Natural Asthma Treatment with Diet & Home Remedies
Asthma is chronic long term inflammatory disease of lungs which causes inflammation in airways (bronchial tubes). It is long term disorder with breathing difficulties that range from mild to life-threatening.
The airways are tubes that carry air into and out of your lungs. People who are suffering from asthma have inflamed airways. The inflammation makes the airways swollen.
Person who are suffering from asthma, the wall of airway or bronchial tube gets swollen and smooth muscles become tightened, so lungs get less air. It makes difficulty in breathing.
Asthma is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
People of any age group can affect from it. However it is most detected in children.
Cause of Asthma
- It is not clear that why some people get asthma and others do not, but it is may be due to environmental and genetic (inherited) factors.
Symptoms of Asthma
Asthma symptoms vary from person to person.
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- sleeping Trouble caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- A wheezing sound when exhaling.
- Pus like sputum
- Coughing especially early in the morning and at night.
Due to over consumption of kaphaj aahara, vihara (dietry and life style habits) for example heavy intake of cold heavy food items, no work out, sleeping during day etc. Cause impairment in kapha dosha (physical energy in the body). This causes of narrowing of wind pipe.
Best food for treating asthma
- Asthma reduces with healthy diet supplements, having antioxidants and nutrients to reduce environmental toxins. It controls inflammatory responses. Some of the most beneficial foods need to be include in your asthma diet are:
- Carotenoids are the basis of vitamin A. Asthma frequency can be correlates with lowering of vitamin A, so increase intake of vitamin A rich food like sweet potatoes, carrots, leafy vegetable and berries is helpful.
Folate (vitamin B9)
- Folate reduces allergic reactions and inflammation. It is capable of lowering wheezing.
Vitamin E and vitami C foods
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and helps detoxify the body, that is why many researches suggest that consuming more vitamin C foods reduce wheezing and inflammation.
High fibrous food
- Whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds and raw vegetables are having abundance of fiber that keeps bowel clear and manages asthma effectively.
Omega 3 foods
- Omega-3 foods help to lower the asthma symptoms because they reduce airway inflammation and immune system. Omega-3 is mostly found in oily fish.
Herbs-Natural remedies for Asthma Treatment
- A number of herbs have been used for the treatment of asthma as natural remedies. Let us have a look!
- Garlic has been used as a natural herb to manage many diseases, mainly it is very good remedy for anti inflammatory diseases.
- As asthma is inflammatory disease so garlic is really helpful to provide relief in asthma.
How to Use
- Take 10-11 cloves of garlic
- Boil it in a glass of milk mixed with water, till it is left 1/4th of it.
- Try it for a month regularly.
- Ginger is also known to decrease asthma symptoms. It has anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. Moreover ginger is also used to treat digestive disorders that helps to keep bowels clear. Ginger is well known herb
- Turmeric contains curcumin as its pure extract and active compound and it reduces inflammation. It is beneficial for hay fever, bronchitis and lung problems. It is very safe and effective natural remedy.
Honey makes the immune system strong and help to protect against respiratory infections, cold, and flu, which can worsen asthma. Honey reduces coughing and congestion.
Planet Ayurveda offers the best combination of some natural herbs or herbal remedies as Asthma care pack for asthmatic patients. Our Planet Ayurveda Doctor and experts team prepared using best quality of herbs and follow principles of Ayurveda. This Asthma care pack is free from chemicals and preservatives. This pack is purely vegetarian and natural and can be used without any side effects.
- Aller-G care – take 2 capsules with lukewarm water daily after meal, twice.
- PRANRAKSHAK – take daily 1 tsp. with honey or lukewarm water after meals, twice
- Tulsi Capsules– take daily 2 capsules with lukewarm water after meal, twice.
1. Aller-G care- Aller-G care has great combination of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Haridra (Curcuma longa) and Shirish (Albizia lebbeck).This natural product can be consumed as a dietary supplement. These herbs are very effective for asthma and other respiratory problems. This helps to boost up immune system and fight asthma symptoms.
2. Pranrakshak Churna
Pranrakshak is wonderful natural herbal formulation in the form of powder by Planet Ayurveda. It helps to treat chronic situation of bronchial asthma, breathlessness and sinusitis. It has anti microbial and anti allergic features. It is a mixture of six ingredients such as
- Shirish(Albizia lebbeck)
- Vasa(Adhatoda vasica)
- Anantamool(Tylophora asthmatica)
- Dalchini(Cinnamomum zeylanica)
- Bharangi(clerodandrum serratum)
- Madhuyashti(Glycirrhiza glabra)
3. Tulsi Capsules
- The scientific name of Tulsi is Oscimum sanctum. Tulsi capsules of planet Ayurveda are pure extract of best quality of Tulsi. They are packed with 100%vegetarian capsule shells.
- This Ayurvedic treatment for Asthma is wonderful source of relieving sign and symptoms.
Opt for these herbal remedies for asthma on regular basis and manage your asthma up to a great extent.