December 17, 2022
Ayurvedic Treatment For Bartonellosis With Herbal Remedies
Bartonella is a genus of gram-negative bacteria and is the only species of the family Bartonellaceae. Bacteria are free living organisms consisting of free living organisms and one biological cell. They are the first life forms to appear on earth, and many habitats. It inhibits soils, water, radioactive waste and the deep biosphere of the earth’s crust. Bacteria play a vital role in many stages of recycling and fixing nitrogen from the atmosphere. It includes the decomposition of the dead bodies and bacteria responsible for the putrefaction stage. Bacteria usually live in symbiotic and parasitic relationships with plants and animals. The study of bacteria is known as bacteriology which is a branch of microbiology. Usually humans and many animals carry millions of bacteria in their gut and several species of bacteria are pathogenic and cause many infectious diseases including Anthrax, tetanus and tuberculosis. It is helpful in sewage treatment and in the breakdown of oil spills, they are abundant in lakes and oceans. Most bacteria species are spherical, rod-shaped bacteria called bacilli, some are vibrio (slightly curved shaped), Spiral shaped (spirilla). They have a bacterial cell wall and cytoskeleton. Bacteria also attach to the surfaces and form dense bio films and large formations known as microbial mats. In multicellular organisms cell increases in size and reproduction is by cell division. Asexual reproduction is through binary fission. There are 4 phases in the growth of bacteria- Lag phase, logarithmic phase, exponential phase, and stationary phase. In this topic we are going to study Bartonellosis and their causes, types and its ayurvedic management in detail.
Bartonellosis is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria bartonella. It includes Trench fever, Carrion’s disease, cat scratch disease, and peliosis hepatis. Facultative intracellular parasites, bartonella species infect many healthy people and are usually transmitted by vectors such as ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes. Bartonella henselae is the organism which is responsible for cat scratch disease. Cat scratch disease (felinosis) is an infectious disease which results from a bite of a cat. This bacteria spread from the saliva of cats. Younger cats pose greater risk than older cats. It usually happens in children and teens. Bartonella bacilliformis causes oroya fever and Bartonella quintana is associated with trench fever, Carrion’s disease Bartonella angiomatosis is characterized by high grade fever and destruction of red blood cells, severe enlargement of spleen and liver and destruction of blood vessels.
- Cat Scratch disease is an infection caused by bacteria’s saliva
- This disease causes redness and swelling at the site of bite and some flu like symptoms
- It can be treated with antibiotics
- If you get scratched by a cat it is important to wash your hands promptly with soap and water
Cat scratch disease is transmitted through a scratch or bite from an infected cat. Cat fleas act as a vector for transmission of this disease. Once this bacteria enters the body, Bartonella targets CD34+ which are white blood cells that act as a forerunner for endothelial cells which are the cells that line blood vessels and other tissues. When it enters the cell it prevents the cell from self-destructing and creates a vacuole. An endotoxin called lipid A is found on the outer membrane which is the primary factor for Bartonella. It has the ability to invade the erythrocytes and endothelial cells which plays an important role. The bacteria invades the endovascular, lymphatic, and other organs of the body.
About 40% of the cats and kittens have Bartonella henselae in their mouths and under their claws, when cat’s saliva from an infected cat comes in contact with open wounds and on the white parts of the eyes. Bartonella henselae is a fastidious, intracellular and gram negative bacteria.
- It includes Bump or Blister at the scratch site
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Low grade fever
- Weight loss
- Sore throat
- Body ache
- Prolonged fever
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Neurological disorders such as Meningoencephalitis, seizures and endocarditis.
- Parinaud’s oculoglandular syndrome most common manifestation
RISK FOR CAT SCRATCH FEVER
- It is most common in southern parts of the United States and common among children between the age of 5-9 years of age.
- It has an increased risk of becoming ill which has weakened the immune system.
- Who suffers from-
- Transplanted organs
It holds that the transmitting vectors are blood sucking arthropods, mammals. After infection, bacteria then colonize the endothelial cells and are released into blood streams, and further infect the erythrocytes. This bacteria invades a membrane inside erythrocytes and multiplies until they reach a population density. Bartonella are transmitted to both animals and humans through various vectors such as fleas, lice and sand flies.
- Lymphogranuloma venereum
- Atypical mycobacterial disease
- Physical examination
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Warthin Starry stain
- Blood tests
- ELISA (enzyme linked immunosorbent assay)
- Immunofluorescence antibody assay
- Antibiotics can treat people-
- Azithromycin is used to decrease the lymph node volume very quickly
- Trimethoprim – Sulfamethoxazole
- Doxycycline is preferred to treat Bartonella henselae infections
- To relieve painful glands, gently insert a needle and drain the food
- Be Cautious if your touch pet
- Avoid rough play with cat
- Follow flea control measures
- Proper washing of hands
- Encephalopathy – It is a brain disease that occurs due to bacteria which spreads to the brain, which causes permanent damage and death.
- Neuroretinitis – It is the inflammation of the optic nerve and retina. It causes blurring of the vision, once infection is gone the vision is improved
- Osteomyelitis – It is the bacterial infection in bones, and damages bone. It is so severe that amputation is necessary.
