Superfoods to Make Your Skin Glow This Winter
Most of the people like the winter season but some don’t like it because it brings uncomfortable dryness to the skin of the face, hands, and feet. In some cases, the skin gets so much dry which causes cracking and flaking of skin. The chilly dry wind, low temperature make your skin texture dry, and cracks on your lips.
What lifestyle you have to follow for glowing skin?
- Along with proper skin care routine, you should opt for a healthy lifestyle. This will helps to maintain your proper glow throughout the winter season.
- A healthy diet helps you to protect your skin from UV sun damage, skin irritation, dryness, wrinkles, and aging.
What are the disease that cause dullness of skin?
- Winter has its own charm but have you ever realized that it could wreak on your skin. The cold air absorbs the natural content of oil from your skin and makes it dry.
- Sometimes it causes severe problems such as eczema and psoriasis.So you should be very careful with your skin during winter.
What are the superfoods that make your skin glowing in winters?
- There are numbers of superfoods which internally helps you to maintain the skin moisturizer content.
- Carrot is a very good source of beta-carotene which is skin friendly nutrient which converted into vitamin A inside the body. Along with vitamin, Carrot is also loaded with vitamin C.
- Carrot has an antioxidant property which protects your skin from oxidative damage caused by free radical. Lycopene present in carrot protects your skin against UV damage.
How to Use
- If you add fresh juice of carrot in your daily diet than it’s a great way to keep your skin hydrated and protect it from dryness.
- To make this drink cut some carrot in small pieces and put them in juicer along with some mint leaves.
- After that drain it and add some lemon juice to it for better taste.
- You can make a moisturizing carrot face-mask which helps to soothe your skin externally.
- Almonds are another healthier superfood for your skin. It is packed with healthy fats, proteins, fibers, minerals such as manganese, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and vitamins such as vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin E.
- Vitamin E in carrot can do wonders for your skin because it helps to nourish and protect your skin from UV damage. It also contains an anti-aging property which prevents your skin from wrinkles and fine lines.
How to Use
- You can either eat them or use almond oil to do massage before bath. This will provide you with glowing and radiant complexion. You can also use almond as a scrub.
- For this soak handful of almond overnight and next day peel them, grind thoroughly and add some milk and yogurt to form a facial scrub. Use this scrub 2-3 time in a week.
3. Olive oil:
- As we well known that olive oil has been used for many years to moisturize your skin and provide a soothing effect. It has very good anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, which hydrate your skin during winters and protect your skin from autoimmune free radical damage.
- Being rich in vitamin A and E it also contains several minerals and fatty acids which are good for your healthy skin.
How to Use
- To get proper benefits of olive oil take some drops of oil on your hand and massage gently on your body, over your face. Rest it for some time and after that take a warm bath. You can also use this oil in cooking and salad dressing.
- Avocado is high in nutrient value because it contains a high content of vitamin A, C, and E along with monounsaturated fats. Along with these vitamins, avocado also contains folic acid, magnesium, and potassium which provides very good health benefits.
- This fruit locks the skin moisture content and helps to make your skin moist during winters. So you should add this fruit in your diet daily.
How to Use
- You can also make a hydrating face-mask by crushing and mashing it properly in the mixer. Add some drops of olive oil and honey to it.
- Mix it well and make a fine paste with good consistency so that you can apply it on your face easily. Rest it for 15-20 minutes and after that rinse it off with warm water. Avocado oil is also good for dry skin during winters.
- Due to its antioxidant property firstly it protects your skin from free radical damage and secondly vitamin C in grapefruit protect your skin from dryness. One of important mineral such as potassium in grapefruit prevents the skin from wrinkles, fine lines, and harmful UV sun rays. Grapefruit is a good source of phytochemical naringin which reduces the toxicity of the liver and ultimately makes your skin healthier.
How to Use
- So add fresh juice of grapefruits in your diet. You can also prepare the face-mask of grapefruits by adding ½ cup of oatmeal, and one tablespoon of honey to it.
- Apply it on your skin for 10-20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Broccoli is included in one of healthier vegetable for our skin. It is a great source of vitamin A, C, and some natural estrogen’s. All these nutrients show some very good effect on your skin.
- Vitamin C in Broccoli act as a stimulant for the production of collagen which keeps your skin healthy.
- Vitamin B in broccoli prevents dryness, itchiness and flaky patches on your skin. Due to all these benefits, you should add this vegetable to your daily routine.
- It is a very good source of vitamin A, C, E, fibers, and proteins, minerals such as iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Spinach contains antioxidants which protect skin from toxins and fight against various skin disorders.
How to Use
- You can add spinach juice in your daily routine for the healthy glowing skin. Eating spinach will helps you to clean your skin internally.