata, pitta and kapha according to ayurveda. pitta represents fire, which is responsible for digestion, metabolism and conversion of bigger molecules in to smaller. Pitta and agni is responsible for the digestion of food articles in the stomach so it is very important to control the pitta in the body where condition is U.C with bloody diarrhea and burning sensation. Pitta balance contains different pistis like prawal pisti, mukta pisti etc with giloy that brings pitta in balance and subsides the aggravated signs and symptoms of U.C.
DOSE: 1 capsule twice daily with water after meals.
4). CAP. ARJUNA – Arjuna are 100 percent pure dietary supplement that are used to treat various heart problems, high blood pressure, increased cholesterol and tryglyserides etc. arjuna tree bark extracts is used to prepare capsules. It contains concentrated form of arjuna powder. Arjuna contains antioxidants that removes toxins out from the body and maintains health. Arjuna bark is rich in calcium, zinc, copper, magnesium also. Regular use of arjuna helps in maintaining healthy heart therefore balances three energies of the body and protects from ailments.
DOSE: 1 – 2 capsules twice daily with water after meals.
HOW THIS COMBINATION HELPS YOU?
Our Grahani Support Pack is a complete solution for ulcerative colitis. It has the perfect mixture of the effective herbs described in Ayurveda as the best anti-inflammatory, sedative, carminative, antifungal, anti-allergic, and anti-bacterial herbs.
We at Planet Ayurveda offer you a wide range of herbal supplements that take care of your health and life. Our products are 100% natural as we put our best efforts to bring to you the best of products in their purest form. Our products are prepared under completely hygienic environments and they undergo quality check before they reach you, therefore provides complete health and well being.
WHAT IS THE DIET IN ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
Diet also plays a very important role in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
- Juices of papaya, raw cabbage, carrot is really beneficial. Have these with adding little boiled water.
- Small diet with frequent meals of soft cooked or steamed vegetables, rice, dalia are advised to take.
- Tender coconut water soothes the soft mucosa of the colon and hence is very helpful.
- Cooked apple helps speedy healing of ulcerative colitis due to excess of concentration of iron, phosphorous and hence it is really valuable.
- Avoid white sugar, white bread and other various white flour products, tea, coffee, salty food and spicy food items.
- Include protein in your diet to avoid weakness of muscles and ligaments which in turn support the colon.
- Use drumstick as it alleviates colitis.
- Eat ripe bananas to treat ulcerative colitis because these are smooth, easy to digest and relieves constipation.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep bowels clean.
- Take complete test and avoid mental stress and tension.
Planet Ayurveda provides appropriate medicines and Ayurvedic treatment for all types of ailments. Our objective is keeping people disease free and healthy throughout the world as we believe that YOUR HEALTH IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY.