Acidity or acid reflux is majorly an esophageal problem. Excessive production of gastric juice leads to Acidity. In most people, Acidity may cause serious complications. To lower the chances of serious complications, it’s important to be aware and take preventive steps. So let us look at what is acidity and some of the parameters to prevent acidity.
What is Acidity?
It is a common condition also termed as acid reflux or Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD). It causes a burning sensation and Chest Pain. It happens when stomach acid (Hydrochloric Acid and pepsin) is released in excess in our stomach. This increased level of Stomach acid irritates the lining of esophagus and cause acidity, which in turn makes it dysfunctional. This roots an acidic stomach.
Stomach naturally produces this acid in the gastric glands of stomach. The hydrochloric acid, is a strong acid that helps in breaking down the food and protects against different microbes.
Types of Acidity
The most Common types of Acidity are:-
Heartburn reflux-It is a condition where stomach acid is forced back into the food pipe. This creates burning in the lower chest.
Throat burn reflux- The Strong Gastric Acid produces a burning sensation in the back of your throat and can also give you a bitter taste in your throat.
It affects the health by causing a lump sensation in the throat or chronic cough.
Sign and Symptoms
Acidity is one of the most common problems that most individuals face. Acidity symptoms differ from person to person. The lining of stomach is designed well to withstand a acidic environment. But the food pipe can’t tolerate too much acidic conditions for long time which leads to the occurrence of burning sensation in the chest. Some of the symptoms which can be felt as a result of acidity can be:-
- As mentioned above, Acidity can cause an uncomfortable burning feeling in your chest, which can radiate
up toward your throat. This feeling is often known as heartburn.
- Difficulty swallowing or the sensation of food being stuck in your throat.
- Gas and abdominal discomfort which leads to abdominal swelling which is called as Bloating.
- Indigestion that leads to pain and burning in upper part of stomach called as Dyspepsia.
- If you have acidity, you might develop a sour or bitter taste at the back of your mouth. It might also
cause you to vomit food or liquid.
- Acidity may leads to Constipation.
- Wheezing, dry cough, hoarseness, or chronic sore throat- These conditions occur when Hydrochloric acid from
the stomach backs up into the food pipe- the pipe that carries food from the mouth to the stomach.
- Acid reflux causes pain in lower chest, Bad breath.
- Indigestion and frequent hiccups or restlessness are also signs of Acid Reflux.
Causes of Acidity-
Acidity is mainly related to only two main concern first is food and other is our lifestyle. Sometimes it also depends on the family background. Acidity is caused due to excess production of acid in the stomach by the gastric glands. Factors that cause acidity include:
• Bad eating habits- Overeating, consumption of too much spicy food, eating too much before sleeping, eating food at odd times or skipping meals, high intake of salt or frequent consumption of alcohol are some of the eating habits that should not be neglected. Consumption of too much non-vegetarian food or packed food, smoking, consuming chocolate and caffeine also leads to Acidity Reflux.
• Stress and lack of physical exercise- Daily Life routine affect the health of people. Excessive Stress, Lack of sleep may cause Acidity.
• Side-effects of medications: Medication includes anti-inflammatory drugs, Antibiotics, Blood Pressure Medicines, calcium-channel blockers, pain-killer, sedatives, and antidepressants, Depression and Anxiety medicines can also cause Acidity.
An unhealthy lifestyle can drastically affect and increase the risk of getting an acidity attack. Acidity is common Medical Problem for people who suffers from diabetes, Asthma, Connective tissue disorder.
Who are more prone to Acid Reflux?
As we have discussed above Acidity can be People who are obese, pregnant women, or women who are nearing menopause are more prone to acidity.
Complications in Acidity can be serious and may include the following:
• Scarring- Acidity or Acid reflux cause scarring over time as the tissue in the Food pipe tries to heal itself.
• Ulcers- Ulcers typically cause pain or a burning sensation in the center of the chest. Ulcers can also be caused by certain types of gastric surgery or foreign bodies.
• Precancerous changes known as Barrett’s esophagus- It is a serious complication where repeated exposure to stomach acid causes changes in the cells and tissues lining the esophagus with potential to develop into cancer cells. Frequent heartburn and chest pain are symptoms of Barrett’s Esophagus.
• Tooth Decay- Frequent acidity can cause a gradual wearing away of the enamel on your teeth.
Barrett’s esophagus and Esophagitis both are accessory with a higher risk of cancer.
Surpassing an acidity condition untreated for a long time can lead to innumerable Complication which can damage internal organs. Thus it is necessary to get treatment on time for not making the situation severe. Lookout for medical help if you are experiencing a heartburn or chest pain accompanied by chronic sore throat. Various Diagnosis techniques may include:
- X-Ray imaging
- Esophageal manometry
Herbal Treatment for Acidity:-
Planet Ayurveda serves best effective herbal remedies articulating pack by the name of Acidity Care Pack for Ayurvedic Treatment of Acidity. These herbal Remedies contain best quality herbs and strictly follows the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal Remedies of planet Ayurveda are 100% pure, natural and vegetarian. All medicines are free from chemicals, additives, starch, color and yeast. These are safe to use at any age. These herbal remedies are free from any
Acidity care Pack includes:
- Amalaki Rasayan
- Digestion Support
- Heart Burn Capsules
1. Amalaki Rasayan–It consists of pure extract of Amla (Emblica officinalis), after a process to yield best results. It is one of the richest source of Vitamin C. Amalaki Rasayana acts as an anti-oxidant which helps to maintain the balance of pitta dosha in the body. It is best herbal remedy for heart burn and even chronic acidity.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules daily, with water, after meal.
