How to Prevent Hair Fall with Home Remedies?
Hairfall, also known as alopecia or baldness, refers to a loss of hair from part of the head or body. Typically at least the head is involved. The severity of hair loss can vary from a small area to the entire body. Hair fall in some people causes psychological distress. Everybody loses some hair every day. The American Academy of Dermatology said that 80 million American males and females have hereditary hair loss.
This condition occurs generally as a result of hormonal changes, heredity, medical conditions or as a side-effect of some medications. Hair loss due to hereditary reasons is the most common hair fall.
- Thyroid disease
- Scalp infection like ringworm
- Family history
While less hair is often the only sign of hair loss, some people develop symptoms and other signs. You may have hair loss along with:
- Burning or stinging before sudden hair loss– Some people who have alopecia areata experience this.
- Intense itching, burning, and tenderness where you have hair loss– If these occur, it’s possible that you have an infection.
- Scaly bald patches, often with sores or blisters that open and ooze pus– This often means you have a fungal infection on your scalp.
- Redness, swelling, and sores that may itch and leak pus– A condition called folliculitis decalvans can cause this.
- Scaly patches of psoriasis on your scalp– Most people who have psoriasis get it on their scalp at some time, and this can cause temporary hair loss.
1. Aloe vera
It is a very useful herbal remedy for hair fall. Its pulp is very useful for the growth of the hairs. Extract then pulp from leave and the stalk. Massage your hair with aloe vera pulp in a circular motion. After some time, rinse your hair with cold water. Use aloe vera pulp on washed hairs. For better results, massage your hair with pulp twice in a week.
It is rich in vitamin C and strengthens the hair follicles and prevents hair fall. We can use dried amla with coconut oil. Heat the oil and dried amla until the oil becomes black. Massage your hair with oil and after 30 minutes wash your hairs.
Eggs are loaded with many essential nutrients like protein, iron, zinc. These nutrients are very helpful in the growth of the hairs. Make a mask by using eggs and olive oil. Apply it on your hairs and scalp. After some time, wash your hair with shampoo.
4. Onion Juice
Onion is rich in sulfur which prevents the scalp infection and promotes hair growth. Extract the onion juice and apply it on hair by using a cotton ball. After 20 – 30 minutes, wash your hair.
5. Neem Leaves
Neem leaves have antibacterial and antifungal properties. It strengthens the hair follicles and prevents hair fall. Boil leaves in water for some time and washes your hair with that water.
6. Coconut Milk
It is rich in proteins, fat, and minerals like potassium and promotes hair growth and prevents hair fall. Grate coconut and squeeze milk from coconut. Apply this milk on your hairs and wash your hair after some time.
7. Fenugreek Seeds
It is very useful in preventing hair fall. Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind the seeds and make a paste. Apply paste on your hairs and scalp. After some time, rinse your hair with cold water. Use this paste twice a month.