Health is a big large word. It relates not only to the body but also with mind and whole outlook of the person. Whenever health goes down, strength goes down, wisdom hides itself, and wealth turns to nothing.Today’s lifestyle, eating habits and environment status puts great effect on health. One of the issue in present era, is the issue of Asthma. If a person gets a feeling of short breaths, whisper sounds in chest during breath, person may suffer from asthma problem. It cannot be eradicated by whole from the body but can be managed up to certain extent. With the use of inhaler and medication, asthma herbal remedies are also there for people suffering from asthma. These remedies provokes considerable effect on asthma status.
WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT ASTHMA?
- Asthma is a state of disease in which lungs airways get affected. These transport and carry air from the lungs.
- In the condition of asthma, the walls of the airways get narrower, mucous can build in the airways and there can be swelling also.
- Asthma can be due to allergy, environmental factors or due to some kind of disease. These factors are
- Harmful Chemical, allergens, vapor, dust and gases in the air.
Respiratory infections like cold due to viruses.
- Tobacco and smoking.
- Other airborne particles like chalk dust, coal dust or talcum powder.
- Due to medicines like beta-blockers, aspirin ibuprofen and neproxan.
- Food additives, preservatives and sulfites in food items like beverages, processed food and beer etc.
- Strong household cleaning spray,and paint smells.
- Due to heavy emotional outcomes such as anger, frustration, crying, laugh and fear.
- Exercise can be one of the reasons.
- A severe disorder- gastro esophageal reflux disease, in which stomach acid throws back to the throat.
- Asthma patient may show symptoms like short breaths, tight chest, cough and excessive mucus. Some other conditions relate with asthma disease are sinusitis, runny nose, eczema, nasal polyps and gastro esophagus reflux diseases.
- Asthma can be discovered through tests known as spirometry, peak flow, imaging like chest X ray and CT scan, and sputum eosinophil.
Herbs has various phytochemicals which have tendency to manage the symptoms and state of asthma. There are number of healthy useful herbs can use as asthma herbal remedies.
Asthma herbal remedies
- Tulsi is a plant with huge medicinal chemicals. Tulsi is a Sanskrit word which means matchless one. It is used in many medicinal systems such as Ayurvedic, Unani, Greek and Roman. It is known to contain various significant phytochemicals such as eugenol, phenolic compounds, monoterpenes, vitamins like A and C, minerals such as copper, chromium, zinc, iron, nickel, calcium, phosphorus and insoluble oxalates.
- The leaves of tulsi can be used as ayurvedic medicine for asthma. It helps to fight against viral and bacterial respiratory infection. It shows effect in mobilizing the mucous in lungs and helps to cure congested chest and asthma.
How to take?
- Take 15 to 20 leaves of tulsi and wash them.
- Boil these leaves in half liter of water. Boil till it remains half of its amount.
- Drink this liquor three to four times on daily basis.
- Vasaka is also known as Malabar nut tree. This is known to contain phytochemicals such as vitamin C, alkaloids such as vasicine and vasicinone, carotene and more. Alkaloids are bronchodilator in action, so helps to improves good airflow in the airways of lungs up to certain extent.
- This proven to be one of the best ayurvedic medicine for asthma as it liquefies the thick sputum, gives relief in breathing and reduces wheeziness in the chest.
Method to take
- The leaves of the vasa get dried and smoked.
- Another remedy is the leaves juice up to 5 ml can be taken with honey and ginger juice. This can made by taking up to 5 ml honey and 2.5 ml ginger juice.
- Anantmool is famous with the names of Indian sarsaparilla and shvet sariva. It consisits of chemicals like alkaloids, coumarin, starch, tannic acids and more. These compounds are helpful to treat respiratory problems specially asthma. This is a great asthma remedy.
Anantmool can be taken as
- Mix the powder of anantmool roots up to 2 grams and vasaka leaves powder up to 2 grams.
- Keep this mixture and take twice a day with milk.
- It is very famous kitchen ingredient in India. It is famous with the name of turmeric and haldi. It consists of group of compound known as curcuminoids, proteins, resins and more.
- This is one of another best ayurvedic medicine for asthma. Its chemicals helps to reduce hypersensitivity and bronchial congestion. It also enhances the antibody number.
This can be taken as
- Mix haldi with one teaspoon of honey and take this mixture on daily basis. It is very helpful in bronchial congestion.
- It is also another great plant found in India. Mostly all parts of neem used for medicinal purpose. It is known to contain active chemicals like terpenoids, fatty acids like linoleic acid, oleic acid and more.
- It is great herbal remedy for asthma as it provides relief in short breathings, chest congestion, cough and wheezing.
It can be taken as
- Dry the neem leaves. Make the powder of neem leaves. Take about half teaspoon twice a day.
Planet Ayurveda has herbal formulation for asthma
- In these formulation, blend of herbs are present.
- This is mixture of three products provides to give relief from asthma and its symptoms
- It consists pure extract of tulsi plant.
PRAAN RAKSHAK CHURNA –This churna contain mixture of herbs such as
- Anantamool (Tylphora asthmatica)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Madhuyashti (Glycirrhiza glabra)
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica)
Shirish (Albezzia lebbeck)
- This product known to treat several kinds of allergies and problem of asthma.These contain herbs like
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum)
- Shirish (Albizzia lebbeck)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
With these ayurvedic remedies and ayurvedic medicine of asthma, healthy changes in lifestyle should also be made.
- Add yoga in your routine and do exercise to improve breathing and releasing stress.
- If you have any kind of allergy avoid that totally.
- There should be supplements like omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in your diet.