10 Natural Health Benefits of Giloy-Tinospora Cordifolia
What is health? A well-being state of the body in which all functions and systems are performed with an ease. A good health is a synonym of good lifestyle and food items. Nature have fruitful things like vegetables, fruits and herbs etc. that help us to keep healthy and prevent the illness. Fruits and vegetables are the vital segments of our life circle. We normally consume these in our diet but another most important magic of nature is there that we should keep on adding in our lifestyle and these are herbs. Herbs are that gift of nature, which just keep on raining its goodness to the mankind. Out of these herbs, one of the chief herb is Giloy with lots of benefits.
How much are you familiar with Giloy plant?
- It is known as climbing shrub famous with the names of amrita, guduchi and Tinospora cardifolia. The plant is with fleshy aerial roots, cordate and membranous leaves, greenish yellow flowers that blooms in summer and shiny red coloured pea shaped fruits. This plant is enriched with lots of phytochemicals like alkaloids, glycosides, steroids, sesquiterpenoid, aliphatic compound and many more that are reason for its fruitful properties like anti-diabetic, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant etc.
- So we can say Giloy is a great herb for mankind.As Giloy shows various useful properties, it helps to treat certain kinds of diseases and ailments. So here are
10 Natural Health benefits of Giloy (Guduchi)
Giloy in eye diseases
- Giloy phytochemicals helps to clarify the eyes and makes your eyes to see without use of your spectacles.
How to use Giloy in eye diseases
- In some parts of india, people apply Giloy to the eyes. For this take out 10 ml juice of Giloy and mix rock salt and honey in it. Apply this on your eyes. This remedy is helps to treat the problems of scleral itching, cataract and corneal disorders.
- Decoction of Giloy can be taken with triphala. Mix some honey and peepal powder in it. Consume this two times in a day. This tonic helps to improve the eyesight.
Giloy in fever
- It acts as antibacterial, antiviral and boosts the body immunity that helps to treat any kind of fever.
Use of Giloy in fever<
- Take 1-2 gm long pepper, honey and 20 ml juice of Giloy and drink every morning and evening.
- In case of high fever, take 40 gm Giloy, soak into half glass water for whole night. Strain the solution in the morning and consume 20 ml of this solution.
Giloy in tuberculosis
It is very helpful to manage tuberculosis. It can be taken as:
Make the decoction of herbs Giloy, asparagus, Malabar nut, dashmool, balamool, winter cherry and indian atis. Consume up to 60 ml two times a day.
Giloy in treating cancer
- The phytochemicals found in the Giloy plant such as berberine, palmarin, giloinin, giloin, tinosporol, tinosporin and more help to treat the problem of cancer.
- In ayurveda, it is considered that Giloy, aloe vera and wheatgrass help to treat blood cancer.
How it will be consumed?
- Take a long piece of Giloy, a cup of wheatgrass juice and 4 inch aloe leaf. Combine the juices of all herbs and consume regularly to manage the condition of cancer.
Giloy in urinary disorders
- It is famous for its diuretic, anti-periodic, alternative and febrifuge properties. These properties help to treat urinary infections.
How to consume?
- Take 30 ml decoction of Giloy and leadwort and drink every morning and evening.
- Consume 15-20 ml Giloy juice three times in a day.
- Make the herbal decoction of herbs Giloy, satpal, triphala and ghee. Consume in infection and fever.
Giloy for indigestion
- It is a great tonic that improves digestion.
How to take?
- Take Giloy stem and boil in water till its half volume, add 3 pinches of pippali in it. Consume 10-15 ml two times in a day. It is advisable to take before food and with honey.
- Another we can also take quarter teaspoon of Giloy with amla powder.A cup of buttermilk with Giloy powder is also beneficial.
Giloy in gout
- To treat and manage gout galoy can be taken as
- Boil stem of Giloy in water and filter. Consume 20 -30 ml this twice a day.
- Mix Giloy extract with castor oil and consume, a great remedy for gout.
- Giloy phytochemicals tend to show the properties of being anti-bacterial.
- Giloy in bacterial infections can be taken as:
- Make the decoction of Giloy stem with basil leaves and consume regularly.
- This is very helpful to treat swine-flu.
- In the problem of heavy bleeding Giloy proven a tonic.
It can be taken as
- Make juice of Giloy and consume it two times a day
- It consists of anti-aging and blood purifying properties that helps to keep skin smooth, wrinkle free and healthy.
Giloy can be taken as
- Mix some Giloy juice with amla and turmeric.