How does Pitta Balance Works in Ulcerative Colitis Treatment?
What actually is Ulcerative Colitis? In fact, it is a chronic disease that occurs in the large intestine also known as the colon. The lining of the colon gets inflamed and gets scared by some open pores also called ulcers, which produces mucous & pus. This very combination of ulceration and inflammation can cause abdominal area uncomfortable and you feel the urge to visit the toilet more frequently.
When the immune system begins to working abnormally, it starts affecting the harmless particles that are needed by the body to function properly. It gets perplexed and starts killing these invaders so that they don’t create any infection in the body.
It gets confused and can’t differentiate between the good bacteria and bad bacteria and starts killing both. Its duty is to protect the body from harmful and toxic substances but it is unable to distinguish the body’s own healthy cells and the foreign substances which leads to various disorders and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) are one of them.
That’s when the bowel system begins irregular movements and causes inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). When such a situation gets created, the body transports the white blood cells to the lining of the intestines, where they get busy with producing chronic inflammation and ulcerations.
Mostly this disease begins in the rectal area, but with the passage of time, it might involve the whole of the large intestine. As this disease is concerned with the large intestine, the symptoms develop gradually rather than suddenly.
Ulcerative colitis is spreading its wings globally. It can happen to anyone at any age, but it peaks within the age group between 15 – 30 years and then again at the age of 50 – 70 years. Males & females are equally affected. Such a classical disease is called grahani in Ayurveda. The main symptoms of grahani are loose motions along with bleeding and mucous also coming with the stools and this thing gives a ghastly smell.
Grahani affects the Agni (the digestive fire) and makes Pitta dosha to get aggravated and also imbalances the Vata dosha. In such a situation the wastage gets accumulated and forms Ama, which begins coming out with stools and indigestion takes place. This often harms the rakta dhatu (blood tissue) and mamsa dhatu (muscle tissue). All these disturb the normal functioning of the intestines.
Its symptoms that surface gradually can be;
- Bloody diarrhea.
- Abdominal pain, often in the lower left section.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Low-grade fever.
- Rectal pain.
- Rectal bleeding.
- Skin lesions.
- Sounds from the abdomen.
- Rumbling sounds from the stomach.
- Mouth ulcers.
- Distended abdomen.
- Nasty body odor.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
There are many causes that are responsible for creating such an environment that gives birth to Ulcerative Colitis, such as:
- One of the main culprits that cause Ulcerative Colitis is chronic constipation and the use of drugs that empty your bowels. All these drugs have some kinds of side effects. Constipation is responsible for causing an accumulation of hard fecal matter which is never evacuated properly. The drugs to eradicate constipation are the ones that result in irritation. ‘Why cry over the spilled milk,’ now better be ready to face the consequences.
- Usually, Ulcerative Colitis results from poorly digested or undigested roughage, which belongs to the cereals (often low quality) and refined carbohydrates, which often causes bowel irritation and they begin functioning irregularly.
- There are some other causes of this disease such as an allergic sensitivity to some foods, consumption of antibiotics, an illness that restricts that flow of blood to the colon gets stretched for a long time and severe stress arises (which compromises the whole of the immune system).
- A gluten allergy can also cause Ulcerative Colitis.
Colitis, if ignored may manifest as a symptom for more serious diseases like cancer or TB.
According to Ayurveda
- According to Ayurveda the treatment should be focused on rekindling the Agni by pacifying the doshas involved in creating such a grim situation. It also reduces the Ama and this disease is thought to be cured only when the Agni remains stable without the use of any medicines.
- Such a disease can be detected by various different tests like stool test, blood test, colonoscopy,Sigmoidoscopy, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound etc. Once confirmed, Ayurveda has its own rules to eradicate it with natural treatments.
- It is popularly known as Pittaj Grahani as this disease gets created when Pitta dosha gets aggravated and creates an imbalance between the different doshas. Initially Vata dosha is also involved in some cases, but mostly it has links with Pitta dosha.
- The accumulation of Pitta aggravated foods and the current lifestyle lead to the creation of Ama that resides in the villi of the large intestine, creating a smooth coating on its walls that impairs the normal functioning and also disturbs the immunity of all intestines. Vata dosha which is present in the lower colon also gets disturbed and hinders the Pitta and Kapha channels, thus causing inflammation, mucous collection and edema.
Ayurvedic treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
- Ayurvedic treatment of Ulcerative Colitis generally involves gently eliminating the Ama, rekindling digestive fire and creating healthy bacteria in the gut. After the strength of the immune system of the body is restored, the treatment just focuses on the natural healing of the ulcers, which can be done by buying Pitta balance made by Planet Ayurveda.
How does Pitta Balance Works in Ulcerative Colitis Treatment?
- Pitta balance has a cool effect on your body because it is made from classical Ayurvedic calcium compounds. It halts the bleeding only after a few doses. It fulfills the dosage of calcium that the body lacks by getting the calcium extracted from pearls and corals.
- In Ayurveda world Mukta pishti is prepared after getting the authentic powder of pearls and then sprinkle this powder with rose water under moonlight and let it stay as it is for 30 nights continuously. It becomes so strong that it restores the balance which was disturbed by Pitta dosha.
- The inflammation is minimized, and the cure is inevitable.
- Other ingredients of Pitta Balance Capsules are: Praval Pishti (Coral Calcium), Akik Pishti (Agate Calcium), Jawar Mohra Pishti (An Ayurvedic Calcium Compound), Kamdudha Ras (An Ayurvedic Calcium Compound) and Tinospora cordifolia stem extract.
Herbal Remedies for ulcerative Colitis
- There are certain herbal remedies that can be found and used at home to pacify the colitis like Coconut water, Marigold flower (Genda), juice of Doob grass (Durva / Cynodon dactylon), Olive oil, Rose, Drumstick (Moringa), Pomegranate, fennel, and some Spices mixed powder with equal quantities of, green cardamom and nutmeg powder.
How to Take
- Have 1 teaspoon of this powder twice a day with filtered water.
- All the above-mentioned remedies are there to prevent and treat your Ulcerative Colitis, but before you proceed, seek the advice of an Ayurvedic expert. He/she can guide you in a better way.