March 20, 2019
Everyone should know the Health Benefits of Amla Juice(Amla Saar)(Indian Gooseberry)
Amla which is also known as Indian gooseberry is power house of rich nutrients and vit. c. It contains many essential minerals and vitamins which are not only an integral part of our body’s health and well being, but also play a major role in preventing and managing some of the most common diseases which are widespread. It can be consumed in various ways like eaten raw, juiced, powdered, or can be made into an array of jams, pickles, dips or spreads. Amla is a great source of vitamin c which helps in boosting immunity, strengthen metabolism and prevents bacterial and viral infections.
According to Ayurveda
- According to Ayurveda Amla Saar ( amla juice) have the property of balancing the all the processes in the body and brings equilibrium in all three doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Vit. C which is present in the amla is a natural antioxidant, which protects you against the harmful effects of free radicals.
- It helps in slowing down the aging process. It is needed for collagen production hence keeping skin, hair healthy and improves the immunity.
- Amla saar strengthens the eyes, teeth and roots of the hair.
- Amla juice increases the blood (rakta) and shukra dhatu(semen).
- It is very effective in piitaj vyadhis like burning sensation in urine, acidity, leucorrhoea, piles etc.
Following are some of the uses of Amla juice
For Physical strength:
- Take Amla juice and add Ashwagandha churna(2gm) and sugar candy(mishri) to this. This will improve physical strength, vigour, and will also help in infertility. It improves Shukra dhatu in the body and increases the fertility.
Help in Diabetes:
- Taking amla saar by mixing with 2-4 gms of turmeric shows good results in diabetes. It also helps in controlling nocturnal emission, and in semen related issues.
- Amla saar taken with sugar candy(mishri) is very beneficial in leucorrhoea and in excessive bleeding during monthly periods in women.
- Mix honey, sugar candy and brown sugar (shakar) in 10-15 ml of amla saar and take this mixture in between the meal. It will provide strength to the body, helps in fighting infections,and increase the immunity within the body.
- Take half a cup of amla juice with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Take 50 ml juice of Amla and add 25 gms of honey or Shakaar(brown sugar) in it.
- Take this mixture in the morning and evening. It will maintain the healthy flow of urine, and will also remove constipation. It will also cure the premature ejaculation.
- Apply fresh juice of amla over the bleeding part. It will stop the bleeding.
Dhatuvardhak(Increase semen production and its quality):
- Take 2 teaspoons of amla rasa(juice) mixing with one teaspoon of pure cow ghee. Take this mixture three times a day for 7 days.
- Putting the juice of gooseberry(amla) in the eyes. Or juice of sahajan leaves and mixing it in 1/4th of 1 gm rock salt and apply it in the eyes. It will cure the initial cataract.
- Amla rasa helps in maintaining healthy eyesight. Also taking amla with green coriander leaves is beneficial in eye disorders.
- Take 10-20 ml juice of amla and add 2-3 gms of Piper longum powder and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Take it twice in a day. It is beneficial in hiccoughs.
- Mixing 3 gms of pipali powder and 5 gms of honey in 10ml amal juice gives relief from hiccoughs.
- Take 20 ml of amla juice and add one tea spoon of honey and 10 gm powder of white chandan (santalum album). It will stop the vomiting.
- Take amla rasa and add pippali (piper longum) powder and honey to it. It will be beneficial in vomiting.
For urine problems:
- Taking 20 ml juice of amla and adding 2 gms of turmeric powder and 10 gms of honey and drink this mixture two times a day. It will help in passing the urine and will help in its proper flow.
- Taking 20 ml of amla juice by adding cardamom powder to it will cure the Mutrakricchta i.e urine retention
Raktaatisara( bloody diarrhea)
- In bloody diarrhea take 10-20 ml of amla rasa by adding 10 gm honey and 5 gm ghee to it. Give it to the patient. After that make the patient to drink 100 ml goat milk thrice in a day.
- Taking amla juice and add black pepper powder to it will cure the rakta gulma.
For Mutra atisara (som roga)
- Make a mixture of one ripe banana, 10 ml amla juice, 5 gm honey, 250 ml of milk. Then give to the patient. It will cure mutraatisara.
For severe diarrhea
- Make a paste of 5-6 amla and apply it around the umbilical region and pour juice of ginger in umbilicus. With this, even severe to severe diarrhea can be cured.
For burning and itching in the vagina:
- Take 20 ml juice of Amla, add 10 gm honey and 5 gm sugar candy. This mixture provides relief from the burning sensation, and itching in the vagina.
Other Uses of Amla Juice
- By using the juice of amla mixed in water for bathing helps to overcome financial issues. But don’t use it on Saptami(7thday of the month), Navami(9th day of the month), Amavasya(new moon), Sunday, Surya grahan(solar eclipse), Chander grahan(lunar eclipse) स्कंद पुराण, वैष्णव खंड (Skand puran, Vaishnav khand)
- Washing the dead person’s bones with the juice of amla and stirring it in any river, provides moksha to that person.(स्कंद पुराण, वैष्णव खंड)
- So, there you go, it is a nature’s elixir packed to combat most of our daily health woes. Give it a try, you will be amazed and will stay healthy.