Chlamydia trachomatis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria. You may not know that you have chlamydia because many people do not experience signs and symptoms such as pain in the genitals. In this article, we will discuss Chlamydia Trachomatis, its epidemiology, causes, signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, diet and lifestyle changes, and ayurvedic herbs used in this disease.
Chlamydia trachomatis is a Gram-negative bacterium. It usually affects young females, but can also occur in males, females, and at any age. It can result from intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex. These diseases are limited to the affected area or may spread. These diseases are common and cause redness or pain at the contact site. This disease affects the columnar and transitional epithelium of the genitourinary system. The disease is on the surface. Since there is no deep penetration, there are no signs of pathological changes. Infections usually occur in the urinary tract, Bartholin’s glands, and cervix. It can spread upward like a gonococcal infection, causing pelvic inflammatory disease.
About 1 in 20 sexually active women aged 14–24 has chlamydia. There are racial and ethnic disparities in chlamydia, and non-Hispanic blacks are 5.6 times more likely to contract it than non-Hispanic whites. Chlamydia also occurs in men who have sex with men.
Incubation Period and Asymptomatic Persistence
The incubation period for symptomatic disease is 5–14 days after infection. However, it is not clear how long asymptomatic patients can carry the disease.
- STD partner
- MSM: Men who have sex with men
- Unprotected sex
Signs and Symptoms
- Painful urination
- Vaginal discharge in women
- Discharge from the penis in men
- Painful sexual intercourse in women
- Bleeding between periods
- Testicular pain in men
- It also infects the rectum
- Conjunctivitis because of the fluid
- Having sex before the age of 25
- Having multiple sexual partners
- Not always using a condom
- History of sexually transmitted disease
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Infections in newborns via mother
Infections in Male
- Urethritis: pyuria, dysuria, itching, urethral discharge
- Inclusion conjunctivitis
- Epididymitis results in decreased fertility and acute and unilateral inflammation of the epididymis
- Proctitis: discharge from the penis; dysuria; pain; blood; discharge from the rectum
Infections in Female
- Urethritis: dysuria, pyuria
- Proctitis: inflammation of the rectum
- Inclusion conjunctivitis
- Peri-hepatitis: infection of the liver capsule
- Avoid douching
- Get regular screenings for STIs
- Limit the number of sexual partners
- Use Contraceptives or a barrier method
- Avoid sharing sex toys; wash them and apply a condom to them
- Communicate with your sexual partner regarding this
- NAATs (Nucleic acid amplification tests) are used to detect chlamydia infection.
- ELISA Test
- Using a urine sample or swab
Ayurvedic Overview of Chlamydia Trachomatis
In Ayurveda, it is associated with Agantuj Vyadhi, which is caused by other factors (like air, water, disease, stones, sticks, and the potency of poisons) or other factors (like ulcers and wounds). After that, in this vyadhi (disease), doshas come into play. The emergence of Vyadhi is due to Dosha-dushya sammurchana (a combination of weak and injured tissues and debilitating doshas) and causes the appearance of illnesses such as fever (Javar) occurring in the body and anorexia. Illness is one of them because pain is the result of all kinds of diseases. They bring all kinds of discomfort and unhappiness to the mind and body.
Natural Herbs for Chlamydia
- Garlic has antifungal action that helps fight yeast growth.
- Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory action.
- Echinacea boosts immunity and helps fight bacterial and viral infections.
- Goldenseal is a natural antibiotic.
- Olive tree extract: This extract has antiviral and antimicrobial actions.
- Green tea is used as a herbal remedy.
- Aloe Vera is used for its antifungal properties and also helps in detoxification.
- Yoghurt supports the immune system, enabling the body’s immune system to fight against bad bacteria. It is also a natural probiotic.
Herbal Medicines for Chlamydia Trachomatis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is the producer of different Ayurvedic medicines produced using unadulterated, normal, and powerful spices. Planet Ayurveda rigorously follows all Ayurvedic standards given in antiquated Ayurvedic books. No synthetics or yeast. They give the accompanying solutions for Chlamydia trachomatis
- Female Health Support Capsules
- Kaishore Guggul
- Chandraprabha Vati
- Neem Capsule
1. Female Health Support
Female Health Support is a polyherbal capsule. Ingredients in Female Health Support are the bark of Ashok (Saraca asoca), the bark of Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), and the root of Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus). Ashoka is useful for the treatment of genital and other reproductive disorders in females and is also used for ailments of the urogenital tract, fever, and pain. Lodhra has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory actions. Shatavari is known to support autoimmune fertility issues by altering the immune system.
Dosage: 1 capsule, twice a day.
2. Kaishore Guggul
These polyherbal tablets include Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), and many more. Amalaki is used for its antipyretic, analgesic, and immunomodulatory properties. Haritaki heals the wound and has antibacterial action. Bibhitaki pacifies the Pitta and Kapha doshas and provides anti-inflammatory effects. Vidanga has antidepressant activity and boosts immunity.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily.
3. Chandraprabha Vati
Herbal tablets that support and maintain overall health include Shilajit (Asphaltum), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Karpoor (Cinnamomum camphora), Chavya (Piper chaba), Shunthi, and many more. Shilajit is popular as an ancient herb that promotes strength and energy. Guggul is used for its anti-inflammatory properties. Karpoor is beneficial for eye diseases and has antibacterial properties. Chavya shows anti-inflammatory activity.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day.
4. Neem Capsule
It is a herbal capsule that contains only one herb, which is neem (Azadirachta indica). The taste is unsweetened and sharp. The effect is mild and cool. It contains calcium and iron. It helps purify the blood. It is naturally cooling and astringent, and it can heal wounds. It is having anti-diabetic actions and helps to reduce itching.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily.
Diet Recommendations (Aahar) and Lifestyle Changes (Vihar)
- It is recommended that you eat healthy food. Eat eggs, chicken, fresh fruit, nuts, grains, and vegetables.
- Good and healthy eating
- Sweet and sour foods
- Avoid foods, salt, alcohol, and astringents.
- Follow (dincharya). This includes good sleep patterns and habits, timing for sexual activities, and exercise
- getting enough rest
- Staying up late
- Stress, excessive exercise, unprotected and excessive sex, and decreased urges (vegavidharan)
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604
In conclusion, chlamydia is a highly contagious disease that can spread through bodily fluids. This disease occurs in young people, and most of the young people are poor or do not have financial difficulties. In Ayurveda, turmeric, Emblica, etc., are effective in treating this disease. We can treat this disease with the various herbs that are mentioned above, which are very effective against these diseases and give strength to the body.