When it comes to deal with summers, oily skin needs special attention.
While most of us love summer, the sunshine, beaches, outings with family & friends but we’re not a fan of what the hot season does to our skin, especially oily skin.
Over the summer, temperature and humidity level rises. These environmental changes encourage the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum. This leads to undesired facial oiliness,”
Since your facial skin has most concentrated sebaceous glands hence, it’s the shiniest part.
As oil & sweat makes a stubborn combination which will lead to breakouts like blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and other skin woes.
Genetics define your skin and everyone has a different skin type. The appearance of one’s skin reflects the overall health of the body.
There are four types of Skin: Dry Skin, Oily Skin, Normal Skin, and Combination Skin
Oily skin is one type of them that produces an excess of sebum. The skin has visible pores, blackheads, acne or blemishes, and a glossy shine, thick complexion.
FINDING THE RIGHT PRODUCT IS QUITE A CHALLENGE
If you have oily skin, your perpetual complaint would always be to find the right product for your skin and more afraid of getting your skin oilier.
After all, in summers, oily skin gets oilier while you tend to sweat a lot more as compared to other seasons.
AYURVEDA CONCEPT AND SKIN TYPES
Characteristics of Skin Types According to Ayurveda:
The main element is Air, representing a movement that can be drying, which is why Vata skin can be dry and dehydrated. Vata skin is delicate and it rules the forehead. It needs nourishment and nurturing.
The main element is Fire, represents digestive fire and transformation. Pitta skin rules cheeks and needs to be soothed, nourished and cooled. Heat aggravates Pitta that leads to acne problems.
The main element is Water, represents water, earth, and stability. Kapha skin is moist and oily in nature, prone to congestion; Kapha rules the chin. Kapha skin needs gentle skin cleansing.
STRUGGLES WITH OILY SKIN
- The face shines all the time
- Having large pores
- Oil smudges everywhere (As a person with oily skin needs to wipe off the phone screen after using it)
- Moisturize or not (A tricky decision)
- Clogging of pores (Due to applying the wrong product)
AYURVEDIC TIPS FOR OILY SKIN
Oily skin is due to Kapha dosha primarily and main issues are pimples, blackheads, acne, blemishes, etc. Hence, Kapha skin needs regular cleansing, nourishing and moisturizing; which should be your daily routine.
WHY CLEANSING IS IMPORTANT WITH RIGHT CLEANSER
Facial cleanser or washing your face is very essential to shed off all the oil and impurities which are prone in oily skin as the impurities could be easier to settle on the surface of the skin but choosing the right product is crucial!
PLANET AYURVEDA INTRODUCED DE-GREASE FACE WASH WITH THE GOODNESS OF NATURE
BENEFITS OF DE-GREASE FACE WASH
- It controls excessive oil
- It helps to shrink large pores
- Prevents clogging pores
- Helps to prevent acne from the skin
- It exfoliates the skin
- Gives the skin divine glow
- It gives a refreshing and rejuvenating appearance to the face
- Promotes youthful skin
- It helps to keep skin hydrated
- Not do over-drying the skin
- Stimulates blood circulation
The natural ingredients used in De-Grease Face Wash are 100% organic and is made as per the Ayurvedic principles.
Few ingredients are
ALOE VERA EXTRACT(Aloe Barbadensis)
The extract is the gel harvested from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant, which has a long history as a plant with numerous medicinal properties. Few benefits are listed below:
- Aloe Vera is an ingredient that promotes faster healing of blemishes.
- Aloe Vera also stimulates the natural production of hyaluronic acid, which is responsible to hold moisture in the skin.
- It also has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps calm irritation.
- Aloe Vera is rich in anti-oxidant properties that help to prevent damage caused by environmental contamination while helping the skin look bright and fresh
- For minor burns, aloe vera gel is wonderful to cure the affected area.
- While aloe vera helps soothe sunburn of the skin
- Aloe Vera gel absorbs easily, making it ideal for oily skin.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory effects, it helps to treat inflammatory forms of acne
GREEN TEA EXTRACTS(Camellia sinensis)
Green tea is one of the most commonly consumed teas in the world.
Green tea extract is its concentrated form. Like green tea, green tea extract is a great source of antioxidants. There are some skin benefits to improve the appearance of the skin:
- The antioxidants in green tea are excellent at fighting premature aging.
- Green tea extract also regulates natural production of sebum in the skin. People with oily skin tend to produce too much sebum, which results in clogged pores and acne breakouts. Green tea targets the root cause by minimizing oil production in skin cells.
- The extract of green tea is an effective acne treatment that helps to reduce pores and get rid of blackheads and breakouts without serious side effects.
- Green tea leaves can be used to gently exfoliate the skin.
- This helps to reduce the look of puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Green Tea extracts act as a natural sunblock to protect the skin from the harmful UV radiations of the sun.
BASIL EXTRACT(Ocimum sanctum0
Basil or “queen of herbs” is the healthiest, sacred and wonderful medicinal Ayurvedic herb. It belongs to the mint family-Lamiaceae. The aromatic herb is full of nutrients and medicinal values.
- The basil leaves help to remove toxins from the body thereby beneficial in the prevention of acne and pimples.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties of basil are useful to treat skin scars
- The extract of basil is wonderful in the prevention of blackheads
- It gives a glow to the face
Application of De-Grease Face Wash
Dampen your skin with lukewarm water.
Apply a coin-sized amount of De-Grease Face Wash, make a good lather and apply to face.
Gently massage your skin, including your neck.
Rinse with lukewarm water.
- 100% Natural
- Ideal for Oily skin
- Can be used both by men and women