How to Improve Eyesight Naturally?
Many reasons are there that make you wear glasses, the most common is altering your lifestyle, watching TV for long without blinking your eyelids, sitting & working on your computer, laptop, tablets & mobiles, reduction in nutritious diet and some hereditary conditions.
Many people are forced to wear glasses because they are suffering from diseases like Myopia and Hypermyopia. Poor eyesight is very common in the world today. It has two type farsightedness and nearsightedness. Some people can’t recognize the far away things and many can’t read the nearby things, both of these are related to the former and latter respectively. Most people wear glasses or contact lenses to see properly. Putting eye drops for correcting their vision is another method that is not liked by many.
When you get fed up of all the resources, only one science can enhance your eyesight & that’s Ayurveda. In Ayurveda, the poor vision is called as drishti dosha and it believes that the problem can be due to nervous debility, congestion and bowel movements becoming irregular. Ayurveda does believe that certain foods eaten according to prescription can enhance your eyesight. Let’s take a look at some of the exercises, fruits and veggies that enhance your eye sight.
What are the natural ways to improve eyesight?
- A few exercises make your eyes more flexible. These exercises help the blood to flow easily in the eyes and helps in providing the ultimate vision. Eye exercises lower the strain that your eyes have to bear daily and enhance your concentration. You need to rotate your eye balls both in the clockwise direction and anti-clockwise for a few seconds. There is another one, flutter your eyes, meaning blink your eyes continuously for 20 to 30 seconds repeatedly. Do these exercises twice a day and see the eyesight improve in a month.
- Almonds contain omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and anti-oxidants that naturally enhance your eyesight. These also help in improving concentration and memory power.
How to Use
- You can eat them in raw form or make a paste by first crushing them in a grinder, then mixing the powder in a glass of milk and then drink it after stirring well. This should be done daily unless you feel some improvement.
- In ancient times the Romans called fennel as ‘the herb of sight’, must be a solid reason behind it. Fennel has an abundance of nutrients and anti-oxidants, which slows down the growth of cataracts and enhance health to the eyes. A large variety of fennel seeds should be used to promote eye sight.
How to Use
- Add a cup of almonds with fennel & sugar and put them in a grinder. Crush them until all 3 are reduced to form a clean powder. Take 1 teaspoon of this powder and mix it in a glass of milk and stir well. Drink this glass before slipping in your sheets. Repeat this procedure for at least 40 days and see the difference.
Amla (Indian gooseberry):
- Amla is famous for eradicating dozens of diseases and enhancing the eye sight is one of them. It contains lots of vitamin C. The Amla fruit is rich in possessing anti-oxidants and strong nutrients, which are certainly going to enhance your eye sight. Vitamin C in Amla enhances the functions of retina cells and improves the health of capillaries.
How to Use
- Mix a few teaspoons of Amla fruit’s juice in half a cup of water. Drink it twice a day, in the morning and evening. You can also add a spoon of raw honey to sweeten it.
- Asparagus is a strong wild herb of Ayurveda that helps in enhancing your eye sight. Vitamin A is present in this herb that helps retina to absorb light. It also helps in stopping the macular degeneration. It also grants the eyes a long and healthy life.
How to Use
- Mix a teaspoon of asparagus juice with some raw honey and drink it after mixing in cow’s warm milk. Keep repeating it for a few months to see any improvement.
- Not much research was done on its effects on eyes, but a recent study is quite promising. This is also an herb in the Ayurvedic world that enhances the eye sight. Besides of improving your vision it also helps in macular degeneration and saves you from glaucoma, meaning increased pressure within the eyeball, causing a gradual loss of eye sight.
- Some research was done and it was found to be beneficiary for retinopathy. But remember one thing, this remedy should not be given to kids and the patients of diabetes. It will be better if you consult your ophthalmologist before consuming it.
What Diet Should be followed?
Keep having a healthy diet:
- If you eat a healthy diet, which consists of seasonal fresh fruits and veggies and notgoes for junk foods, packed foods, and soft drinks and drinks having alcohol in it. The diet should be rich in having vitamins A, B, C, D, E, beta-carotene and amino acids, which should take care about the health of your eyes saving them from many infections. Some of the foods do have these qualities & nutrients like green leafy vegetables, kale, broccoli, beetroot, nuts, blueberries, oranges, spinach, beans, eggs and fatty fishes like salmon, tuna and some other oily fish can help to enhance your eye sight.
- Good & healthy eye sight begins with the food placed on your plate. A well-balanced diet helps you in having a healthy physical appearance. Such a diet never lets you become obese and saves you from type 2 diabetes, which is the main reason for blindness among adults.
What Should Be Avoided?
- If you smoke then you become more prone to having cataracts, your optic nerve can get hurt, stoppage of macular degeneration is inevitable and many more medical troubles. If you had quit smoking and couldn’t leave for long, try it again & again. The more you try it the more you succeed. If you still can’t give up, seek the advice of some rehab center or consult your doctor.
- The above mentioned methods can be tried at home and not only will they enhance your eye sight, but make you physically smarter.
- You can gain self confidence and lose stress, which is another cause for poor vision.
- These don’t cost a fortune and all the herbs should be authentically organic.
- If these remedies fail to improve your eye sight, better go to your ophthalmologist and seek his/her advise