October 22, 2016
HOW TO CURE IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME NATURALLY
A different range of things create havoc on our digestive system, Irritable Bowel Syndrome being one of them. Ayurvedic treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome can help to cure this disorder. Our gastrointestinal health can also be the starting point of many health problems. Gut is considered as our body’s second brain. A little disturbance in our GIT can affect our mood and memory also. If our gut is healthy then it boosts our immunity also. All ailments start from the gut.
Whatever you put inside your body shows on the outside. The 4 R’s of gastrointestinal health – Remove, Repair, Restore and Replace. We need to get rid or remove the harmful toxins from our body then we should repair the GIT by eating clean and then restore the right balance of bacteria and lastly replace the digestive enzymes to have a healthy digestion.
WHAT IS AN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a gastrointestinal sense ailment which has no structural reason behind it. It can also called Irritable Colon.It affects the Large Intestine. It hampers the process of digestion and even excretes the undigested food at times. It is basically a blend of tummy discomforts and troubled bowel patterns and disturbed vata and pitta. It is a chronic situation which takes a long time to get reversed. In Ayurveda IBS is known as Grahani Roga which occurs due to slow and sluggish digestive fire. This disorder can be cured in kids, treatment of middle aged people can be strenuous but it can’t be fixed in the elderly. There are a few Ayurvedic treatments for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
WHAT CAUSES IBS?
The intestinal walls have a rhythmic movement of deflating and inflating but during IBS these contractions may be powerful enough to cause bloating, diarrhea or poor contractions may cause sluggish food passage causing the stools to harden.
As it’s already mentioned above whatever you put inside your body shows on the outside. Food plays a huge role in this. Excessive consumption of dairy products, beans, aerated drinks, junk foods, alcohol help in causing this disorders. The symptoms don’t show up overnight, they are there in your body for years and not eating right aggravates them.
Women have more prone to suffer from this disorder and hormonal changes have adverse effects on the patient. During the menstrual periods, the symptoms of IBS are ridiculously bad.
SOME OTHER AILMENTS:
Gastroenteritis or bacterial overgrowth can trigger this disorder.
Stress plays a major role in worsening a lot of diseases. Family problems, exams, job or any other issues can escalate stress and provoke the Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
SYMPTOMS OF IBS:
- Pain in abdomen
- Escalated contractions after meals
TYPES OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME:
- Constipation – Predominant IBS – It occurs due to by vata imbalance. It causes dry skin, throat and mouth. It might cause anal fissures, sleeplessness and anxiety.
- Diarrhea – Predominant IBS – It occurs due to pitta imbalance. The patient might often be agitated, inflammation, nasty smelling excreta.
- Dysentery – Predominant IBS – It occurs due to Kapha imbalance. It causes nausea, drowsiness and mucus in bowels.
- Complex IBS – It is caused by the imbalance of all three Doshas. It shows symptoms of all three types mentioned above.
- Accrual IBS – It also occurs due to unevenness of all three doshas. The stool will be slimy, sticky, undigested food particles. The patient will suffer from constipation for a few days followed by loose motions for some days.
- Tympanitis predominant IBS (Ghatiyantra Grahani) – growling sounds can be heard from the patient’s abdomen and escalated bowels with undigested food material.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
- Planet Ayurveda offers 100% natural herbal formulatihome-remedies-for-irritable-bowel-syndromewel Syndrome.
It is an Ayurvedic formulation which is a blend of various herbs which have amazing effects on the digestive system. It is beneficial in getting rid of excess Kapha which is believed to be the root cause of anorexia and other digestive disorders.
It is mixture of different herbs which are explained below:
- Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula) – It is a natural laxative. It keeps the bowels regulated and is not habit forming. Haritaki also encourages the absorption of nutrients.
- Saunf (Fenniculum vulgare) – This herb helps in getting rid of indigestion, cancer, abdominal diseases.
- Bibhitaka (Fenniculum vulgare) – It rejuvenates the entire digestive system. It is also considered to be a mild laxative.
- Dhaniya (Coriandrum sativum) – It helps in the formation and release of digestive enzymes and juices that smoothens the bowel movements. It stimulates the appetite also.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – It enhances the digestive fire which provides a better and fast digestion. It subsides acidity and detoxifies the intestines.
- Jeera (Cuminum cyminum) – Cumin seeds are appetite stimulators so it improves digestion also.
It help in relieving digestive ailments.
- DOSAGE: 2 capsules two times a day after meals with water.
- Kutaja [Kurchi/ Conessi tree] is a well-known herb which is very beneficial in curing digestive disorders like IBS, diarrhea and constipation. It acts as a coolant, enhances the digestive power and purifies blood. This herb has amazing anthelminthic, anti-hyper lipidemic, diuretic, astringent properties.
- This formulation is useful to even the Doshas. It calms down the pitta and kapha which enhances the digestive fire and the main component in this herb is Kutja which fights against gastrointestinal disorders effectively.
DOSAGE: 2 tablets two times a day.
It helps in getting rid of diarrhea with causing constipation. It evens the Doshas and enhances the digestive fire. It also helps in detoxifying the intestines that are blocked due to sluggish and lethargic digestion.
This medicine is a blend of various herbs mentioned below.
- Guduci (Tinospora cordifolia) – It is a herb that pacifies all three Doshas and improves the whole immune system. It acts as a barrier against various diseases. It promotes digestive functions and regulates the digestive enzyme secretion. It is also a pain reliever.
- Ardraka (Zingiber officinale) – It is an amazing anti-inflammatory herb which also boosts immunity. It is very helpful in digestive disorders.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – It is carminative and digestive stimulant.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – It cures vomiting and improves the digestive fire. It heals the swelling in stomach caused by indigestion or accumulation of air. It pacifies vata.
- Shudh bhallatak (Semecarpus anacadium) – It is the one of the most fast acting herb in Ayurveda. It works in conditions like GIT problems, skin problems etc.
- Shudh vatsnabh (Aconium ferox) – This processed poison is used as a lifesaving chemical. It calms the vitiated Doshas, strengthens and enhances their potency.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) – It improves the immunity and helps to detoxify the body. It is a tridosha healer and is beneficial in curing diarrhea.
- Bhabhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) – It is anthelminthic in nature. The seeds are analgesic and cure edema also. It is mildly laxative and digestive in nature. It is one of the few herbs which are most effective for stomach disorders.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – It is beneficial in curing gastric disorders. It promotes longevity and physical strength.
DOSAGE – 2 tablets two times every day with water after meals.
Pitta balance is an Ayurvedic medicine by Planet Ayurveda which evens the pitta dosha in body and fights against various health ailments.
This medicine is a blend of various herbs mentioned below.
- Praval pisti (Coral calcium) – It is a rich source of calcium. It helps to even pitta dosha and treats various acute and chronic diseases.
- Akik pisti (Agate calcium) – It is useful in balancing vitiated vata and pitta Doshas. It also effectively acts against vata and pitta related disorders. It prevents gastric diseases also.
- Jawar mohar pisti (calcium compound) – It is beneficial in curing gastrointestinal disorders. And acts as a cardiac tonic.
- Kamdhudha rasa (calcium compound) – It pacifies pitta Dosha and also keeps the digestive system healthy, it also helps calm a person mentally.
- Mukta pisti (Pearl calcium) – It is very effective against pitta imbalance conditions like indigestion, acidity and dyspepsia.
- Giloy (Tinospora cardifola) – It enhances all three Doshas of body and is an immunity booster, hence it provides the total health package
DOSAGE – 1 capsule each in morning and evening with water after food