Kaf Kuthar Rasa Benefits & Ingredients
Rasaaushdhis are miraculous herbomineral formulations, used to treat a variety of ailments. The processing of rasaaushdhis is superior and of standard level, as mentioned in rasagranthas. Ayurvedic texts are loaded with broad knowledge of raaaushdhis, the formation of rasaaushdhis, the indications and anupana. It is important to follow the exact principles mentioned in the texts to get proper results. The Kaf Kuthar rasa of Planet Ayurveda is best with cent percent benefits. This article contains information about Kaf Kuthar rasa, its indications, and its way of formation.
The detailed description of Kaf Kuthar rasa is explained in various ayurvedic texts. It is mentioned in Sanskrit texts like Rasa Raj Sundram and in Marathi texts like Aushadh guna dharma shala. The Kaf Kuthar rasa is blended with plenty of herbs and minerals each having distinct properties. This is a herbomineral combination used to deal with lung issues, cough problems and a variety of ailments. It is pungent and the mode of action is good. It corrodes the excessive cough in the chest, drains out the excessive cough and balances the status of vitiated Kapha in the body. Rasachikitsa is best and rasaaushdhis are the most potent combinations. The qualities like quicker actions, less quantity- better effect, long life, and high potency make the rasaaushdhis the top class herbal remedies. The Kaf Kuthar rasa of Planet Ayurveda is the best and cent percent result oriented. The formulation of rasa aushdhi is a very important process, the authenticity of the combination depends on the way of formation.
The chief ingredients of this herbo-mineral formulation are as below –
- Shuddh parad – Calcined and purified mercury
- Shuddha gandhak – Calcined and purified sulphur
- Sonth – Zingiber officinale
- Marich – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Tamra bhasma – Calcined and purified copper
- Loha bhasma – Calcined and purified iron
- Kateli – Solanum surattense
- Kutki – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Dhatura – Datura stramonium
- Shuddh parad (Calcined and purified mercury) – The Rasayogas of ayurvedic formulations have detoxified parada as the chief ingredient. It is mentioned in various classical texts that the origin of Parada is divine and authentic, it is mentioned as Shiva-virya. It is a prominent member of kajjali formation and enhances the action of every ingredient. It is an important combination of metallic and non-metallic formulations.
- Shuddha gandhaka (Calcined and purified sulphur) – The detoxified Gandhak is also important as the parada in kajjli formation. Gandhaka is anti-inflammatory, promotes immunity, and prevents the body from allergies. It acts on various body infections and boosts up the immune response. It is one of the best antioxidants and pacifies the vitiated triple doshas. It is important to detoxify the gandhak so as to increase its disease-oriented properties.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)– Shunthi is a rhizome belonging to the family Zingiberaceae. This herbal remedy is mentioned in different texts of Ayurveda, Sidha and Yunani. It is mentioned under various names. The actions of shunthi (dry ginger) are antiemetic, antiflatulent, antispasmodic, expectorant and circulatory stimulant. The specific modes of action of dried ginger are on ailments like rheumatism, cough, and dyspnoea. The fresh rhizomes are very useful in constipation, edema, colic pain and throat infections.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)– Maricha is explained right from the writings of Charaka and Sushruta. It is described in almost every ayurvedic text as an important kapha naashak herb. It is pungent in taste, light, sharp and hot in effect. Also, Marich is a stimulant, anti-asthmatic and prevents excessive coughing. It can be beneficial in fevers, dyspepsia, flatulence, ingestion, and mucous membranes.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – Pippali belongs to the Piperaceae family. It is best to manage respiratory problems like cough, bronchitis, and asthma and show the sedative actions. Pippali is hot in properties and hence it can be useful to pacify the obstruction.
- Tamra bhasma (Calcined and purified copper) – the Tamra bhasam or copper ash is the refined, detoxified, superfine form of the copper mineral. It is mentioned in the classical text as a potent mineral formulation to cure cough and respiratory issues. The properties of copper ash are ushna(hot in potency), katu(pungent), kshaya(astringent), amla(sour) and tikta(bitter). Copper bhasma is anti-aging and promotes longevity as mentioned in classical texts.
- Loha bhasma (Calcined and purified iron)– Loha bhasam is the iron ash. It is a refined and detoxified form of iron based on classical texts. In broad aspects, It promotes strength, promotes glow and rejuvenates the health status. More precisely it promotes immunity, promoting the count of RBC and Haemoglobin in the body. It improves immunity and hence cures cough or respiratory disorders.
- Kateri (Solanum surattense)– It is mentioned in ayurvedic texts as the name Kantkaari. It is beneficial in the problem of bronchial asthma as it is evident that it depletes histamine in lung tissue. It is a stimulant, expectorant, diuretic and laxative. Also, Kateri is useful in the management of cough, bronchitis and asthma and may prevent enlargement of the liver and spleen and drain out the stones.
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa) – Kutki is a herbal plant found in the alpine Himalayas. It is useful in the management of a variety of ailments. The actions of kutki are stomachic,anti-diarrheal and hepatoprotective. Used in hepatitis and amoebiasis.
- Dhatura (Datura stramonium)– Dhatura is also called Thorn apple, jimsonweed and stramonium. The chief actions of Dhattura are spasmolytic and antiasthmatic. Also, it acts as an anticholinergic and nerve sedative. Dhatura can produce atropine-like effects and hence it can control bronchial asthma.
Method of Preparation
Take Parad, gandhak, sonth, marich, pipali, tamra bhasma and loha bhasma in equal quantities. Make kajjali of parad and gandhak. Add trikatu powder to the above mixture. Mix it properly with the juice of Kateli for 6 hours. Give 1-1 bhavna of Kutaki kwath and juice of leaves of Dhatura. Make tablets of 1-1 Ratti.
Therapeutic Uses & Key Benefits
- Chest congestion — Due to the hot potency and pungent nature of the ingredients the Kaf Kuthar rasa drains out the aggravated cough from the lungs. It drains out the phlegm and hence manages breathlessness and fever associated with a respiratory infection.
- Analgesic– Kaf Kuthar rasa acts as a painkiller and is anti-convulsive due to the presence of Tamra bhasma. It helps to reduce the pain and drain out the toxins.
- Expectorant – The presence of Dhatura, load kapha kuthar rasa with expectorant properties. Hence help to drain out the Kapha.
- Stimulant – The presence of Kateri helps in draining out the cough and hence stimulants in draining cough.
- Improve digestive fire– The presence of ginger and piper improves the digestive fire and acts as Deepan dravyas.
- Scrape the mucus– Kutki helps to scrap the excessive cough and hence promotes the ease of respiratory problems.
- Strength booster– Lohabhasam (iron ash) boosts up the overall strength of the body. It pacifies the weakness.
- Rejuvenate health– Kajjali (a preparation of gandhak and parada) enhances the action of all other herbs and minerals. Also, it improves to enhance the growth of healthy cells and promotes longevity. So it acts as a rejuvenator.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
Avoid the use of rasa aushadhis without the consultation of an ayurvedic physician. Keep out of the reach of children.
Rasa aushadhis are result-oriented herbo-mineral formulations that are best due to the mode of action. They penetrate the body channels and work on the root cause of the problem. The Kaf Kuthar rasa of Planet Ayurveda is the best and result-oriented formulation. The herbs and minerals used in preparation are authentic and derived from natural sources. The Kaf kuthar rasa is free from synthetic additives, hence can treat a variety of ailments. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com. For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.