Skin is one of the organs which is constantly exposed to the external environment and is a common way where parasites can easily enter the body. The infestation of parasites can easily affect the skin resulting in lesions. Parasitic infections are increasing in dermatology due to the rising number of people traveling and immigrating. In Spite of all that clinical features on skin people ignore the signs and this leads to worsening the skin condition. One of these skin conditions caused by the infestation of parasites is Cutaneous Larva Migrans and in this article we are going to discuss this more in detail along with herbal treatment.
What are Cutaneous Larva Migrans?
It is the skin condition found in humans caused by larvae of the various parasites from the hookworm family. These parasites are commonly found in the intestines of animals like cats, dogs etc. This causes creeping eruptions due to its appearance on the skin and is also known colloquially. In the parts of the Southern USA it is also called sandworms because they are commonly found in the sandy soil. The term Cutaneous Larva Migrans means larvae wandering under the skin. They are commonly found in humid or tropical regions and it typically goes without noticed within 4 to 7 weeks but in some cases it might get worse.
What are the signs and symptoms?
Here are some of the common clinical features including
- Twisting Red Lesions:-This skin disease might start with an infection which looks like a red and itchy eruption which appears as a snake-like twisting lesion. The pattern is commonly caused due to movements of the lesions under the skin.
- Itching:- The itching causes pain as well as stinging sensation, and if scratched can also lead to other secondary bacterial infections.
- Swelling:- Inflammation of the lesion is very common.
- Lesions common on Feet as well as Back Side:- While Cutaneous Larva Migrans can occur anywhere in the body but commonly seen in the part exposed to sand like feet, hands or thighs.
- Normally Cutaneous larva migrans heal within one week or month without causing any harm. However, due to its severity it is important to get medical attention.
What are the causes for Cutaneous Larva Migrans?
- There are many other different types of hookworm larvae causing Cutaneous Larva Migrans. These parasites are found in dogs as well as cats and they live in their intestine which is spreaded in the environment through their feces.
- The infection is caused when the skin comes in direct contact with the larvae through the contaminated sand or soil. After coming into contact the larvae then burrow through the upper layer of skin.
- It is commonly seen in people who walk barefoot or who sit on ground without any barrier which increases the risk. It is also very common in regions like Central and South America, Africa, the Caribbean, the Southeastern United States, and Southeast Asia.
How can Cutaneous Larva Migrans be Diagnosed?
The doctor might ask for traveling history and along with that physical examination might show lesions measuring 2 to 3 mm.
Other tests include
- Fecal examination
- Blood test
- MRI or X-Ray
Treatment For Cutaneous Larva Migrans in Ayurveda
Planet is a Private Limited Company which not only provides herbal medicine in India but also other parts of the world. All the medicines are free from chemicals, preservatives and additives making it free from all kinds of side-effects. Each of them are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor and tested as well. They not only help in treating the disease but also removing the root cause of the disease. Here is the list of medicine including:-
- Kaishore Guggul
- Dermo Plan Syrup
- Manjishtha Capsules
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Septrin Tablets
1. Kaishore Guggul
It is made from the extract of herbs like Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) etc. It is one of the best herbal medicines for treating and maintaining the health of skin. It also helps in removing all kinds of parasites from the body and improving the health of the pancreas.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice daily with water after meals.
2. Dermo Plan Syrup
It is one of the best syrup for treating skin disorders made from herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Khadir (Areca catechu), Shobhanjan (Moringa oleifera) and many more. All the herbs together help in removing all kinds of skin infestation especially Cutaneous larva migrans. It is effective in purifying the blood and giving it a natural glow to skin.
Dosage:- Two teaspoons twice daily after meals.
3. Manjishtha Capsules
These capsules are filled with one single herb known as Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia). It is packed with anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties which helps in reducing all kinds of swelling. It naturally reduces all the rashes and also the levels of blood glucose. It is effective in maintaining the good health of skin both internally as well as externally.
Dosage:- Two capsules after meals twice daily with plain water.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
It is well known for enhancing the immunity of skin as it is made from one single herb called Gandhak Rasayan (Purified Sulfur). It is packed with antiviral, antimicrobial as well as antibacterial properties These tablets will help in getting rid of parasites from the skin naturally. It is effective in improving the complexion naturally.
Dosage:- One tablet twice daily after meals with water.
5. Septrin Tablets
These tablets are filled with herbs like Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Marich (Piper nigrum), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) etc. It is one of the effective tablets for improving immunity and also reducing inflammation from skin. It helps in killing bacterial infection and also symptoms like fever, pain or rash.
Dosage:- Two tablets after meals twice daily with water.
How can Cutaneous Larva Migrans be Prevented?
Here are some of the few steps that can help in preventing the disease and this includes:-
- Wearing shoes:- Many of the infections are caused due to walking barefoot so it’s important to wear shoes.
- Using barrier:- It is important to put a towel or any fabric while sitting down on sand as it might be contaminated.
- Consider clothing:- Thighs and buttocks are one of the common areas for infection so it’s important to cover the area.
- Avoiding contact with contaminated areas.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Our skin is one of the important organs and should be given first priority. It is important to maintain good skin health and this parasitic infection might make it bad. All the above mentioned herbal medicine will help in removing cutaneous larva migrans and improving the overall health of skin.