April 17, 2019
How useful is Giloy in Treating Various Diseases?
Giloy, (Tinospora cordifolia) the Ayurvedic root of immortality, is the queen of all herbs because of its qualities in healing so many diseases. It is thought to be the nectar of god Indra, that’s the reason why it is called ‘Amrita’ (pious liquid or nectar). It has a history that tells the story of this magical plant’s birth, it is believed during Samundra Manthan, when a pot full of Amrita, came out of the sea, the demons snatched it and ran away.
So while running a few drops of Amrita fell on earth which took the form of a climbing herb called Giloy. It is used in numerous drug formulations. It is a tonic that heals various diseases, basically it is anti-allergic, anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic and anti-malarial. It has proven to be an anti-oxidant in modern science.
What are Health Benefits of Giloy?
- It has lots of health benefits and helps in preventing and healing numerous diseases.
- It is able to restore your holistic wellbeing.
- It has immuno-modulatory effects that make the tension and anxiety wither away.
- It is quite helpful in Dengue, as it increases the number of platelets in the blood.
- Besides all these, it also has many secret benefits too.
Let’s discuss its benefits in detail;
- That’s the foremost and most significant job of Giloy, to encourage the immune system to produce more healthy antigens that are always ready to combat with any foreign invaders that harm the body after entering in it.
- It thus gives it more power to strongly snap the heels of these harmful rivals and not let any infection settle down in the body and create disease.
- It also protects the body’s health by throwing out the toxins and free radicals that linger on the walls of liver & kidneys, the 2 major organs that filter nutrients from wastage. It also combats with urinary tract infections.
- Giloy works as a tonic to solve digestive disorders and enhance digestion and takes care of irregular bowel movements.
How to Take
- Get ½ gram of Giloy powder and some powder of Amla, and have it regularly. It keeps all the disturbances in the digestive system at bay.
- Taking Giloy juice with buttermilk will also have positive effects in this case.
- This remedy is also beneficial for the patients of piles or it can be mixed with jaggery to heal constipation.
Treat gastro-intestinal disorders
- Giloy’s regular use has a bacteriostatic effect on all types of gastro-intestinal disorders. It helps in passing the gas out of your gut area, and thus avoid bloating.
Urinary tract infections
- Giloy extract is often used to heal all kind of urinary infection,especially it is too beneficial for people consuming alcohol on a regular basis.
How Giloy is Beneficial in Alcoholism
- Alcohol damages the liver and Giloy extract vitalizes the liver tissues, thus safe guarding the liver along with heart and kidneys.
- The Giloy intake also enhances the spontaneity reaction and enhances memory.
- Giloy along with another herb, piper nigum can improve cardio health.
- It helps in lifting the blockage in the arteries as well as in the heart, thus improve the cardiac function.
- It is also able to take care of cardiac conditions like angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, ischemic heart diseases and in some arrhythmias.
Giloy treats cancer:
- It activates the production of stem cells in massive numbers and thus enhances the production of white blood cells and bone marrow cells, enhancing the phagocytic activities.
- Giloy extract has also proved to reduce the chemo-toxicity, which is created by free radical forming chemicals.
- It can be taken orally with other herbal extracts to save from Cyclophosphamide.
- In fact, Giloy can be used as an adaptogenic herb as well. Thus it helps in lowering tension from your mind and erases anxiety and change your mood to be happy and full of enthusiasm.
- When combined with some other herbs like Amla etc.
- it withers away the toxins from your mind, enhances the memory power, keeps you cool and works as a superb health tonic that always keeps you cheerful.
- The viral menace is caused by mosquitoes that multiply in massive numbers during the monsoon and every year millions are infected by it.
- By the onset of winter it deteriorates the whole situation.
- Giloy comes as an Ayurvedic angel that can protect your body from this horrible devil.
- It reduces the ill effects of this devil that are inevitable on your body, it acts as an Ayurvedic root of immortality, has amazing healing strength.
- It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer and anti-pyretic properties.
- It is also safe for kids who attain the age of at least 5 years.
Helps in controlling Diabetes:
- Giloy extraction helps the diabetic patients and acts as an agent of hypoglycaemic, especially in type 2 diabetes.
- It enhances the production of insulin and improves the ability to burn glucose that is lying in excess.
- It also works wonderfully to reduce the high level of sugar present in the blood.
- It also lowers the high blood pressure, thus cure of diabetes becomes inevitable, especially the type 2.
Helpful in Arthritis:
- Giloy being an anti-inflammatory help in curing arthritis and its many symptoms.
- Its extract and decoction can be used to heal the management of rheumatoid arthritis, excess rate deposition and gouty arthritis.
- If your joints pain, take some of its powder and mix it in the milk and boil it.
- Take it off the flames and let it cool, but drink it when it is still warm.
- Ginger powder can be mixed with Giloy powder to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Other Benefits of Giloy
- Giloy powder can also be used to clean respiratory canals, treat chronic fever, asthma and it also enhances your vision.
- It is considered a super food in the Ayurvedic world as it prevents and treats so many diseases effectively.