YakritPlihantak Churna – The Best Herbal Supplement for Liver
The liver is an organ that can regenerate itself up to a certain extent after any damage or disease. But this is only possible if we choose healthy ways to eliminate the root cause of the disease. Major causes for rising casualties of liver diseases are due to unhealthy living, low immune systems, peer pressure, consumption of alcohol, etc. Our Indian traditional system of healing has been treating ailments permanently with the root cause, unlike modern medicines which only focus on temporary and quick results. Today, we will discuss one of the best herbal formulation for liver disorders in ayurveda.
God has designed a human body in a closed and organized system so that our body can maintain equilibrium and keep our body in an optimal state. But some factors like toxicity, infection, genetics, and aging cause abnormalities and alterations which results in illness. One of the major regulators in this system is the liver which is a reddish-brown triangle-shaped organ that oxygenates the blood and helps the body in absorbing nutrients. According to research and studies, Chronic liver disease (CLD) has become an important cause of mortality and morbidity. Every year around 82% of the total population has been diagnosed with one or another liver disease. (1)
What are the Diseases that Can Develop in the Liver?
Unfortunately, our liver might get affected by many diseases from any internal or external factor. Some of the conditions include Autoimmune hepatitis, biliary atresia, Liver Cirrhosis, Hemochromatosis, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Non-Alcoholic fatty liver disease, etc. All these disorders are a result of an unhealthy lifestyle, diet and sometimes might be due to family history.
What causes Liver Damage?
According to the ayurvedic principle, pitta dosha is seated in the liver which can result in skin inflammation also. The five Bhutaagnis i.e. earth (Prithvi), fire (Tejas), air (Vayu), space (akasha), and apu (water) are responsible for transforming Rasa dhatu to Rakta dhatu. Imbalance in digestive fire disrupts the detoxification of toxins from blood tissues. If this imbalance continues for a longer-term then it results in chronic and acute liver diseases; this can even result in liver failure
Best Ayurvedic Herbs for Liver Health
Ayurvedic herbs are considered a beautiful path and safe for the treatment of every ailment. Consuming them will keep your liver cells healthy and will not cause any kind of side effect. Some of the wonderful herbs are given as follows-
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri): Bhumi amla is one of the most beneficial herbs in the Ayurvedic medicine system which stores the power of healing many ailments. This herb possesses antiangiogenic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and laxative properties which make it helpful in improving liver conditions like liver cirrhosis, fatty liver, etc. It accelerates the bile secretion which automatically restores the functions of the liver.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa): This herb is overloaded with therapeutic properties which makes it useful in the preparation of many Ayurvedic medicines. Punarnava has been traditionally used in treating various liver disorders like jaundice, fatty liver, etc. It effectively flushes out the toxins from the blood and also helps in repairing damaged liver.
- Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea): Sharpunkha is considered a wonderful herb known for its action in relieving liver conditions, reduces inflammation of the liver, detoxifies the liver, increases secretion of bile, and helps in the regeneration of liver cells.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta prostrata): Bhringraj holds the capability to protect the liver from harmful chemicals and helps in removing toxins from the body effectively. This Ayurvedic herb is used for revitalizing the liver and reducing symptoms of hepatitis, jaundice, cirrhosis, etc. In nutshell, it helps the liver in smooth functioning and maintains a healthy liver.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata): Kalmegh possesses antibacterial, antiparasitic, hepato-stimulative, and hepatoprotective properties which protect the liver from all kinds of infections, diseases and eliminates toxins from the liver.
Yakrit Plihantak Churna- The Best Liver Supplement from Planet Ayurveda
Yakrit Plihantak Churna from the doors of Planet Ayurveda is a wonderful combination of Ayurvedic herbs which possess medicinal and phytochemical properties for managing liver health and prevents liver failure. This is a rare and traditional herbal formulation of many herbs like Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea), Bhringraj (Eclipta prostrata), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Makoy (Solanum indicum) and Kaasni (Cichorium intybus). All these herbs in combination are useful in liver detoxification and regeneration of liver cells. This herbal supplement from Planet Ayurveda has many benefits and some of them are discussed below-
- This herbal blend balances hormones and regulates metabolism in the body for proper functioning.
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna increases bile secretion, detoxifies and cleanses the liver.
- It efficiently removes the fat deposited in the liver and induces healing of the damaged liver.
- This Ayurvedic remedy successfully treats liver enlargement and reduces inflammation caused due to many disorders.
- All the herbs used in the preparation possess hepatoprotective properties which ultimately keep our liver healthy.
What are the Precautions for Naturally Balancing Your Liver?
We should always try to avoid processed food items laced with preservatives which increases the burden on the liver and results in the accumulation of toxins in the liver. Try adding a pitta-pacifying diet i.e., fresh fruits, lassi, greens, etc. to your daily diet. Even our sleeping habits can also result in increased pitta dosha which tends to disturb the metabolism of glucose. Insomnia and lack of sleep ultimately result in accelerated levels of stress and anger. For this, we must practice yoga, meditation, and calming exercises which reduce mental ama. Every activity in a day is related to the proper functioning of body parts, immune system, and overall health.
The liver is one of the most crucial organs which is needed for the regulation of a healthy body. Studies have shown that liver detox regularly helps the liver to function normally and gives you a healthy life. Many naturalists and Ayurvedic experts have recommended that various tailored herbal combinations can effectively detoxify your liver and help to eliminate root causes of liver diseases.