Rheumatoid Arthritis is a common debilitating autoimmune disease in which body’s immune systemthat is meant to produce antibodies against any foreign pathogens like virus orbacteria,start attacking its own system by fault, causing inflammatory and painful condition in joints and causes inflammation, swelling, pain and stiffness in the joints. It is progressive, that conditions get worse with time and leads to deformity.
Amavata is its Ayurvedic name.
The cause of RA is not known exactly but combination of Genetic and Environmental factor may be the reasons.
Generally it starts with fatigue, morning stiffness (might last for more than an hour), extensive muscle aches, and loss of appetite and weakness and joint pain start appearing. If joint is not used for a while, it can become warm, tender, and stiff. Joint involvement is symmetrical that is on both sides of the body, and affected areas are like wrist, knees, elbows, fingers, toes, ankle or neck.
Other symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath with chest pain
- Dryness of eyes and mouth (Sjogren syndrome)
- Eye burning, itching, and discharge
- Rheumatoid nodules formation (usually a sign of more severe disease)
- Numbness, tingling, or burning in the hands and feet
- Difficulties in sleeping.
Natural Cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis
This chronic inflammatory diseaseis common disease and it is to be treated seriously to get rid of the pain and lead a healthy life. Rheumatoid arthritis is a hereditary disorder which cannot be completely cured, but with effective management of the symptoms, the progression of the disease can be easily controlled. Planet Ayurveda has herbal remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that is capable to alleviate the pain and get relief at the earliest and which is extremely beneficial.
1. Joint Aid Plus (Capsules)
Joint Aid Plus is an herbalpreparationavailable as capsules. A perfect amalgamation of standardized extract of amazing Ayurvedic herbs that work synergistically to reduce pain and inflammation of joints up to a vast extent.
The herbs present in this formulation are:-
- Nirgundi (Vitex nirgundo) – Nirgundi is a small plant aromatic herb whose flower, fruit and leaves are used for its medicinal properties. It has anti-histamine, anti- inflammatory properties and is a muscle relaxant. It acts as a mild topical analgesic and helps in inducing natural sound sleep.
- Shallaki (Boswellia curcumin) – Boswellia is an herb that consists of boswellic acids which can fight against inflammation and is helpful in treating arthritis. Boswellia has an anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic action in acute and chronic conditions of inflammation. Does not have analgesic effect but suppresses inflammation. Boswellia is effective herb in reducing joint swelling, arthritic pain and morning stiffness and increases the mobility.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha is a natural herb with anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It maintain balances of tridosha, specially kapha and vata. It is an amazing herb for keeping the joints healthy. Ashwagandha in combination with other herbs supports Osteoarthritis and other similar inflammatory conditions of the joints.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) – Zingiber officinale south, commonly known as ginger. It is commonly known as dry ginger. Dry Ginger is also one more useful anti-inflammatory herb and very potent analgesic that improves appetite and good for digestive and respiratory system.
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) – Guggulu herb has analgesic and anti-inflammatory action that providesnatural remedy to reduce joint pains and swelling. Ayurvedic texts have defined it as one of the useful herb for rheumatoid arthritis.Guggulu has property that reverses the degenerative effects occurring in bones and joints and relieves pain in arthritis.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) – Giloy is the herb having antipyretic and anti-inflammatory property which makes it to be used in fever and general debility. It balance the three doshas.
Dose: 2 capsules, daily two times with water after meal.
2. Boswellia Curcumin (Capsules)
Boswellia Curcumin is a combination of natural extracts of 2 herbsvery well known for their actions and properties. Boswellia Curcumin Capsules are effective to bring relief in inflammatory and painful conditions that makes its successful use in rheumatoid arthritis. These besides reducing pain and swelling also improvelocal blood circulation and flexibility of your joints.
- Shallaki (Boswellia curcumin) – Boswellia herb having boswellic acids reduces inflammation and arthritis. Boswellia is a resource of anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties and is effective in reducing joint swelling, arthritic pain and morning stiffness and increases the mobility.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – It is an extraction of rhizomes of Curcuma longa. This herb with medicinal nature has anti-inflammatory effects and ishelpful to treat the Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Dose – 2 capsules daily for two times with water after meal.
3. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules are herbal formulation that is 100% vegetarian is beneficial in debilitating conditions. Its regular use can bring the strength back to muscles, relieves the muscles and calmsdown the nervous system. These are prepared from the standardized extracts of pure herb
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – This Ayurvedic herb having medicinal values that gives anti-inflammatory effects resulting in reduction of swellings and restoring blood supply and is also rich in natural alkaloids providing relief from stress, anxiety relief, improves the stamina, and ability to maintain physical effort. Ashwagandha is a good forrejuvenationand helps togive nourishment of the tissues, mainly of muscles and bones.Results with very beneficial effects are seen in diseases like Amavata (rheumatoid arthritis)
Dose – 2 capsules daily two times with water after meal.
4. Aamvatantak Churna
Aamvatantak churna is purely a natural herbal remedy with a good blend of a number of herbs. The ‘Aam’ actually means endotoxins and this churna helpin digestion of ama (endotoxins) in body. This herbal formulation gives beneficial effects particularly in condition where joints are stiff in the morning and there is severe joint pain and brings reduction in the symptoms of local pain, swelling and stiffness. This also boosts the immune system and improves the blood flow of affected joints.
Its unique herbs aredescribed in Ayurveda as best anti-inflammatory, detoxifying herbs. So it is an effective remedy for Rheumatoid arthritis and joint pains due to other reasons.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb.It is an anti – inflammatory and relieves the joint pains naturally. Ayurveda has explained the use of this herb in severe cases of crippling rheumatoid arthritis in ancient time especially in case of deformity in the joint structure due to erosions. It prevents the depletion of calcium from the joints, and lessens the pain and helps in building the body strength. Much effective in case of swollen joints, inflammatory conditions of joints. Ashwagandha is therefore very useful herbal remedy for RheumatoidArthritis.
- Methi – Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) – Fenugreek is an aromatic herb that acts as a herbal remedy for Rheumatoid arthritis. As Ayurvedaexplains that ‘Aama’& ‘Vata’ are responsible in causing joints problem and severe joint pains.
- Suranjan – Autumn Crocus (Colchicum automnale) – This herb is not only useful in Rheumatoid Arthritis but also effective in disturbed uric acid metabolism. Ayurveda has made this herb useful for painful joints swollen due to imbalance in uric acid metabolism. Due to presence of ‘Colchicine’, it reduces the pain and inflammation in the joints naturally. Found to have great use for rheumatoid arthritis and joint pains due to other reasons.
- Gorakhmundi (Rice Field Weed) – It is another valuable herb for normalizing the uric acid metabolism and is as well helpfulin managing the painful joints. It is worthwhile in cleansing the system and reducing symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – This medicinal herb known to have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant and immunity booster properties thatgive relief by lessening the pain, tenderness, inflammation of the joints. It Providesnourishment to joints and gives strength to the joints as well as to body. It is beneficial for overall health.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) – Usually called as ‘Dry Ginger one of the major herbs that makes the removal of ‘ama’ acting as a detoxifying. It is aneffective pain killer as well as anti-inflammatory herb. The great natural remedy to reduce joint pains and swelling. Ayurvedic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis.
Dose – 1/2 to 1 teaspoonful twice daily, with plain water or Aloe Vera juice or Kumari Saar after meals.