CIDP is a relapsing or chronic, progressive, sensorimotor disorder with proximal and distal involvement. A rare neurological disorder involving the inflammation of nerve roots and peripheral nerves along with the destruction of the myelin sheath.
- Also known as chronic relapsing neuropathy. Due to this defect, there is difficulty in nerve conduction thereby resulting in paralysis and weakness along with the decreased motor function of the limbs.
- The MADSAM Variant of CIDP accounts for 5-10% of the cases of CIDP. It is an atypical variant of CIDP.
- This variant of CIDP is also known as Lewis Sumner Syndrome.
- It is slowly progressing and also upper limbs are affected greater than the lower limbs.
- Proximal and distal weakness are also seen.
Gender Predilection:Greater in females.
Etiology: It is an acquired condition, not congenital. Its cause is not genetic however it may be caused due to the side-effect of anti TNF-alpha used for arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Patients have objective sensory abnormalities that differentiate it from the other types of CIDP’s.
- Initially, there is the involvement of single nerves that progress to confluent and symmetrical involvement.
- Cranial neuropathies like Trigeminal, oculomotor and facial palsies along with optic neuritis.
- Muscle stretch reflexes are decreased or absent which progress to areflexia in the later stage of the disease.
- CSP protein is also increased
- The decrease in conduction velocities and conduction blocks.
- Temporal dispersion
- Complete or partial conduction blocks which are common in the median and ulnar nerves.
MADSAM neuropathy has distinctive clinical features compared to the typical CIDP’s:
- MADSAM has asymmetric mononeuritis multiple which usually affects upper limbs with distal topography however the typical CIDS shows symmetrical involvement.
- Also according to electrophysiological findings:MADSAM Neuropathy invades the intermediate segment of nerves, the distal motor latency and most distal compound muscle action potential (Camp) are normal nearly, however, the intermediate segments show increased latency and conduction block.
- However in a typical CIDP, there is increased distal motor latency with conduction block by invading the nerve terminal and the spinal cord.
Diagnosing of this variant is done by imaging tests like MRI T2 STIR to view the brachial plexus.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF MADSAM BY PLANET AYURVEDA(العلاجات العشبية للسرطان)
Planet Ayurveda provides a vivid variety of natural herbal formulations for the treatment of MADSAM variant of CIDP. These formulations are 100% safe and free from any side effects. They are also deprived of any added preservatives making them natural herbal treatments for the disorder.
The following herbal ingredients are enlisted as under as a part of the treatment formulation for the treatment of MADSAM Variant of CIDP:
CIDP CARE PACK(علاج السرطان)
This herbal natural Ayurvedic formulation provides a wide variety of herbal supplements as a treatment remedy for the said disease. Its herbal benefits include:
- Maintenance of balance of all the three doshas of the body (Pitta, Vata and Kapha dosha)
- It also helps and supports healthy body movements.
- In addition to this, it aids in maintaining healthy joints and muscles.
The following herbs make up the ingredients of this herbal Ayurvedic pack and therefore aid in the eradication of harmful symptoms associated with MADSAM Variant of CIDP:
1. ASHWAGANDHA CAPSULES
This herbal formulation is taken from the extract of the herb ASHWAGANDHA (W. Somnifera).
- This herb helps as a nerve tonic and therefore boosts the functioning of the nervous system.
- It also provides bodily strength.
- It helps in decreasing the overall weakness of the body.
- Also aids in increasing the mental stamina.
- Restores muscle strength.
- Increases the quality of life.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after an hour of meals.
2. HAKAM CHURNA
This natural herbal formulation by Planet Ayurveda is a combination of the following ingredients namely: Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Chandershoor (Lepidium sativum), Methi (Trigonella foenum graecum) and Kalonji (Negilla sativa).
Benefits of this herb include the following:
- It provides healthy digestion.
- Supports overall body health.
- Strengthens nervous system.
- It provides relief from all pain and stiffness in the body.
- Decreases pain in the arms and legs associated with CIDP.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water half-hour after the meals.
3. Boswellia Curcumin
This effective Ayurvedic herbal formulation is made up of the following ingredients namely: Curcumin (Curcuma longa) and Shallaki (Boswellia serrata)
Benefits of this herb include the following as enlisted:
- Increases joint health
- Increases muscle health.
- It is exceptional anti-inflammatory properties therefore it helps in decreasing joint pain and muscle pain altogether.
- The herb Shallaki aids in increasing the overall immunity.
- The herb Curcumin has a Neuroprotective effect.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after half-hour of meals.
4. Guggul Capsule
This effective herbal formulation is made up of the herb Guggul (Resin).
Benefits of this Ayurvedic herb include the following as under:
- Increases joint health.
- Increases muscle health.
- It decreases the complete pain in the body.
- Decreases swelling, inflammation and stiffness in the complete body
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day daily after half-hour of meals with plain water.