October 21, 2016
Constipation – Ayurvedic Treatment, Home Remedies, Lifestyle Tips
It is very important that all body parts are working in a proper manner. Defect in any part can create physical and mental problems. Sometimes it is not serious, little precautions and natural remedies can manage the matter.
Body uses food elements for energy and other body functions, after that extra and unwanted material which is left has to be eliminated from the body. The problem in elimination of waste out of the body may occur sometimes. This problem can create many serious illness, if cannot be managed at proper time. The term is known as constipation.
Constipation is a digestive disorder in which a person faces difficulty in passing faeces or usually has dry stool. It is common problem, occurs in everyone’s life sometimes. In some people, it creates a lot problems. Constipation is normally due to unhealthy lifestyle.
Mechanism of Constipation
It is the difficult and irregular evacuation of the bowels. It arises in the large intestine that is responsible for elimination of stools. As it moves forward, it absorbs water while formation of stools. Here the muscle contraction push stools forward towards the rectum. Here it solidify because all the amount of water got absorb.
Various Types of Constipation
Many people experience constipation in many different ways, so it can
- Common Constipation
- Chronic Constipation
- Travel related Constipation
- Age dependent Constipation
It Can be Due to Certain Reasons. These Can be
1. Lack of fibers
People who take good amount of fiber rich food, there are very low chances to occur constipation. Low fiber food item comprises high fat foods like cheese, meat and eggs. But if u wants to eat high fat diet, you should also consume good fiber containing green leafy vegetables, fruits and grains.
These fibers can be of two types- soluble and insoluble.
Soluble fibers can be transformed as it pass through the digestive tract. It absorbs water and becomes gel like substances. Insoluble fibers pass as it is through the gut. It does not change or is soluble. These fibers enhance and promote the bowel movements which prevents constipation.
2. Physical inactivity
Physical inactivity means reduction in exercise or not even doing walking. It can cause constipation.
Other causes are:
- Some of the medications can also create problem of constipation. These drugs can be
- Iron supplements
- Calcium channel blocking drugs
- Aluminum-containing antacids
Many peoples often get constipation from milk and its products.
4. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
Persons suffered from IBS, are used to found suffered from constipation also.
Pregnancy is a condition in which various hormonal levels get up and down. This is one reason of constipation in pregnancy. Another is the uterus may compress the intestine, slowing down the passage of the food.
This can affect our digestive system as food, water and environment is different from one to another place. So the constipation can be there.
With not drinking enough water.
Due to some disorders like
Symptoms of Constipation Include
- Difficult bowel movements
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Abdominal swelling
Untreated constipation leads to certain severe problems like Piles, Anal fissures and bloody stools.
Constipation can be cured with healthy lifestyle and ayurvedic treatment
Ayurveda and Constipation
According to Ayurveda, constipation is due to aggravation of Vata dosha, but sometimes it can be due to aggravation of Pitta and Kapha.
To understand ayurvedic treatment, we have to know what this word Ayurveda concern with and how this form works.
The word ayur means life and word veda means science. So this means the science of life. It is an ancient form of treatment found in India many years ago. It not only works upon disease but also on total health and mind.
Ayurvedic Point of View to Eradicate Constipation
In Ayurveda, disorders are due to imbalance in physical energies. These physical energies in Ayurveda known as Doshas.
These are vata, pitta and kapha.
- Vata is concern with intelligence, creativity and spirituality and manage circulation system of the body.
- Pitta is related to metabolic system include digestion, ingestion of biomolecules and elimination of toxic substances.
- Kapha manages growth, immune system and weight
With Ayurvedic point of view of constipation, it is a disease caused mainly due to of vata dosha.
But other two doshas may also be responsible for constipation.
Constipation due to a high pitta dosha is accompanied by dry stools. It occurs in hot months.Constipation caused due to a high kaphadosha is accompanied by pains in passing out the feces. This problem can be cured by taking herbal formulations with changing lifestyle.
Various natural home remedies have to be followed in Ayurveda to cure the problem of constipation. These home remedies are helpful during taking herbal formulations.
- Mint and Ginger are good for good digestive system and constipation. It can be taken as tea.
- Should take Olive oil, nuts, and avocados, which can help lubricate your intestines and ease constipation.
- Lemon juice is very good for digestive tract. Regular use as with water or in tea can cure constipation.
- High fiber foods like resins has a laxative effect. Take 6-8 and soak in water, crush and strain them.
- Cherries and apricots are also rich in fiber and can help kick your constipation.
- Take a glassful of warm milk with a teaspoonful of ghee in it when going to bed.
- Eat apples during empty stomach to cure constipation.
- Avoid rice.
Herbal Formulations to Eradicate Constipation by Planet Ayurveda
There are various products by Planet Ayurveda that can be helpful in management of this problem.
1. YAKRIT PLIHANTAK CHURNA
It is an ancient herbal formulation, which is mixture of certain herbs that very well accepted by liver. It helps in great reduction of condition of metabolic problems.
- Herbs in this formulations are Bhumiamla
- Sharpunkha and Bhringraj
- These herbs are help to maintain
- Bile production
- Good metabolism
Dose-1 tsp twice daily with water.
2. TRIPHALA CAPSULES
Triphala alleviates both vata and pitta. There imbalance cause constipation These capsules contain herbs like Haritaki, Amalaki and Bibhitaki.
These herbs provides vitamins like vitamin c and also strengthen the intestines, hence improves digestive system. Bibhitaki clears kapha. It also acts as natural colon cleanser.
Dose-1 capsule twice daily with water.
3. KUMARI SAAR
Kumara saar is extraction of Aloe vera. It is famous household miracle plant. It balances all three doshas. Hence balances metabolic process in the body and cures constipation.
With these herbal remedies and ayurvedic treatment, a good healthy lifestyle is also important.
- Manage the habit of bowel evacuation early morning every day.
- Develop a regular eating habit.
- Chew the food properly before swallowing.
- Do some exercise on regular basis.
- Avoid smoking and alcoholism.
- Drink tea or coffee but avoid its strong version.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water regularly
- Eat high fiber diet.
- Try to have a tension free and relaxed mind.