Endometriosis is a commonly occurring painful condition affecting woman’s reproductive organs. It happens as a result of tissues lining the uterus growing outside. Generally it grows in the pelvic cavity but it may be found growing on other areas like ovaries, fallopian tubes, bowels, or bladder.
Ayurvedic View For Endometriosis
It can be defined by function as Kapha roga and by location Pitta roga. This is the reason that Kapha dosha is controlling the function of the endometrial tissue growth in the uterus.
What can be causes of Endometriosis?
Specific cause for endometriosis has not been exactly known, but there are several theories.
- Retrograde menstruation where, menstrual blood having endometrial cells instead of flowing out of the body starts flowing back through the fallopian tubes and into the pelvic cavity, where these cells start sticking to their walls and surfaces where they start growing and continue to thicken and bleed over the course of each menstrual cycle. This happens in about 90% of women but endometriosis occurs only in 1out of 10 women.
- It may be hereditary. Women having close relative with this condition are 10 times more likely to get endometriosis.
- Sometimes immune system of certain women is not able to fight against endometriosis properly.
- It may be caused due to certain toxins present in the environment.
- Metaplasia may occur where normal pelvic tissue may get converted to endometriosis.
- After some surgeries, like in hysterectomy or C-section, endometrial cells may get attached to a surgical incision.
- Starting of periods at early age.
- Menopause occurring at an older age.
- Short menstrual cycles – for instance, less than 27 days
- Higher levels of estrogen in the body or more lifetime exposure of estrogen our body is producing
- Low body mass index
- Alcohol consumption
- Any medical condition preventing the normal passage of menstrual flow out of the body
- Uterine abnormalities
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE –AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF ENDOMETRIOSIS
Symptoms and Signs
- Heavy and Painful Periods with excessive bleeding may result.
- One may suffer from lower back and abdominal pain.
- Pain during or aftersex is common with endometriosis.
- Pain may occurs during bowel movements or urinationespecially during mensuration.
- Infertility can also be one of the symptom
- Other symptoms may include like fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, bloating or nausea, especially during menstrual periods.
Natural Cure for Endometriosis
1. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia curcumin are herbal capsules enriched with the anti-inflammatory herbs. These can effectively lessen the symptoms of inflammation and as well reducethe pain without causing any side effects. This herbal product is a combination of Shallaki (Boswelliaserrata) and Curcumin (curcuma longa).These herbs make it a natural cure for Endometriosis.
Shallaki (Boswelliaserrata) – Boswellia consists of boswellic acid that is very helpful to lessen inflammation. It is analgesic and has property to improve the blood circulation.
Curcumin (curcuma longa) – This herb is verygood anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant by nature.Curcumin is active herb to bring reduction in inflammation as it is effective in inhibiting the growth of cells that cause inflammation.
Dosage: 2 capsule twice a day, with plain water after meals.
2. Female Health Support
These herbal Capsules are a herbal formulation that has amazing features to strengthen the complete reproductive system of females with anti-inflammatory property. It can help you to get rid of pain during menstruation and lessen excessive bleeding during menstruation. In other way it is even useful in female infertility and improves libido. It is formed by amalgamating wonderful herbs which are
- Ashok (Saraca indica)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
- shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
which synergistically acts to control vitiated “Vata” and “Pitta” and retain their balance.
Ashok (Saraca indica) – This tree comprises saponins, flavonoids, glycosides that act as uterotonic, anti-tumour, oxytocic and anti-implantation. Its dried bark act as an effective astringent, that brings benefits in menorrhagia, excessive uterine bleeding and as well it is so amazing cooling agent and demulcent, which acts on congested uterus, painful periods, heavy clots, ammenorhea and endometriosis.
Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) – It is anti – inflammatory and beneficial in various female problems. Its bark is best astringent herb and good to use in heavy menstruation.
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) – Root part of Shatavari consists of Isoflavones, Asparagamine, Polysaccharides, mucilage and rich in vitamins A, B1 , B2 , C, E, Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron and folic acid . ‘Racemofuran’ in Shatvati has a potential to normalize the level of female hormones and gives strength to female.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day, with plain water after meals.
3. Aloe Vitals Capsules
Aleo vital capsules are purely herbal products that has anti-oxidant property which eliminates toxins from the body.as well a good immune system booster. It helps to balance the body energies vata, pitta and Kapha. This herbal product is formed of the standardized extract of Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis).
Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) – It is a wonderful anti-inflammatory herb with effective detoxifier, tonic and antiseptic properties.
4. Shatavari Capsules
These Capsules are purely herbal and very much beneficial for almost all menstrual problems, including amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea. Shatavari Capsule is an efficient natural herbal substitute to artificial hormones. Shatavari enables a female to maintain her fertility. This herbal product is prepared using herb Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus).
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) – In Ayurveda Shatavari is considered to proliferate the fertility and vitality of females. It has phytoestrogen that supportscreatesbalance in the hormones and reduce risk of endometriosis. It is also useful in painful menstruation, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts and irregular painful menstruation in females. It has potential to provide strength to the female reproductive system.It is a natural cure for endometriosis.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day, with plain water after meals.
5. Pradrantak Churna
This herbal preparation is the ammended classical Ayurvedic formulation “Pushyanug” churna. This formulation consists of various herbs
- Lodhra (Symplocusracemosa)
- Ashok (Saracaindica)
- Udumbar (Ficusglomerata)
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
Ayurveda has considered it to be very useful in gynecological problems as it can maintain thevata balance. It pacifies the vata doshaas well as the other doshas (Pitta and kapha) also. Its properties are like anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and uterine tonic. It is a natural cure for endometriosis as it can reduce inflammation and reforms endometrium. It naturally balances the female hormones. It is useful for female health problems like
- ovarian cyst
- premenstrual syndrome
- uterine fibroids
- menopausal syndrome
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily, with plain water or fresh juice after meals.