Healthy Diet Tips for Diabetic Patients-Diabetes Herbal Cure
If you are diabetic, then you have to be very particular about your eating habits. Elevated blood sugar levels is the main cause of diabetes. Hence, controlling the blood sugar levels is the 1st step to cure diabetes. Here we are sharing Healthy Diet Tips for Diabetic Patients.
Why is it important for diabetic patients to choose their meal carefully?
Cut down on sugar is mandatory in diabetes. As there are various food items like potato, white rice, corn, frozen foods, mango, bananas, grapes which are rich in the sugar. So it is important for the diabetic patients to be very careful while taking their meals. As in the diabetes, diet plays a major role to heal this problem. Moreover there is famous quote “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” Hence Healthy diet tips for diabetic patients can help them a lot to manage their problem.
Lady finger (Okra):
- Lady finger is considered as the one most effective home remedy for diabetic patients. It possess a polyphenolic molecules which help to reduce the elevated blood glucose levels.
How to use:
- Cut ends of lady finger and prick them with a fork in several places. Soak them in the water for overnight. In the morning, strain and drink the water on an empty stomach. Repeat it on a daily basis for several weeks. Including the lady finger in your diet is also good.
- Being a rich source of vitamin C and fiber content, consuming guava is also an amazing diet tip for the diabetic patients. As it is very effective to maintain the healthy blood sugar levels.
- Note – It is advisable for the diabetics patients to not to eat the skin of the fruit so peel it first. Wherever too much consumption of guava in a day is not suggested.
METHI (Trigonella foenum gracecum)
- Methi is commonly called as fenugreek, an easily available item in our kitchen. Hypoglycemic properties of methi are very helpful to reduce the blood sugar levels. Moreover methi seeds are rich in fiber which promotes absorption of fats and sugars.
Directions to use:
- Soak the methi seeds in water for whole night. In the morning strain and drink water or may also chew the methi seeds.
- Consume the one- two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds powder along with water or milk two times in a day.
Bitter melon(Momordica charanita)
- Use of bitter melon is also very good for the diabetic patient as it contains the low calorie and fat contents. Two biochemical compounds named as charatin and momordicin present in the bitter melon are very effective to decrease the blood sugar levels.
Directions to use
- Make the fresh bitter melon juice and drink 30-40 ml of this juice two times in a day. For better results drinking the juice in morning on an empty stomach is very effective.
- Another option is to use Bitter melon as a dish or curry at least 2-3 times in a week.
Jamun (blackberry) also comes in the category of an effective home remedy for diabetic patients. Jamun seeds contain the glycoside which is very helpful to prevent the conversion of starch into sugar.
Directions to use
- Eat one teaspoonful powder of jamun seeds along with a glass of warm water daily.
- Alternatively you can consume 6 – 7 Jamuns in the morning daily.
Gharit kumari(Aloe Barbadensis)
- Aloe Vera has phytosterols which are loaded with anti- hyperglycemic properties. Hence it is good to maintain the healthy blood sugar levels.
Directions to use
- Mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel with one-half teaspoon of each i.e. Ground bay leaves and turmeric. Take it twice in a day for best results.
Leaves of tulsi are loaded with the essential oils and antioxidants which produce the bioactive compounds like methyl eugenol, eugenol and caryophyllene. These compounds help in the proper functioning of beta cells for further stimulation of insulin.
Directions to use
- Make the juice of Tulsi leaves and take 1-2 teaspoonful twice in day. Do until the symptoms of diabetes resolve.
- Chew the 4-5 fresh Tulsi leaves in the morning daily.
NEEM PATRA (Azardirachta indica)
Drinking 30-40 ml juice of fresh Neem leaves twice in a day is also very fruitful for the diabetes people. Another option is to chew 4-5 Neem leaves every day.
Many people are not aware of anti -diabetic properties of curry leaves. In various researches it has been found that curry leaves contain an ingredient which decrease the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetics.
How to use
- Chew 5-6 curry leaves daily.
- Alternatively you can take one teaspoon of powder of dried curry leaves once in a day.
Flax seeds (Alsi)
- Being a rich source of fibers flax seeds help in the absorption of sugar and carbohydrates from blood. Taking one tablespoon of flaxseed powder with a glass of warm water or milk twice in a day is good.
Lifestyle Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- Do the exercise regularly.
- Stress is also one of the major cause of higher the blood sugar levels in body. Doing the regular meditation, deep breathing exercises help to overcome the stress.
- Take small meals rather than large meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid heavy fat foods.