Top 7 Effective Natural Treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease
According to Ayurveda, Alzheimer’s disease is caused mainly due to imbalance of vata dosha in body. Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder of brain that shows behavior changes and memory loss in an individual. It is also considered as a form of dementia. The symptoms like memory loss, language problem, decreased judgement, poor judgement, problems in terms of thinking, disorientation in relation to place and time, misplacing things, personality change, lack of initiative, frequent changes in mood and behavior.
Natural treatment is the best way to heal Alzheimer’s disease as it will improve strength, power, memory loss, endurance and will power in an affected person. This disease is more common in older age.
Here are some natural treatment for Alzheimer’s disease:
1. Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis):
This is an Ayurvedic herb used as a brain tonic, memory enhancer, anxiety, stress-related disorders, insomnia and numerous neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. This herb supports central nervous system in an individual. Shankhpushpi contains active ingredients like.
- Glycosides & flavonoids that strengthen immunity and act as an antioxidant.
- Alkaloids: This herb contains alkaloids that act as a muscle relaxant, serotonin-boosting and pain reducing agent.
- Coumarins: It acts as a natural chemical compound that helps in thinning of blood and have anti-fungal and anti-tumor activities. It rejuvenates the brain cells and act as a tranquilizer and psycho-stimulant.
Usage of herb Shankhpushpi:
- Consume one teaspoon of shankhpushpi herb powder with a glass of water daily.
- Use shankhpushpi in the form of decoction.
2. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
:This is one of most common herbs used from ancient times for neurological disorders. It contains a mixture of phytochemicals that are very beneficial for the brain. This herb boosts up memory, protects neural system from damage and improves performance of neurons. Brahmi protects the neural system against neurotoxins like morphine, aluminum and cigarette smoke. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that remove heavy metals and amyloid from the brain. It suppresses neural oxidative stress, reduces risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. It is the best natural treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
Usage of Brahmi herb:
- Consume one teaspoon of brahmi powder once daily with plain water.
3. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
This is an amazing herb that enhances memory, enhances analytical abilities of the brain, increases blood circulation to central nervous system and balances sugar level in the blood. The antioxidant properties of this herb remove toxins. It helps to control fear, emotions and anger.
Usage of Licorice herb:
- You can consume licorice in powder form. Use one teaspoon of licorice once daily.
- Make a tea from licorice stick. Take one small stick of licorice boil it in two cups of water. Boil this until it one cup is left. Strain the mixture and drink this herbal tea daily.
4. Turmeric (Curcuma longa):
Turmeric is most common herb used in Ayurveda for its therapeutic value. Anti-oxidant properties of this herb reduces free radicals from the body that improves immunity and health. It is used to remove toxins, fights against allergies and infections. This herb treats associated symptoms and signs of Alzheimer’s disease. The presence of compound curcumin in it shows effective results in various problems.
Usage of Turmeric:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder and consume it with a glass of lukewarm water daily.
- Use half teaspoon of pure turmeric powder in a glass of milk and consume this milk daily.
- Consume turmeric powder in cooking food items.
5. Sonth (Zingiber officinale):
This is most commonly used naturally for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. It works wonderfully on nervous system and emotional ailments. The herb maintains overall system of the body. Sonth boosts up appetite, makes brain sharper, increases memory and overcomes weakness. It makes the body and mind healthy, stress free, improves brain functions.
Usage of Sonth:
- Take a few pieces of dried ginger herb. Put it in two cups of water, boil it until it one cup is remaining and drink it.
- Use sonth powder in your food items as it’s very helpful.
These are used for overcoming signs and symptoms like loss of memory, poor judgment and various other problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
Usage of almonds:
- Take 4-5 almonds and soak it overnight. Peel it off and eat it daily morning on empty stomach.
- You can powder the almonds and take it with a glass of milk daily.
- Use almond oil with a glass of milk. Drink this daily once.
- Massage your head with almond oil as it will overcome symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. It provides a soothing effect, relives stress and cures anxiety.
7. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera):
This is one of most effective herbs used to reduce anxiety and stress. It also helps to reduce fatigue, weak memory and anxiety associated with Alzheimer’s disease. The herb promotes overall well-being, nourishes strength and immunity.
Usage of Ashwagandha:
- Consume one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder once in a day with plain water or a glass of milk.