- Parinaud oculoglandular syndrome – It is an eye infection and the most common cause is Cat scratch syndrome. This bacteria enters the eye directly into the bloodstream of the eye. In rare cases, surgery is necessary to remove the infected tissue from part of the eye.
Bartonella is Aaguntaja vyadhi that is mainly due to external factors which are new to the human body and produce diseases by entering and affecting the various parts of the body. The organism like bacteria which is not a part of the human body enters the body and creates various types of disease. It happens due to imbalance of the doshas, which further get lodged in the pathway and give rise to infectious diseases known as sankramak vyadhi’s which can spread from one thing to another.
METHODS OF EXAMINATION
- Darshana (inspection) on the basis of age, color and sense organs
- Prashna (interrogation) it can be examined on the type of pain, agni bala
- Samsparsha (palpation) It is examined on the basis of stiffness, hardness and temperature of the body
HERBS USEFUL FOR BARTONELLA
- VACHA – Vacha (Acorus calamus) has rich medicinal values that help to improve speech, intelligence. Vacha has properties of Lekhaniya (scraping), Arso Ghana (used in treatment of piles), Sheeta prashamana (relieve coldness). This herb is used to balance kapha and vata doshas. Helps to improve speech, voice, constipation, syphilis. Vacha is extensively used in the treatment of obesity.
- GILOY – Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is a famous ayurvedic herb, used in the treatment of fever, jaundice, asthma and in cardiac disorders. It usually balances tridoshas, and is easy to digest. Giloy improves digestion power, relieves ama digestion. Giloy helps in piles, hemorrhoids, improves diabetes, and in heart diseases. It is useful in Seronegative arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis.
- MANJISHTHA – Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) is a famous herb used in detoxification. Usually balances kapha and pitta doshas, helpful in skin diseases, has a complexion enhancing effect, has healing properties and stimulates the liver and spleen. It is usually hot in potency and used as a toxic herb. Manages diseases like diabetes and urinary tract disorders.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR BARTONELLOSIS
Planet Ayurveda is a herbal manufacturing unit which formulates their own herbal remedies and is used in almost all health conditions. All the formulations are prepared under the strict guidance of M.D experts. The remedies are free from any preservative, resins and other artificial synthetic material. These remedies are 100% pure and can be used without causing any side effects. For the purpose of this disese planet ayurveda provided many herbal remedies which provides great relief.
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES
- GILOY CAPSULES
- KAISHORE GUGGUL
- MANJISHTHA CAPSULES
- NAVKARSHIK CHURNA
- BRAHMI CAPSULES
1. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin Capsules are single herbal capsules formulated by planet Ayurveda using a single extract of Haridra (Curcuma longa). These capsules help to maintain a healthy immune system, balancing all tridoshas of the body. Curcumin Capsules is used in the treatment of skin disease, helps to heal wounds, and helps to stimulate production of bile and has the ability to reduce inflammation and fight against infections.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Giloy Capsules
Giloy Capsules are single herbal capsules which are formulated by planet Ayurveda using a single extract of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). These capsules help to treat fever, gout, skin problems and in jaundice, skin disorders. It possesses an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant property. Giloy Capsules have the ability to kill macrophages and fight against various foreign micro- organisms.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water.
3. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore Guggul are herbal tablets prepared by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Indian Jalap (Ipomoea turpethum), Ginger (Zingiber officinale) and many more. These tablets are helpful in diseases like high toxicity conditions, sprains, bursitis, and high uric acid. Kaishore Guggul deals with gouty arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, dysmenorrhea, and fibromyalgia.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
4. Manjishtha Capsules
Manjishtha Capsules are single herbal capsules formulated by planet Ayurveda using standardized extract of Manjishtha (Rubia Cordifolia). These capsules have anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, antispasmodic properties. Manjishtha capsules are very beneficial in treating various skin diseases, pacifying pitta doshas, and managing blood disorders, improving the complexion. It is used in many gynecological disorders and in urinary disorders.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. Navkarshik Churna
Navkarshik Churna is polyherbal churna which is formulated by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Amla (Emblica officinalis), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa) and many more. This churna helps to reduce the pain and tightness in the affected area, and increases strength of the body. Navkarshik Churna helps to detoxify and clears the impurities and has immunomodulating properties.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water after meals.
6. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi Capsules are single herbal capsules formulated by planet ayurveda using standardized extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). These capsules help to balance vata and kapha doshas, help in improving strength and immunity to the body, useful in pregnancy and for the brain. It helps to maintain normal blood pressure and protects the body from damage by free radicals. Brahmi capsules have antioxidant properties and fight against infection and boosts up the immune system.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water.
Bartonella is the genus of gram negative bacteria and is the only species of the family Bartonellaceae. Bacteria are free living organisms consisting of free living organisms and one biological cell. There are 4 phases in the growth of bacteria- Lag phase, logarithmic phase, exponential phase, and stationary phase. Bartonella henselae is the organism which is responsible for cat scratch disease. Cat scratch disease (felinosis) is an infectious disease which results from a bite of a cat. Bartonella is Aaguntaja vyadhi that is mainly due to external factors which are new to the human body and produce diseases by entering and affecting the various parts of the body. Then we discussed herbal remedies which are provided by Planet Ayurveda and provide great relief to one for healthy living.