May 30, 2019
Top 10 Ayurvedic Secrets for a Healthy Life
Ayurveda, a holistic science that has been originated in India and a well-renowned science that has influenced the entire globe with its effective and safe treatment by its natural ways either in the form of medicines (the natural herbs) or in the form of diet and lifestyle management. As we know, in today’s era our diet and lifestyle are the major culprits for various ailments that not only affect our body but also affect our mind. All these things were analyzed thousands of years ago by our prestigious Ayurvedic scholars hence they mentioned a proper daily routine that too with respect to seasons.
Here, let us start with the secrets!
1.WAKE UP EARLY
(Reference – Ashtanga hridyam / Sutrastahanam / Dinacharyadhyam / Shloka no.1)
The meaning of this quotation goes as – Those who have the desire to achieve a healthy, long and a disease-free lifespan, they should get up in the ‘Brahma mahurta‘ (early morning). Brahma mahurta time is around 4-5 o’clock.
In fact, you are always advised by your parents to get up early, the reason behind that is to achieve a health and wealth along with a sparkle vital force that makes you active throughout the day.
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
Even researches have shown that those who wake up early are quite intelligent and smart in their works.
2.PERFORM DAILY RITUALS TO GET RID OF TOXINS
- It is clearly mentioned in our classics that after wake up, eliminate the toxins and debris from the body by getting rid of natural urges (Vega nivarna), brushing (dantadhavana), gargling (Gandusha), applying collyrium (Anjana karma), Nasal instillation (Nasya), etc.These regimens help you to prevent diseases if you perform them on a daily basis.
3.A FRUITFUL MASSAGE (ABHYANGA)
(Reference – Ashtanga hridyam / Sutrasthanam / Dinacharyadhyaya / Shloka no.8)
- The meaning of this quotation goes as – Daily massaging your body with the oils, helps you to alleviate tiredness (Shrama), all the Vataja diseases, and also prevents ageing (Jara). It helps to enhance vision (drishti prasada), nourishes the body (pushti), aids sound sleep (swapna), nourishes the skin (sutwak), maintains muscle tone (dadyakrit) and provides long life (Ayu).
- The whole body massage is recommended but especially one should massage the head region, and foot.
Avoid massage while suffering from fever, indigestion and kaphaja roga.
4.PERFORM VYAYAM (EXERCISES)
- The best thing you can do to maintain a healthy life is–’workouts’. You can perform either Yoga or Exercise. All these things just not only make you physically healthy but also support your mental health.
- Performing daily exercises make your body light, increase the working potential, improve digestive fire, and also improve the body built.
- Avoid over exercise because it may lead to depletion of healthy body tissues and also avoid strenuous exercises in old age, instead of providing health it may give rise to various problems. So do exercise according to one’s capacity.
5.A HEALTHY SHOWER
(Reference – Ashtanga hridyam / Sutrasthanam / Dinacharyadhyaya / Shloka no. 16)
- In our classics the benefits of bath are explained, they are – Improves digestive fire (deepana), enhances virility (vrushya), provides a long life (ayushya), fills energy (urja), improves strength (bala prada).
- It also helps to alleviate – itching (kandu), debris (mala), tiredness (shrama), excessive sweating (sweda), laziness (tandra), thirst (trid), burning sensation (daha) and disease (paap – a synonym of roga).
6.A BALANCED AND NUTRITIOUS DIET–
- Our diet plays an important role in maintaining good health. In otherwords, the existence of our life totally depends upon our diet and this diet directly impacts our Ojas (essence of all the dhatus) which in turn boosts our immunity, hence provides a healthy lifespan.<
- Nutritious diet should always be consumed according to one’s capacity. Prefer shadrasayuktahara ahara (a diet that includes all the tastes that nourish our body). Always consume after the digestion of previous meals and avoid overeating.
- Your diet should be rich in all the micro and macro nutrients that do not affect your digestive fire (Agni) as agni is the prime factor that aids healthy health.
7.ADOPT SEASONAL REGIMENS
- Every season directly impacts the panchamaubhutas, the five elements that composed the whole universe thus affects the humans as well as other creatures of the surroundings.
- Moreover, Season variation is the peak time that affects one’s health. These climatic changes are the reason that decline our immunity and our weak immunity is the cause of the origin of various diseases in our body. We can achieve a powerful immunity by altering our dietary and lifestyle habits. Always take diet and follow regimens according to particular Ritu (season).This will help you to attain good health.
8.NEVER SUPPRESS THE NATURAL URGES
(Reference – Ashtanga hridyam / Sutrasthanam / Rogaanutpadniya adyaye / Shloka no. 1)
- In our classics there is a clear reference that we should never suppress the natural urges.Those urges are – Apana vata (Flatus), vin-mutra (Feces and Urine), trit (Thirst), kshuda (Hunger), nidra (Sleep), kasa (Cough), shwasa (Respiration), jrimbha(Yawning), ashru(Tears), chardi (Vomiting), retas (Sperms). Suppression may lead to accumulation of toxins inside the body which gives rise to various diseases.
- But always try to suppress anger, grief, greed and jealous.
9.AVOID STRESS AND STRAINS
- A major factor that gives rise to various diseases and responsible for declining health is stress. Stress and strains are the part and parcel of our life. So never consider them a burden, face them with the positive energy and tackle accordingly.
10.SATKARMA / SADVRUTTA (HEALTHY HABITS)
- Our personality is known by our habits which directly impacts our health.Try to adopt some good habits and the wrong habits should be kept at the edge. Develop a healthy habit to drink plenty of water that helps to detoxify the body. You can devote sometime of your life in somerighteous acts. Remain positive and stay happy as happiness is the key to a good health.
GIVE SOME IMPORTANCE TO YOUR LIFE AND YOUR LOVED ONES
- Healthy secret of living a healthy life is to give importance to your own life and share some time with your loved ones. That will ease the way of living with a healthy lifespan.
- These regimens help you to prevent diseases and provide a healthy life so one should try to incorporate these things in daily routine.
Moreover the main aim of Ayurveda is to maintain the health of a healthy individual i.e ‘‘स्वस्थस्यस्वास्थ्यरक्षणं“.“. So, those who have the desire to achieve long and healthy life, they should follow the rituals mentioned in Ayurveda,-a holistic incomparable andunbeatable science.