Skin is one of the largest organs and covering as well as protecting the body. Along with that its main function is to protect the body from any kind of infection. But there are times when the skin itself gets infected. There are a variety of germs that are responsible for the infection and the signs vary from being mild to serious. One of these infections is the viral infection of the skin caused by a virus. Molluscum contagiosum is one of them which is very rare and difficult to get rid of. In this article, we are going to discuss this skin condition more in detail along with its herbal treatment.
What is Molluscum Contagiosum?
Molluscum contagiosum is a skin condition resulting from the virus called poxvirus and kids are mostly affected by this disease. This viral skin condition results in lesions or raised bumps that are benign on the upper layer of the skin. These bumps do not cause pain and can disappear on their own but might result in scarring if left untreated. The duration of the disease varies from patient to patient but normally it can remain from one to two months and about for a few years too. It can easily spread from getting in contact with the infected patient or from contaminated objects like towels or even a piece of cloth. It is difficult to treat the disease if you have a low immune system.
What are The Signs And Symptoms?
If you get in contact with a patient with the virus there are chances that you might not see any symptoms for up to six months. But the incubation period varies from three to six weeks.There are chances to see the appearance of small painless bumps or patches that are more than 20 in numbers.
These are the common signs seen in the disease including
- Small as well as shiny bumps on the skin.
- Firm and dome-shaped in the middle of the face.
- Flesh-colored, pink or white bumps
- The central core of the bump is filled with a waxy material.
- The diameter differs from 2 to 5 millimeters and the size may differ from being a pin to a size of rubber on the top of the pencil.
- It can be seen anywhere on the body including the sole of the foot or palm of the hand and also on other body parts including the face, abdomen, arms, genitals, inner thigh, abdomen, or torso.
What Causes Molluscum Contagiosum?
- First of all, you can easily get it by getting in contact with the skin of the infected person.
- Children are capable of spreading it easily while playing with other children.
- Teens or Adults can easily contract it through sexual intercourse.
- There are also chances of getting infected during playing sports like skin-to-skin contact.
- Even touching the sports equipment including football helmets, baseball gloves, and many more.
- There are vast chances to spread the virus throughout the body including from one body part to the other by scratching or shaving the bump.
There are certain groups of people who are at greater chances of developing the disease including
- Children who are between the ages of 1 to 10 years.
- People with a weak immune system like people who had cancer or organ transplant.
- People living in tropical climates.
- Patients suffering from eczema or atopic dermatitis are at greater risk.
How Molluscum Contagiosum Can Be Diagnosed?
- The appearance of the bumps is very significant in the patient with molluscum contagiosum.
- Skin biopsy can also help in the diagnosis.
- The Doctor may also examine the lesions.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Molluscum Contagiosum Provided By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is a Private limited company that provided herbal medicine in India and also in other parts of the world. All Herbal medicine is 100 percent pure and natural which is free from chemicals, preservatives, and additives. Each herbal remedy is made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor and they are also clinically tested as well. They are all free of side-effect as well as safe to use and here is the list of herbal medicines including
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Kaishore Guggul
- Manjishtha Capsules
- Immune Booster
- Dermo Plan Syrup
1. Gandhak Rasayan
It is made from the single herbs known as Shuddh Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) and is well known for skin problems. It is very effective in treating any kind of skin infection including bacterial or viral. It contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral as well as anti-microbial properties which make it best for patients with Molluscum contagiosum. Along with that, it is also very good for skin conditions like eczema, scabies, acne, atopic dermatitis, and many more.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice daily after meals with water.
2. Kaishore Guggul
It is one of the best herbal medicines for removing toxins from the blood and also making the skin more healthy. As it’s packed with herbs like Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Pippali (Piper longum), Danti (Baliospermum montanum), and many more. It is very effective in reducing ailments like itching, redness, or pain as well, along with that it helps in increasing the metabolism.
Dosage:- Two tablets after meals with water twice daily
3. Manjishtha Capsules
These capsules are packed with a single herb called Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and effective in allergies as well as skin ailments. This helps in purifying the blood and removing toxins as well. It is very effective in making the skin, hair, or nails nicely lustrous. It is rich in antioxidants which is very helpful in building the immunity stronger and getting rid of the viral infection of the skin.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with water after meals.
4. Immune Booster
As the name says it is effective in increasing the immunity of people of all ages including children or elders. It contains herbs like Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera), Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), and Cow colostrum (Bovine colostrums). One of the main causes of the molluscum contagiosum is low immunity and this herbal medicine will help in building it stronger.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. Dermo Plan Syrup
This syrup is packed with herbs called Chopchini (Smilax china), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis), etc. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which will remove the swelling of the lesions. This syrup is also very effective in clearing the skin tone as well.
Dosage:- 2 teaspoons twice daily after meals.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Molluscum Contagiosum is a condition that can affect confidence and it’s difficult to treat the disease. There is surgical treatment but there are chances that it may occur again but through herbal medicine, one can easily manage the disease. Above mentioned herbal remedies will help in removing the root cause of the disease and building immunity as well.