Fatty liver is a condition or a disease of the liver in which fat build up in the liver and results in its inflammation. Consumption of over fat and alcohol results into fatty liver.
The symptoms which give a clears picture of having fatty liver and requires attention are-
- Weight gain
- Dull abdominal pain
- Blood sugar imbalance
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
There are natural ways if followed will help to keep our liver healthy and free from the complications which can result in a damaged liver. Our lifestyle and dietary habits are very much counted to be responsible for fatty liver or other complications related to the liver.
Let us discuss the ways which can help to avoid Fatty Liver.
Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Overweight is always unhealthy and a reason for many problems. When one continues with overeating, fried, and greasy food it leads to accumulation of fat on the liver. So one should always have a balanced diet which can avoid the fat accumulation and controls the body weight.
- When one gets into direct contact of toxins- industrial chemicals, certain medications, and even the food that we eat, than these toxins affect our body. It starts harming our liver and become a reason for fatty liver. Therefore one should keep oneself free from these toxins This can be done through detoxification.
Get Your Antioxidants
- Intake of vitamins are very much required for healthy working of the body. So one should take Vitamin E and C as both are good antioxidants and helps to promote liver health.
Try Herbal Medicine
- Intake of too much of allopathic medicines can also harm our liver. Therefore one should move towards Ayurveda- natural and herbal products because it helps our body produce enzymes and boost immunity which help to flush out the toxins and keep our organs safe and strong.
Simple Home Remedies for Fatty Liver
Let’s discuss few of the home remedies or the easily available things which helps in curing Fatty liver
Coffee to lower abnormal liver enzymes
- Coffee is good to be consumed if you have fatty liver but in a limit. As it helps to lower down the abnormal liver enzymes.
- Tofu is full of protein with very low fat. Therefore it helps to reduce the accumulation of fat on the liver.
- Fish is a good source of omega-3 and fatty acid. Intake of it helps in decreasing the fat level of liver which eases the inflammation.
- Intake of oatmeal which is rich in carbohydrate give energy to the body. Its Consumption help in maintaining normal body weight.
- It is full of omega-3 and fatty acid and consumption of it improve the liver function.
- It has healthy fats and chemical which slows down the liver damage. Avocado is also rich in fiber which helps in maintaining normal weight.
- These seeds are rich in vitamin E and have an antioxidant property which protects the liver from further damage.
- This oil is rich in omega-3 and fatty acid and consumption of it lower downs the abnormal liver enzymes and controls and manages the weight.
- It is one of the most common spices used in every kitchen and it is overloaded with benefits. Its Consumption reduces the body weight and accumulation of fat on the liver. Thus it helps in treating fatty liver.
- Intake of Green tea helps in reducing the accumulated fat and also improves the liver function. Green tea lowers down the cholesterol and induces the sleep.
- It is a fruit which has the function of burning fat from the body. This fruit is having an anti-oxidant property which makes it useful in treating fatty liver. It can be taken as fruit. The fried papaya seeds with lemon juice twice daily is very beneficial.
- It is a detoxifier which helps the liver in producing glutathione (enzyme). Lemon is a good source of vitamin C which in production of the enzyme required to overcome Fatty Liver. Consumed as lemon water.
Herbs which help in Fatty Liver
- Turmeric is one of the most common and easily available herbs and spice in every kitchen. This herb is loaded with benefits therefore used in the treatment of many health issues. Turmeric Curcumin Longa has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant property also used as a detoxifier.
- As per Ayurveda it also balances the vitiated Pitta Dosha. The properties present in turmeric help in protecting the liver cells from the causes which leads to Fatty Liver. It can be consumed in any form- in cooking, added in milk, or in capsule form.
- It is one the commonly found herb with antioxidant property and acts as a good detoxifier. It helps in maintaining and balancing the liver function. It can be used in powder form or can be eaten raw-3 to 4 daily. Mix 1 teaspoon of amla powder in a glass of lukewarm water and have it.
- Golden Seal is one of the best herb used for natural care of the Fatty Liver. This herb has the property of cleansing and purification. It is also helpful in problems related to digestion, UTI, and many more. The dose of it depends on the factors like- age, health, and other conditions. Taken in powder form-1 teaspoonful twice daily with luke warm water.
Ginger / Adrak ( Zingiber officinale)
- Ginger is again a commonly available spice of every kitchen. As per Ayurveda, it reduces the formation of Ama the toxins, which makes it beneficial in supporting overall health.
- Ginger also has the properties which help in the protection of liver from damages like- degenerative liver and fatty liver. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-oxidative properties which makes it useful in fatty liver and other health ailments too.
- It can be used fresh in cooking or can be consumed in powder form-1 teaspoonful with normal water or as ginger tea, decoction.
- Cinnamon has anti-oxidative and detoxifying action which improves the level of enzymes, and anti-diabetic function which makes it beneficial in Fatty Liver. It can be used as a normal spice in cooking, or as a herbal tea, decoction and in powder form- ½ tsp once in a day.
- Along with diet doing yoga on the regular basis helps in reducing the fat over liver and it is also good for overall health. Let us discuss the yoga asanas.
- Boost the health of the liver and protects from ailments like Fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Jaundice, and Hepatitis.
- It gives strength and stimulates the liver also protects from fibrosis, apoptosis, stress, and inflammation.
- This asana is very helpful in case of Fatty liver. It strengthen, stretches and stimulates the liver. By doing this asana the accumulated fat will be used as energy.
- It is very helpful in the case of Liver Cirrhosis. Practicing this asana will strengthen, stimulate and stretch the liver
Effective in treating Liver cancer. It also strengthens, stretches and stimulates the liver. Removes the harmful toxins from the liver.
- Intake of these herbs enriched with health benefits and following proper diet with yoga helps a lot to overcome the diseases of liver, especially Fatty Liver.