The modern world is full of technology and sedentary lifestyle. But with increase in luxurious lifestyle, lack of physical exercise and overload of work is there which results in stress. Stress and lack of physical movement are the major cause of many diseases. One of such diseases is impotence in men. What is impotence? How is it caused? What are its symptoms? What is the best treatment? After reading this article you will be able to get answers to all these queries.
Impotency is also known as Erectile Dysfunction Impotency means that a person is unable to get or maintain erection. In some cases, penis is not that much hard enough to have sexual intercourse. Sometimes there is no fullness or swelling of the penis. Both can have a serious effect on sex life of that person. It can happen to people at any age. Increases with age risk of erectile dysfunction also increases. But age doesn’t cause Impotency. There are 4 phases considered in male sexual cycle. Libido, Erection, Orgasm, Penile flaccidity.
Psychogenic and Reflexogenic mechanisms play its role in erection. Psychogenic Erection is activated in response to imaginary, visual, olfactory and auditory stimuli. Reflexogenic erection is conducted by stimulation of sensory receptors on the penis. The blood flow to erectile tissue is increased during an erection. Squeezing the venules and limiting venous outflow. And resulting in full rigidity.
Impotence presents differently in different individuals. Some common symptoms of Impotence include:
- Unable to achieve erection
- Unable to maintain erection
- Reduced sexual desire
Some physical causes of impotency include
- Diabetes: Diabetes is the most common cause of impotency. Diabetes is responsible for the dysfunction of blood vessels and nerves.
- Reduced Blood flow to penis: Over the age of 40, blood arteries become narrowed. Flow of blood through arteries to penis gradually decreases which is not enough to cause an erection.
- Hormonal cause: Testosterone is the hormone mainly produced in men by the testicles. The main function of these hormones is to control the process of erectile function. Previous head injury is also the major cause of low testosterone levels. Because all hormonal functions are regulated by the pituitary gland which is present in the brain.
- Nerve damage: Parkinson’s disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis etc. These diseases can damage nerves going to the penis.
- Alcohol and drug abuse: Heavy use of drugs and alcohol can cause impotency.
- Venous leak: It is the increased outflow of blood through the vein from the penis.
- Side effects of certain medicines: Some medicines such as Antidiuretics, beta blockers, antidepressants and many other medicines sometimes may cause impotency.
- Injury to the nerves: Various injuries such as fractured pelvis, spinal injury, genital area radiotherapy etc. may cause erectile dysfunction.
A person may get anxious after sexual intercourse when he can’t get or maintain an erection. This performance anxiety can lead to impotency. Some psychological causes of Impotency include:
- Relationship difficulties
In Ayurveda, this disease is correlated with “kalevya Roga”. The vitiation of Shukra Dhatu (the last body tissue to be formed in sequence). Shukra dhatu in modern context can be correlated with semen, male sex hormones (testosterones) and their precursors i.e. Androgens. This disease leads to decreased libido and sexual ability which ultimately leads to failure in reproductive efficiency.
The four types of Kalevya is described by Acharya Charaka is as
- Vijopghat janya napunsakta (Congenital Impotency): In this type, Impotency present from birth.
- Dhvajopghat janya napunsakta (Traumatic or Infective Impotency): Impotency as a result of trauma or an infection to the male sex organ (Penis) such as STDS (AIDS, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea etc.)
- Jara janya napunsakta (Senile Impotency): This type of Potency occurs due to decreased strength with advance age.
- Shukrakshaya janya napunsakta (Seminal deficiency impotency): It occurs due to loss of semen.
Acharya had mentioned various formulations and herbal remedies under the topic “Vajikaran” (Aphrodisiac therapy) which are the gold standard of treatment and preventive measures for these impotency and related conditions.
Potency is also the result of lifestyle choices. So people can reduce the risk of Potency by lifestyle modification. It includes
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid the use of drugs (Heroin, Cocaine etc.)
- Reduce the use of alcohol
- Increased physical activities
- Minimized the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Reducing anxiety, stress and depression
- Follow a healthy diet
HERBAL MEDICINES PROVIDED BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides natural and effective medications such as “Impotency Care Pack” to prop up the healthy reproductive system of males and also helps in maintaining Tridoshas. Planet Ayurveda’s products are safe effective and 100% vegetarian. These products are also free from preservatives, binders, Chemicals, colors etc.
Herbal remedies proposed by our experts to manage Impotency
- Shilajit Capsules
- Ashwagandha Capsules
- Tribulus Powder
- Atirasadi Churna
Full description of herbal remedies proposed by our experts
1. Shilajit Capsules
Shilajit (Asphaltum) is also known as “rock sweat”. These capsules contain pure extract of a single herb. It helps in the treatment of male infertility or low total sperm count. It contains several Minerals and Vitamins.
Dosage– 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
2. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) is called as Indian ginseng. It is used to increase the level of testosterone. It is also helpful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
3. Tribulus Power
Gokshura is the common name of Tribulus (Tribulus Terrestris). Acting as a non-hormonal bio stimulator, this herb increases the level of endogenous testosterone. It is also helpful to manage erectile dysfunction by enhancing penile erection.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
4. Atirasadi Churna
It contains more than 10 herbal ingredients such as Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosus), Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Borivilianum), Semal Musli (Salmalia Malabarica), Varahi kand (Dioscorea Tuberosa) etc. This churna is beneficial to increase sperm quantity as well as sperm count. Level of testosterone is also enhanced which further increases blood circulation to the genitals.
Dosage– 1 Tablespoon twice daily with plain water after meal
In the end of this article, we know that Impotency can occur due to various physical and psychological causes. So, to treat or prevent this disease Impotency Care Pack is recommended by Planet Ayurveda should be used along with proper lifestyle and diet as mentioned in the article.