Raj Pravartani Vati – Compositions, Dosage, Some Dietary Change, Effects, Herbal Benefits
Raj pravartini vati is a tablet formulation prepared by Planet Ayurveda that is primarily used as the remedy for the treatment of Amenorrhea. Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation also referred to as the skipping of one or more menstrual periods, further amenorrhea is of two types – primary or secondary. Primary amenorrhea is referred to as absence of menstruation in someone that is said to be the absence of menses upto the age 15. Most common factors for primary amenorrhea are imbalance in hormonal level, and many other anatomical factors can also lead to amenorrhea. And if we talk about secondary amenorrhea that means absence of two or three missed periods in adult age or who has the history of normal menstrual cycle can lead to secondary amenorrhea. Its most liable cause is pregnancy or any other hormone related conditions like PCOD. This raj pravartini vati is very beneficial in both the cases of primary and secondary amenorrhea except if someone is pregnant. In this article we are going to discuss the indication and its action in disturbed menstrual cycles.
Raj Pravartini Vati is an Ayurvedic medication also called the Kasisadi vati which is used for primary or secondary health problems, it directly affects the female reproductive health system. This formulation helps to stimulate the ovulation or ovarian functions to induce proper menstruation, it also helps in the premature menopause like in some females they attain their menopause in the age of 40 years but they want to continue their menstruation as they are desiring for conception. It promotes menstrual bleeding because of its emmenagogue response. This formulation is very helpful in menstrual diseases like oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea. In Planet Ayurveda this is prepared by classical method and shows wonderful effects in associated diseases. This is 100% natural product, doesn’t give any side-effects or helpful in maintaining the hormonal levels. This preparation is free from harmful chemicals, steroidal compositions, filler, dyes, adulterants or any other harmful substitutes.
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
- Shudha Kaseesa (purified blue vitriol)
- Shuddha Tankan (Borax)
- Ramatha or hing (Asa foetida)
10 gm of each in the form of fine powder is used to prepare the formulation of Raj pravartani vati and is triturated with aloe vera juice. When thick paste is prepared then give it the shape of vati or tablet and then these tablets should be dried and ready to preserve.
125-250mg or 1-2 tablets once or twice a day, before or after meal, according to the patient’s condition.
- This formulation is usually given from the fourth week of menstrual cycle and given upto the onset of menstrual bleeding.
- This preparation should cease after 2-3 days of menstrual bleeding.
- This formulation can give efficacious results in the 3-6 months of use but in some chronic amenorrhea patients it can be given for up to 1 year.
- If you’re already using any allopathic medication for this ongoing condition then you must be careful about the adverse symptoms and if your practitioner is advising you for both at a time then it is best to take allopathic medicine first then after 1 hour gap take Ayurvedic medication. And for homoeopathic medicine, this product doesn’t give any adverse side-effects.
- It is beneficial to avoid this formulation in pregnancy.
SOME DIETARY CHANGES WITH RAJ PRAVARTANI GIVES YOU WONDERFUL EFFECTS
- Horsegram – advise to take 1 tsp of horsegram everyday.
- On an empty stomach, take 1 tsp of sesame seed powder along with jaggery.
- Patients can also have papaya fruit once a day that gives wonderful results in the amenorrhea.
- Aloe vera juice can also be taken on a daily basis.
- This medicinal preparation is used in amenorrhea conditions that pacify Kapha dosha, Vata dosha, but it may increase the Pitta dosha.
- This formulation is enriched with emmenagogue, uterine detoxifier, carminative, mild laxative, and hematinic medicinal properties.
- This is widely used in Amenorrhea because it induces menstrual bleeding and helps to keep it regular, its emmanagogue property helps to treat the absence or scanty menstrual bleeding. For having great results it should be given with Kumaryasav. In a regular protocol this medication should be given before the 10 days of menstruation bleeding occurs and then cease upto for 10 days and then again it should be started after 10 days. This procedure should be repeated for 3 to 6 months to have a normal flow in menses.
- In dysmenorrhea, the Vata and kapha doshas are involved, in this case obstruction of menstrual flow or scanty bleeding, it has anti- spasmodic properties which helps to reduce the pain and normalise the bleeding. If the patient has a pitta condition like burning sensation with heavy flow, then Sutshekhar ras with Praval pishti is also very beneficial.
- If you use it with a higher dose then it may show you some symptoms like Heavy menstruation, pittaja conditions like burning sensation, tenderness in abdomen, heartburn etc.
- Usually there are many changes that occur in early stages of menses. At that time this medicine was not ideal to manage the condition. If menstrual bleeding has not occurred up to the 15 years of age or it may be suspected with PCOS symptoms then it may be given to regularise the menstrual bleeding.
MEDICINAL COMBINATION TO ENHANCE THE RESULTS
- This medicine will provide more benefits if given with other combinations like kulathadi kahayam or kumaryasava in very less flow or delayed periods .
- In female infertility this can be combined with chandraprabha vati that will help by increasing its potency.
- In decreased flow, dysmenorrhea, imbalance in hormones or in PCOS conditions this can be taken with Sukumaram kashayam etc.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
Ayurveda gives various formulations that help the patient to get rid of various conditions, Raj pravartani vati can manage various female health disorders according to the Ayurvedic fundamentals. Principles of Ayurveda consider the imbalance of doshas are the main causative factor behind many diseases, by maintaining all the doshas will help us to control all the diseases of the body. As we already know treatment of Ayurveda starts from working on the root cause and that is very beneficial in eliminating the diseases, so in short we can say that Raj pravartani vati can be used as per our body’s mechanism and doshas to improve the quality of life effectively.