March 24, 2021
Best Alternative Protein Supplements for Gym Goers
Whatever your fitness goal is this can be achieved through natural and holistic ways, this might be interesting and exciting. But this is possible if we combine a healthy lifestyle, specific diet, exercise with Ayurveda. Physical activity and stress are interrelated so many Ayurvedic herbs boost your energy levels, stamina and keep you mentally relaxed. Chemical-based protein supplements can alter the functions of the body and leave you with lifetime damage. Thus, it’s better that one must go for safe plant-based formulations.
In this era of bodybuilding and fitness-conscious generation, youth mostly rely on branded protein supplements to enhance muscle strength, stamina, and endurance. First of all, what are proteins? Proteins are extremely complex biomolecules made up of 22 small building blocks of essential and non-essential amino acids. But are you aware of the major side effects of chemical-based proteins, moreover sometimes they can even react with certain medications. Let’s discuss to the core about protein supplements and alternative options available.
Why are Proteins Necessary?
We all probably understand the importance of proteins in staying healthy and for the normal functioning of the body. There are more than 10,000 different types of proteins that are building blocks of our skin, muscles, hairs, and bones. This is not all that proteins do for us but it is also required by every cell for balanced function, regulation, and structure of organs and tissues. Some of the other benefits of proteins in the human body are given below-
- These are responsible for aiding several processes like digestion, muscle contraction, energy production, etc.
- Some proteins like Insulin, Human Growth Hormone, Glucagon, etc. act as messengers which aid communication between organs, tissues, and cells.
- It provides structure, rigidity, and elasticity to various parts of our body.
- These are also known to play an important role in balancing buffer systems that maintain proper pH in the blood.
- Proteins help form antibodies that protect our body from invaders like bacteria and viruses.
What are the Natural Sources of Proteins?
According to studies and Reference Daily Intake (RDI), women need 46 grams of proteins while males need a total of 56 grams. Here is a list of some delicious food items given below-
- Eggs and Meat– These are the purest form of proteins and are an excellent source of minerals and vitamins necessary for a healthy body. Whole eggs are among the most preferable source of proteins for gym-goers. Other than the eggs, chicken breasts, turkey, lean beef, tuna, etc. are enriched with omega-3 fats, proteins, and various nutrients.
- Lentils– Lentils are the best choice for all vegans and who believe in plant-based proteins which have a high content of fiber, folate, iron, copper, and magnesium.
- Peanuts– It has been estimated that one ounce of peanuts contains 161 calories and is mostly taken in peanut butter form.
- Protein Seeds– Flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. are loaded with iron, proteins, magnesium, and zinc.
Ayurvedic Approach for Bodybuilding
Ayurvedic lifestyle is the most elegant way of leading one’s life and its devotion to an individual makes it more incredible. According to Ayurveda, each person is unique and health is dependent on one’s constitution, dosha, season, and age. Certain Indian traditional herbs boost stamina and help in healthily building body mass without any side effects.
- Ashwagandha– Withania somnifera which is popularly known as Indian Ginseng holds the potency to elevate the testosterone levels, physical strength, vigor, etc. which directly promote stamina for workout sessions. Ashwagandha has been used in different ayurvedic formulations for specific purposes.
- Shatavari– This herb is rich in antioxidants which makes it capable of rectifying damaged cells and muscles. It promotes vitality, strength, endurance, and stamina.
- Safed Musli– Safed Musli is referred to as “Divya Aushad” which supports tissue formation, provides muscle mass, and enhances performance.
What are the Side Effects of Chemical Protein Supplements?
Currently, Protein supplements have become a rage now and have become a part of daily diet due to fast-paced life and lack of time. Gulping a protein pill and protein shakes has become a norm these days. Did you ever ask yourself if they are safe and up to what extent they can be taken? But it is always better to keep an eye on side effects it may cause before actually going for protein supplements. Here are some of the side effects discussed below-
- Unhealthy Weight Gain– This is a factor that nullifies all the factors for inventing protein supplements. If the number of protein supplements taken doesn’t match with your workout regimen it starts converting into fat which gets accumulated in tissues.
- Unbalanced Hormones– 95% of the Soy-based protein supplements are genetically modified and contains genistein and daidzein that causes erectile dysfunction, increased breast size in males, and diminished libido.
- May damage liver and kidney– Marketed protein supplements initiate ketosis which further results in high blood acidity levels. This causes impaired liver function, inflammation and may even end up with some serious liver disorder. If you are not monitoring your intake of proteins on a regular basis then it may result in long-term damage to the kidneys.
- Upsets Digestive System– Intake of some chemical-based supplements results in nausea, bowel movements, diarrhea, and flatulence. For people who are lactose intolerant or have a sensitive digestive system then you better consult an expert first.
Best Alternative Protein Supplements for Gym Goers by Planet Ayurveda
Ayurvedic supplements and products are prepared by pure extracts of herbs and minerals which unlike marketed protein supplements don’t contain any drug to trigger quick results but promotes health in the long run. Planet Ayurveda has formulated Nourish-Maxx and Nature-Amino from Ayurvedic herbs which develop stronger muscles, enhance stamina and help you gain muscles naturally in a healthy way without any side effects.
Planet Ayurveda’s Nourish-Maxx is a plant-based product that is a herbal combination of medicinally important herbs like Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). All these three herbs fulfill the adequate protein requirement of the body. This is the best supplement that magically strengthens the muscles and provides nourishment to the whole body.
Dosage: 1 Teaspoonful to 1 Tablespoonful Twice Daily with Normal water.
Nature-Amino has been formulated from Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum), Soyabean (Dolichos soja), and Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). All these herbs are very helpful in enhancing strength, endurance, and stamina.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily, or you can boil – 1 tbsp in 400ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50ml. Strain it. Drink the water, leave the residue. Take it twice daily. Prepare fresh before every intake.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
If you are dedicatedly working to build muscle mass then you should be aware of the supplements that carry no side effects and suit the constitution of your body. We should incorporate Ayurvedic supplements and medicines as a part of a workout plan which may help us develop muscles naturally.