2. Digestion Support-It is a purely an herbal formulation without any chemicals added in it. It is a perfect blend of unique and effective herbs, which work best in improving entire digestive system.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules daily, with water, after meal.
3. Heart Burn Capsules-It is a combination for stubborn acidity and GERD. Presence of compound like pearl and corals provide cooling effects which directly helps in reducing Heartburn. It helps in building strong immune-system. These capsules act as an anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory and excellent blood purifier.
Dosage: 1 capsules daily, with water, after meal.
Acid reflux or Acidity is a problem that most of the people face, some on a day to day basis. So, it’s always recommended to follow these herbal remedies and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Individual who are underweight are at risk of poor health. Too little weight can contribute to a weakened immune system, fragile bones and feeling tired.
A person is considered to be underweight in case their body weight is 10-20% less than the average expected for one’s height, age and sex. If the body weight is less by 20 % or more than ideal body weight, the individual is utterly underweight and is an issue of high concern.
People who are underweight typically are not getting sufficient calories to fuel their bodies and also suffering from malnutrition, because of unavailability of enough vitamins and minerals from their food.
What are the causes of being underweight?
Insufficient food intake both in quantity and quality is a very common cause for being underweight and other being psychological and physiological reasons.
- Psychological factors like mental illness or Depression.
- Anorexia nervosa where a person refuses to eat adequately.
- Irregular eating habits.
- More physical activity compared to increased food intake
- Vomiting and diarrhea leading to mal-absorption
- Conditions like fever in which appetite is poor
- Hormonal imbalance as in hypo or hyperthyroidism causing underweight
Ayurvedic View in Weight Gain
According to Ayurveda View, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible factor for underweight condition.
Health issues linked to underweight
- Hampered growth and development.
- Fragile bones because of vitamin D deficiency and calcium along with low body weight can result in weak bones and osteoporosis.
- Weak Immune system.
- Anemic conditions may develop.
- Low body weight in women may resultin irregular periods, lack of periods and infertility.
- Hair loss, dry, thin skin and teeth health issues may also result.
Herbal Treatment for Weight Gain
WEIGHT GAIN FORMULA
An effective herbal formulation for people with underweight problem. This Herbal formulation is natural way to gain weight without any side effects. This weight gain capsules help to increase weight by regulating the metabolism of the body along with that it improves endurance, stamina and increases weight.
This herbal remedy for underweight shows the good results in the people. This product is prepared with use of differentsuitable herbs that work in combination to provide strength to body, improve the muscle tone, muscle weight and size and convert extra fats into muscles and this way help in weight gain.
Various Herbs Used in the Formulation of Weight Gain Formula
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera):- Ashwagandha is rejuvenative in nature that maintains appropriate nourishment of the tissues, predominantly of muscle and bone.This herb is a way to gain weight naturally because of its property to strengthen the nervous system as stress is also the cause of thinness. Ashwagandha is an herb that is effective torevitalize body tissues and decreases body fatigue and increases muscular endurance, thereby enhances body’s ability to maintain physical as well as mental stamina.
2. Haritaki (Terminalia chebula):– Haritaki is effective in balancing the vata dosha the foremost cause of underweight according to Ayurveda. Haritaki is quite effective to improve the digestive fire and this way supportive in absorption of nutrients in the body. It has properties to recover the digestion and enhances appetite and therefore resulting in a healthy body and muscle mass. It even upgradesbody energy and immunity.
3. Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica):- Bhibhitaki is very nutritious herb that is enriched with essential vitamins like Vitamin C, minerals like selenium, manganese, potassium, iron and copper, and protein which is beneficial in weight gain. It also cures loss of appetite and improves immunity.
4. Amalaki (Emblica officinalis):- Amalaki is nutritional herb which is a part of Weight Gain Formula, holds rejuvenating and anti-oxidant properties and also rich in Vitamin C, which provides proper nutrient to the body and helps in weight gain. It is efficient in boosting immunity and metabolism. Its complete action on body brings gain in weight in healthy way.
5. Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare):- Saunf is efficient herb for various problems like loss of appetite, abdominal pain, and worms in abdomen and eating disorder (anorexia) which are linked to underweight condition. It improves theses conditions and bring about increase in body weight.
6. Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum):- Jeerak is an herb having useful properties like it helps to boost up the immunity,improves digestion and help in enhancing appetite which further results in weight gain.
7. Vidanga (Embelia ribes):- Vidanga is rejuvenating herb that helps to maintain good health and provides energy to body.
8. Pippali (Piper longum):- Pippali is very beneficial in keeping the digestion and metabolism healthy as well. It helps in transportation of nutrients and removes wastes from body. It has property to enhance immunity of the body. It also improves the appetite by increasing basic metabolic rate (BMR), thereby helps in weight gain.
DOSE: – 1 capsule, two times in a day with plain water after meals.