Winters are Here, Time to Care a little More for Your Joint
There is no such thing as bad weather, only different winds of good weather exist. Every weather has its specialty, like winters especially in hilly areas we see beautiful snow and this weather is ideal for skiing or we all sit together around the bonfire. There is a feeling of coziness but this weather also puts some impact on health like some people are sensitive to cold and they get the flu. Normally, around this time we have also heard from our grandparents that their joints are aching. It is also clinically proven that winter weather is the reason for flaring up pains especially for people who have Arthritis. In this article, we are going to discuss how cold weather puts an impact on our joints and how we can manage it through the help of herbs.
Firstly we need to discuss Joint Pain
Joint pain is the feeling of tenderness in the joints present in our body. Joints are the region where two bones meet like the hip joint, shoulder joint, elbow joint, etc. Joint pain can restrict the movement of the person and can cause severe pain while walking. Some may also show symptoms like inflammation, stiffness, and feeling of discomfort.
Our joints allow the movement of bones in all directions. These are made up of tendons, ligament, cartilage, bursas which are the fluid-filled sac that works as a cushion for joints and synovial membrane which provides lubrication to the joints. Any of these structures can be affected leading to swelling and resulting in disorders.Sudden joint pain can be acute which can be caused due to dislocation or sprain. These pains when they last for more than 5 to 6 months become chronic.
Some of the Chronic Joint Disorders are
- Arthritis: – It is defined as the inflammation of the joint.
- Osteoarthritis: – Which is of wear and tear form and increases with the age.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: – Is an autoimmune disorder that affects the lining of joints.
- Gout: – It is the type of arthritis that results in inflammation of one joint.
- Bursitis:- This causes swelling of the bursae.
- Ankylosing spondylitis:- This causes the inflammation of joints to present between the spine and the vertebrae.
- Sjogren’s syndrome:- Is an autoimmune disease that affects the mucous membrane resulting in dryness of joints.
- Other conditions that may also cause joint pain are Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, and lupus.
- Bone Cancer
- Paget’s disease
Common Symptoms Seen in a Patient with Joint Problems are
- Crackling or popping sound from the joint
- Mobility of the joint is reduced
- Deformity of the joint
- Muscle aches
How Does Weather Put an Impact on Joint?
There are some of the common theories which put an impact on the joint during this time:-
- Barometric pressure during this time decreases which allows the joint to expand causing the tissues to stretch more present around the bones. This can disturb the nerve ending causing the joints to pain.
- Due to low temperature and cold weather the muscles normally become stiff making it harder for the patient to move and this may result in pain.
- In winter weather the Synovial fluid present around the joint becomes thick. This provides less lubrication to the joint making the movement painful.
- It is also believed that cold weather generally puts a negative impact on the mood which makes it difficult for the patient to tolerate pain.
- In this season everyone wants to stay in the house and the movements of the joints are restricted. This causes the joint pain to become worse especially in people with arthritis.
Ayurvedic View on Joint Pain
According to Ayurveda Winter season generally causes a violation of the Vata Dosha and causes dryness during this time. Dryness is one of the properties present in the Vata Dosha. When a person eats food like light diet, contaminated food, or drinks less water leads to Asthi Vaha Srotas dushti which is considered to be joint pain.
Ayurveda provides herbal remedies that help in removing the root cause of the joint pain and provides lubrication to the joint. This helps in natural treatment of the patient, especially those who have joint problems.
HEALTHY JOINTS PACK PROVIDED BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides a Healthy Joint Pack which is formulated with 100 percent pure herbs. All the remedies provided in this pack are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor and have been clinically tested. All the herbs are free from chemicals, preservatives, and additives which makes them safe to use and free from any kind of side-effects.
The medicine included in the pack are
- Guggul Capsules
- Joint Aid Plus
- Bone Support
- Boswellia Curcumin
1. Guggul Capsules
It is formed from the herb called Guggul (Commiphora mukul) which is a 100 percent pure vegetarian supplement. This herb helps in giving strength to the muscles as well as bones and making it stronger. It is very useful in fighting degenerative changes including wear and tear conditions of the tendons. It is very useful in any kind of inflammation. It is also very effective in losing weight and removing toxins from the body.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with water after meals.
2. Joint Aid Plus
It is formulated with herbs like Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) which contains anti-inflammatory, analgesic, an antibacterial property which helps in natural healing Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) which is especially effective in rheumatoid arthritis, Sonth (Zingiber officialis) which helps reducing the pain, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) which helps in boosting immunity and making the body strong. Joint aid pain overall is the best herbal remedy for joint pain.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily after meals.
3. Bone Support
It is the combination of best herbs like
- Shudh Laksha (Laccifera lacca resin)
- Suhanjana beej (Moringa oleifera seed)
- Hadjooj (Cissus quadrangularis stem),
- Arjun (Terminalia arjuna bark)
- Parval Pishti (Corallium rubrum)and many more.
Bone support helps in improving the bone density and is effective in osteoporosis. It is effective in quick healing of the bones during fracture.
Dosage:- One capsules twice daily with water after meals.
4. Boswellia Curcumin
It is made from the two herbs called Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa) which contains anti-inflammatory properties. It is very useful in reducing the morning stiffness and swelling present in the joint. Boswellia Curcumin helps in reducing arthritic pain and increasing mobility. It helps in treating back pain, knee pain, elbow pain, etc. It proves to be the best herbal remedy for any kind of joint pain.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
Preventive Measures During the Winter Season to Avoid Joint pain
- Try to wear warm clothes which will help in protection from cold weather.
- Avoid doing heavy exercises that can put a strain on the joint.
- Try to apply a heating pad on the painful area which will help in relaxing the muscles.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight and in this way, the stress on your joints will be reduced.
- Try to walk everyday or stretch your body to loosen up the stiffness.
Hence, the concluded winter season puts a negative impact on the joints and increases pain. Planet Ayurveda provides their Healthy Joint Pack which helps in giving joints the overall strength. All the herbs provide a natural way to cope up with pains during the winter season.