Going natural is the best way to have a healthy life as no shortcut is there which can help you get that natural glow. Beetroot is an amazing and coolest thing given to us by nature. It is the taproot portion of the plant (beet). This article is all about beetroot and its numerous health benefits. It is used to eat as a vegetable, salad, for medicinal purpose and also as a natural colorant. This sweet root vegetable is not only a simple vegetable but is a storehouse for amazing nutrients that may help you to get a healthy life. It is recommended to drink its juice or have it as a salad, better than cooking it, As during cooking some nutrients that beetroot contains might get lost and also juice is easier to digest.
Let’s explore the different health benefits of this sour and earthy taste vegetable.
Health Benefits of Eating Beetroot
1. Lowers the blood pressure-
- Drinking beetroot juice daily helps to lower the blood pressure as it contains nitrates compounds which get converted into nitric acid when reaches in the body and helps to relax and broaden the blood vessels.
2.Help to Treat Anemia
- Chukandar, as it is known in Hindi, has been used since ages to treat anemia by Indian people. This quality of beetroot is due to its high content of folate and as everybody knows it is necessary for the production of red blood cells in the bone marrow. Hence, helps to treat anemia.
These are the early symptoms-Increase in heartbeat, dryness in the body, decreased sweating, and lethargy in the body. With the use of Chukandar, it can be treated naturally.
3.Prevent Heart Diseases
- As said above, beetroot is rich in nitrates which helps to lower the blood pressure. Hence, ultimately decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Impaired oxygen delivery to skeletal muscles results in decreased movements of arms and legs, less physical activity resulting in obesity and heart diseases. While Chukandar helps to improve oxygen supply to these skeletal muscles, preventing heart diseases.
4. Increases Stamina
- Having a glass of beetroot juice daily have proved to boost up the stamina and energy levels. Some study shows that drinking chukandar juice enhances the levels of plasma nitrates and improves the physical performance of the person.
- High levels of nitrates in the chukandar improve the blood flow, enhances stamina. It is found that beetroot decreases the use of the chief source of energy of the body, i.e. adenosine triphosphate. This leads to more energy saved in the body and helps to stay energized for a long time.
5. Fights Cancer-
- Though it is only in the studies yet but is promising that extract of the beetroot decreases the tumor formation in the body. Use of it for treating breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and prostate cancer is being studied.
6. Good for the liver-
- Liver is an organ which is usually overloaded with unhealthy foods, excessive alcohol, and exposure to certain toxic things. It may help your liver to remove toxins that are needed to be thrown out of it.Chukandar detoxifies the liver and clears out the accumulated toxins in it. It decreases the fatty depositions in the liver. This is due to the betaine content of beetroot which helps to protect your liver and stay healthy.
7. High Source of Nutrients
- Vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and manganese are found in abundance in the chukandar. As we know potassium is very essential for the good function of muscle and nerves while manganese is vital for liver, bones, pancreas, and kidneys. Vitamin B folate decreases the risk of birth defects in the child.
8. Relieves Inflammation-
- Beetroot is an amazing anti-inflammatory vegetable owing to its high content of fiber, folate, and betalains. Juice of chukandar is the best way to combat inflammation naturally. Also, its extract eases the inflammatory symptoms in kidneys.
9. Enhance Brain Health
- Nitrates content of beetroot gets convert into nitric oxide when reaches in the body which promotes the communication of the brain cells, hence increasing the healthy brain activity. Juice of this wonderful vegetable is found to be effective in helping to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Increased blood flow to the brain by drinking beetroot also has a therapeutic effect on the brain.
10. Manages Blood sugar level
- Fibre content of chukandar helps to lower down the blood sugar level. Consuming beetroot juice daily have found to decreases the after meals blood sugar level.
11. Improves Digestion-
- Beetroot is rich in fiber content, thereby it aids the digestion and improves blood flow to the organs. It prevents any kind of digestive health ailments if taken daily in the form of juice or salad.
12. Decreases Bad Cholesterol
- Regular consumption of the chukandar helps to decrease the level of bad cholesterol and maintains the level of good cholesterol in the blood. These amazing effects are owing to its high content of soluble fiber.
13. Enhances Sexual Health
- Beetroot is full of boron which increases the production of sex hormones. Hence helps to have a great sex life. Also, the Betaine present in chukandar calms and relaxes the mind, which will ultimately make a person happier and in a good mood. Sexual weakness is also treated by the use of beetroot in many countries.
14. Accelerate Healthy Weight Loss
- Beetroot has a high amount of natural sweetness and anybody who wants to lose weight can use it as a natural sweetener in place of the normal refined sugar. Also, the high fiber content of this vegetable makes it the best choice for those thinking to lose weight.
15. Slow down the Aging-
- Vitamin content of beetroot helps to delay the aging properties. Lutein content of this vegetable works as an antioxidant which prevents the oxidative damage in the body, thereby slowing the aging process.