November 8, 2017
Get Quick Relief from Allergy Symptoms -Top 4 Herbal Remedies
Allergy: An overview
Allergy is a hypersensitive or exaggerated defensive response of the body’s immune system to natural substances which are generally harmless for most people.
Allergies can cause a lot of discomfort and irritation to individuals affected by an allergic condition. However, for quick and effective relief, renowned herbal manufacturing company Planet Ayurveda has prepared some excellent herbal remedies for allergy which are very beneficial for individuals who are genetically predisposed to allergies as well as individuals who are prone to allergies from a particular natural substance.
Before using Herbal Remedies for Allergy, it is essential to understand that the natural substances which can trigger an allergic reaction in some people are called ‘allergens.’ A few common allergens which can lead to an abnormal response of the immune system — thereby causing an allergic reaction — are: pollen, foods and drinks, mites, dander, medications, and industrial products.
On the basis of these allergens, allergies are usually categorised as seasonal allergies, food allergies, allergies to drugs/medicines, animal allergies, allergies caused by pollen, allergic dermatitis, eczema, hay fever, bronchial asthma, and some other types of allergies.
In case of an allergy, the body’s immune system reacts in an exaggerated manner when it comes into contact with a particular allergen from the environment. As such, the symptoms of allergy primarily depend on two factors:
- the type of allergen; and
- the route of entrance (or contact point) of the allergen.
Nonetheless, some of the symptoms commonly associated with allergies are: conjunctivitis, skin reactions, asthma, redness of eyes and face, sneezing, cough, inflammation, and itching, etc.
Herbal Remedies for Allergy
One of the best herbal remedies for allergy is Planet Ayurveda’s ‘Allergy Care Pack,’ which includes four potent herbal formulations which can manage allergy symptoms effectively, and provide relief from different kinds of allergies.
The four components of the ‘Allergy Care Pack’ are:
Aller-G Care capsules
- These capsules are prepared from a number of useful anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory herbs which act as natural supplement against all types of allergies — including dust allergy and pollen allergy — and can help in sneezing, asthma, rhinitis, and sinusitis. The herbs which are used for preparing these capsules include: Haridra, Ashwagandha, Neem, and Shirish. Altogether, the combination of these herbs can relieve allergy symptoms, treat skin ailments, stabilize allergic reactions, and boost the immune system.
The recommended dosage of Aller-G care capsules for allergy relief is: Two capsules with plain water, two times a day, after meals.
- Curcumin capsules also are one of the most beneficial herbal remedies for allergy. The core component of these capsules is Turmeric, which is widely known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Curcumin capsules are prepared from standardized herb extract; and are extremely useful in managing inflammatory skin ailments and respiratory tract allergies. Moreover, these capsules also provide relief in cough and bronchial asthma attacks, and prevent the further occurrence of such attacks.
- For allergy relief, two Curcumin capsules should be taken twice a day with plain water, after meals.
- Tulsi capsules are prepared from 100% standardized extract of ‘Tulsi’ herb (also called Holy Basil). This herb has been in use since olden times in India for treating infection, cough, sore throat, viral flu and influenza, along with asthma, allergies and other conditions related to the immune system. The Tulsi herb also has excellent healing properties and is a wonderful natural remedy for asthma and acute respiratory tract infections.
- Recommended Tulsi capsules dosage for allergy relief is: Two capsules twice a day with plain water, after meals.
- This churna is an amazing herbal powder which can provide relief from allergies, and is particularly effective in managing cough and asthma. The churna is prepared from a number of potent herbs — such as Bharangi, Kantakari and Shirish — which have proven anti-histaminic properties. In addition, herbs like Dalchini, Vaasa and Madhuyashti — known for breaking the mucus plug — are also used for preparing this anti-allergy herbal formulation.
People suffering from allergies should consume one teaspoon full of Praanrakshak Churna two times a day, with plain water, after meals.
- According to Ayurveda, the main reason for all types of allergies is an imbalance in the ‘Vata’ and ‘Pitta’ doshas of the body. For the restoration of the balance of these two doshas, Ayurvedic experts focus on the treatment of allergies by alleviating ‘Vata’ and expulsion of ‘Pitta’ from the system.
- Towards that end, it is recommended that people suffering from allergies should regularly use Planet Ayurveda’s herbal remedies for allergy for a few months, and also maintain the ‘Vata’ and ‘Pitta’ balance by making some dietary changes.