Permanent Cure of Hypothyroidism With Ayurvedic medicine
Hypothyroidism is a disorder associated with inadequate production of thyroid hormones due to structural or functional impairment of the thyroid gland. It is called underactive thyroid disorder as it slows down body’s metabolism.
Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped endocrine gland located at the front of the neck and is responsible for producing thyroid hormone (T3 and T4) which regulates the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fats thus raising basal cell temperature. Thyroid secretes Thyroxin (T4) which stimulates the consumption of oxygen
Hypothyroidism leads to hormonal imbalance in women
- According to Ayurveda, Hypothyroidism is due to imbalance of the three doshas caused by climatic change or unhealthy diet . The root cause is vitiated Kapha and Pitta doshas.
Causes of Hypothyroidism :
- Hypothyroidism is often caused due iodine deficiency. It can be due to lack of TSH hormone produced by pituitary gland . It can be termed as genetic disorder or congenital defect.
- Hypothyroidism may be auto immune or may be due to side effects of surgery or radiation. Stress is another factor known to trigger hypothyroidism as physical and emotional stress inhibits the thyroid gland secretion due to reduction of thyrotrophin output.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain inspite of proper diet and exercise.
- Hair loss and brittle nails . Hair may be dry , thin and coarse.
- Numbness in fingers and hands . Puffy face and pale skin. Hoarseness of voice.
- Dryness due to decrease in blood circulation/flow to one’s skin.
- Pain and Inflammation in joints. Muscle cramps and stiffness
- Sensitivity to cold which is due to inadequacy of thyroid hormones as this hormone increases metabolism which generates heat in our body.
- Fatigue even when one wakes up in the morning along with absent mindedness or brain fog or crankiness. One may feel confused, irritated and depressed along with experiencing headaches.
- Painful periods and even pre-menopause symptoms can be visible.
- Heart disease due to increase in blood cholesterol levels. There is slowed heart rate.
- Vertigo and mood disturbances.
- Decreased immunity leading to recurrent infections .Constipation.
- In children , hypothyroidism may lead to delayed teething and slow growth and mental development.
Diagnoses of Hypothyroidism.
- Blood test and medical history of the patient are done to diagnose Hypothyroidism.
- Food to avoid include : cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, rapeseed, brussels sprouts , sweet potatoes , maize , lima beans, soya , mustard , spinach etc as they slow down the functioning of the thyroid.
- One needs to avoid water containing fluoride.
- One needs to quit smoking but increase exercise
Foods to Be Taken
- Coconut oil, ghee , flax oil and fish oil are good to use.
- Green vegetables especially one with bitter taste like red leaf lettuce, chicory are highy recommended.
- Lemons are advised to be taken to fight dry skin problem.
- Vitamin B is recommended.
- Herbal tea with lemon, turmeric and cinnamon can help improve blood circulation and relieve hypothyroid symptoms.
- Iodine rich diet needs to be taken like kelp, beetroot, radish, parsley ,potatoes, fish , oatmeal bananas etc.
- One may take spices like ginger and black pepper as they stimulate heart beat and gives better circulation.
- Exercise helps stimulate thyroid gland secretions and helps improve metabolism.
- Exercise not only improves circulation but also strengthen muscles and oxygenates blood.
- Best treatment for hypothyroidism is doing breathing exercises like pranayama (kapalbhati , bhastika and bhrameri ) . Pranayama detoxifies the body and helps in increasing oxygen supply in the blood. Yoga is recommended for hypothyroid patients as some yoga aasans ease the flow of energy throughout the body and improves blood circulation.
- Ayurveda aims at fixing the hypothyroidism disorder by balancing the three doshas (Vatta, Pitta and Kalpha) . This disorder is mainly associated with heavy kalpha dosha which can be balanced using herbal medicines . With Ayurveda, one has better healing chances from hypothyroidism
- Planet Ayurveda offers the most effective herbal remedies in the form of HYPOTHYROID CARE PACK to treat Hypothyroidism.
- This pack is a combination of 100% natural products that helps to restore the hormone imbalance. The packs aims at maintaining thyroid levels thereby overcoming symptoms like obesity , fatigue etc. The pack helps in reducing cholesterol , improving digestion and reducing depression.
This pack includes
Chanderprabha Vati tablets:
- This medicine is widely used in Ayurvedic practice to fight urinary tract related disorders. It treats constipation, indigestion, problems related to skin and abdominal pains. It is very useful in disturbed metabolism of kapha and vata dosha. It is beneficial in relieving symptoms associated with hypothyroidism without any negative impacts on health.
Dose – 2 tab twice daily after meal with water
- This formulation is a wonderful herbal supplement in the form of powder to relieve joint pains, muscle stiffness, skin dryness , weakness, memory impairment etc. This Churana balances the three doshas. It also restores normal digestion, helps with weight loss . The formulation has anti-inflammatory properties. Hakam Churan is made with simple ingredients like methi, kalongi, ajwain and chandershoor. This product is completely safe to use with no side effects.
Dose –1 tsp twice daily after meal with water
- Gugullipid or Guggul herb is best to lower bad cholesterol levels as well as high blood tri glyceride levels. The herb is known to have antioxidant properties and anti inflammatory properties. Guggul has the ability to stimulate the thyroid gland to increase its hormone production thus increase metabolism and eventually leading to weight loss.
Dose – 2 cap twice daily after meal with water
- These capsules are prepared from the herb called Gotu Kola or Centella Asiatica. The herb helps to improve thyroid functions . It is used to fight fatigue , depression ,anxiety and aids in improving memory and intelligence. It is useful in treating skin disorders and works great for nails and joint repair and growth.
Dose – 2 cap twice daily after meal with water