Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease of lungs in which airways become narrow, leading to difficulty in breathing. It can affect people of any age group but mainly starts in childhood. It is characterized by – difficulty in breathing, cough, and wheezing. It can also be related to an allergic condition where there is
Presence of any allergen in the air. Asthma requires proper medication in association with some preventive measures.
Nebulizer in Asthma
If Asthma is not relieved by medications then nebulizer is the next option. In an acute asthmatic attack, a nebulizer can be used but its effect is for a short period of time so it is only for temporary treatment. Nebulizer is a type of inhaler that contains asthma medications in the form of mist, which is having a mouthpiece through which the medicine directly goes into your lungs.
Nebulizer mainly contains bronchodilators in the form of – Albuterol, Ipratropium bromide and Levalbuterol are beta-2 agonists that are used for temporary relief and their long term use can result in various complications. Budesonide is a steroidal medicine used in a nebulizer, It can cause hoarseness of voice and fungal infection of mouth called oral thrush. Long term use of Steroids can result in organ damage like liver failure, kidney failure. So Steroids used in Nebulizer are very harmful to our bodies.
Complications Due To Long Term Use of Nebulizer
A nebulizer is only for short time relief, its long term use can result in organ damage. Because we need to adjust the doses of the medicines used in Nebulizer, according to the patient’s need. Sometimes high doses are needed which can be very harmful. So Nebulizer should be used only for temporary relief.
Its long term use can result in the following complications
- Weight gain mainly puffiness of face is seen
- Osteoporosis, muscle weakness, hair loss, easy bruising
- Blood in sputum, Cataract, Glucauma
- Mood changes, Headache
- High Blood pressure, Diabetes, suppression of adrenal glands
Ayurvedic Perspective of Asthma
According to Ayurveda, asthma is a “Swas rog” which occurs due to imbalance between vata, and kapha dosha and it mainly occurs due to our improper diet, Deranged kapha and vitiated Pranvayu. When vitiated Pranvayu and deranged kapha gets combine, they result in respiratory system obstruction, which is called “Pranvahasrotasa”, resulting in “Swas Rog”.
Ayurvedic Herbs by Planet Ayurveda for Asthma as an Alternate to Nebulizer
Planet Ayurveda offers Asthma care Pack for the Treatment of Asthma. These herbal remedies are prepared by using best quality herbs and are prepared under direct supervision of MD Ayurvedic Doctors by strictly following the principles of Ayurveda. These all remedies are natural, pure and vegetarian in nature. They do not contain any chemical or preservative and are safe to use for prolonged period of time and not having any side effect.
Asthma Care Pack By Planet Ayurveda
Asthma care pack is powerful natural combination of products by Planet Ayurveda for Asthma. It contains mainly three ingredients – Aller-G Care, Tulsi capsules and Praanrakshak churna.
Product description is as follows
These are in the form of capsules. These capsules are the combination of best known herbs like – Ashwagandha, Neem, Shirish and Haridra.
DOSAGE – 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
BENEFITS – Each component serves individual benefit
- It is very potent herb used in Ayurvedic system.
Ancient Verse about Ashwagandha
Reference – Bhavprakash nighantu, edition of 2010: Verse 189-190, Page no- 393-394.
Meaning – Ashwagandha, Balda, Varda, Hyahriya, Vrahkarni, Baji and Kushtgandhini. Two synonyms of Ashwagandha are – Hyagandha and Bajigandha. Its potency is hot with astringent and bitter taste. It is a good energy provider. It enhances the spermatogenesis. It is very useful in leucoderma, inflammation, manages vata and kapha doshas and is very helpful in treating emaciation.
- It has anti-ageing property.
- It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory property
- It helps in reducing stress and cholesterol.
- It is beneficial in allergies, heart problems, inflammation and infections due to its natural rejuvenating property .
- It is very useful in allergies and infections.
- It is a powerful disinfectant
- It is a very good gum cleaner so useful in halitosis and oral infections
- It is anti-bacterial in nature.
in Ayurveda, Shirish is called as “Vish-ghan” which means removing toxins from the body. Here the word toxin stands for accumulation of toxins in the body due to imbalanced vata, pitta and kapha doshas.
- It is also called Turmeric, very useful in allergies and rhinitis.
- It has anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic and antiseptic property
- It is useful in Skin problems like pimples, acne, inflammation and skin rashes.
2. TULSI CAPSULES
This is a powerful natural product by Planet Ayurveda in the form of capsules. They are combination of pure herb Tulsi.
Dosage – 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
- It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory property
- is useful in respiratory conditions like Rhinitis and Sinusitis
- It is very useful in decreasing stress and emotional imbalance.
- It is known as “Holy Basil” which means it is a very Holy plant in India.
3. Praanrakshak Churna
It is a powerful natural product by Planet Ayurveda which is a combination of various herbs like – Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylinca) 20gm, Shirish (Albezzia lebbok) 40gm, kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum) 40gm, Mulethi (Glycerrhiza glabra) 10mg, Annathmool (Typhlora Asthmatica) 40mg, Bharangi (Clerodandrum Serritum) 10mg and Vaasa (Adhtoda vasica) 40gm.
DOSAGE – 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meals.
BENEFITS – The herbs kantakri, Bharangi and Shirish have anti-histaminic property so are useful in acute and chronic asthmatic attacks
4. Shwas Kuthar Ras
Shwash Kuthar Ras is a Herbo mineral classical formulation. This formulation is really effective in almost all the respiratory problems but has it’s best result in Asthma.
Dose – 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meals.
- All these herbs are very useful in treating allergy and asthma
- Mucous plugs are formed in respiratory diseases, so these herbs break those mucous plugs thus help in curing respiratory diseases.