How to Get Rid of Allergic Rhinitis in Ayurveda?
Allergic rhinitis means you get allergic symptoms in your nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis is of 2 types, it can occur in a particular season called seasonal and can also happen the whole year, you sometimes get cured, but it returns soon after, it is called perennial. In such allergies a person can’t breathe normally. The allergies that occur in a season are caused by the pollens, which come from grasses, trees and weeds, also from fungi and moulds. The perennial allergy is caused by house insects, cockroaches, fungi, moulds and animal dander or it is caused by your genetics. Treatment for perennial allergy is a little difficult.
These allergies occur when allergens (allergy causing substances) get in touch with your nose, ears and throat. When these come in contact with your nose, these stimulate the cells and persuades them to release the chemical called histamine, which is responsible for causing allergy.
What are the Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
- Nasal blockade
- Itchy eyes, nose or throat
- Runny nose
- Puffy eyes or ‘allergic shiners’
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a particular season or for the whole year long. It doesn’t concern on how old you are. You can become more prone to allergies, if your family has an allergic history. There are certain factors that make you more prone like:
What are the causes of Allergic Rhinitis?
- Air pollution
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Wood smoke
What is The Ayurvedic concept of allergic rhinitis?
- According to Ayurveda allergic rhinitis is due to an imbalance between Vata and Kapha doshas. The idea of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara (wrong foods) also cause the allergic conditions. Ama is the product of weak digestion and impaired metabolism. It leaves its impression on rasa and Rakta dhatu leading to a clear display of pratisaya. Wrong food combinations give a lift to allergies, which happen like having fish with milk, milk with fruit juice, honey with clarified butter, lemon with milk and having ice cream after meals.
- Ayurveda believes in that the 3 doshas of the body, Vata, Pitta and Kapha should be perfectly balanced and treats the allergies like a disease. It cleans the sinuses, flushes out the phlegm, throws out the dosha that is disturbed after detoxification is done in the whole body. To permanently settle this issue, some dietary alterations and life style changes are mandatory. It also makes the immune system stronger. panch-karma is an effective way of curing allergic rhinitis.
- Better eat light foods and drink lukewarm water. Kapha nashaka foods like saindhav salt, less spicy food, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid eating the heavy foods, processed foods, too hot or too cold foods, non-vegetarian foods, junk foods, lower the intake of sweets, yogurt, banana, deserts, cakes, yellow grams and ice-creams.
- Totally say no to alcoholic drinks and cold beverages.
How to treat allergic rhinitis in Ayurveda?
- If the allergic symptoms are acute and in deep rooted conditions, Vamana Panchkarma treatment becomes inevitable, after that it is followed by Virechana healing. This healing helps to relieve Ama and balance the Tridosha.
- If the allergy victim has normal digestion, Nasya treatment (nasal drop therapy) is done with some herbal oils like Indian Valerian (Valeriana wallichi), ginger oil, Licorice ,Glycyrrhiza Glabra and Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) Juice
- When the Panchkarma treatments are over, certain remedies are given to the patient to enhance his/her respiratory immunity and strengthen upper respiratory canals.
- The seasonal allergy is acquired during your course of life. Plenty of seasonal reactions or sensitivities that the person starts feeling the sensations during any age, can be the triggering factor behind such type of allergies. Such types are very easily dealt and cured.
- Both type of allergies are treated differently. In the perennial allergy that happens from the birth, the correct identification to what caused this allergy is necessary. If the allergy happens to be by a food than it becomes very easy to avoid that particular food and control the allergy. But if the allergy is not due to a single food or item, it might create asthma later, then it is a serious matter. Such allergy needs a professional help and has to be healed in a holistic way. Ayurveda has remedies that can cure such allergies.
- In Ayurveda, throwing Ama out of the body is the main process to cure allergies, as it weakens the immune system and it fails to adapt seasonal changes. Thus a weak immune system can invite many other infections to cause multiple diseases.
You can seek the help of an Ayurvedic doctor for rhinitis allergy treatment. We provide Allergy Care Pack that consists of 4 herbs that are effective in treating all kinds of allergies.
Which are Best Herbal Remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda?
- It contains a poly-herbal formula that is effective for all kind of allergies, including pollen allergy. It contains the herbs Haridra, neem, shirish and ashwagandha, which together help remove all kinds of allergies.
- Tulsi plant has a holistic approach with the Hindus. It is given as a remedy to rectify many diseases. It is best for sore throat, cough, cold and viral flu. It can be given to the persons having asthma. It also helps in controlling diabetes and can reduce the symptoms of cancer.
- It also takes care of various allergies, especially in rhinitis, sneezing, It contains the herbs known as vassa, shirish, anantmool, dalchini, mulethi, kantkari and bharangi.
- All types of allergies are cured by this effective remedy. It can also cure your digestive troubles, keep a check on cancer and sooth your arthritis problems.
All these 4 packs are prepared only after scrutinizing all the ingredients that are used to prepare it, in a modern lab. Every ingredient is tested and only those are accepted that come from organic trees, plants and herbs. These are proving to be very effective on a number of patients. A renowned Ayurvedic doctor keeps his/her watchful eyes on the whole process and these products are sent abroad to many countries. All are authentically herbal and vegetarian with no side effects.
Ayurveda regulates a well-planned execution detox schedule that happens at the end of every season. It helps in flushing out all the toxins that have accumulated in the previous season and are causing all these allergies and if we ignore them, these turn into severe diseases. Ayurveda just vitalize and rejuvenates your immune system so that no infection ambushes your body and you enjoy the life in a healthier way.