March 16, 2023
Narcissistic Personality Disorder Treatment By Herbal Remedies
A narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder that is characterized by behavior changes. A mental disorder is known as a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, a behavioral mental pattern that causes impairment of personal functioning. A mental disorder is a psychological syndrome that is usually associated with a pattern, disability, and increased risk of death. It refers to cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being. There are 3 types of mental disorders Anxiety disorder, Mood disorder, and Schizophrenia disorder (a spectrum of disorders which is characterized by psychotic features). In some people, the traits are rigid and unworkable and in some patients, these are lasting patterns. In this article, we are going to discuss its causes, symptoms, and its ayurvedic view in detail further in the article.
A narcissistic personality disorder is a type of personality disorder, is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of importance, excessive need for attention, troubled relationships, and lack of empathy. It is one of the subtypes of personality disorder, which is usually associated with functional impairment and psychosocial disability. Narcissistic is a mental illness, it involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and excessive need for administration. People with NPD are cocky, selfish, patronizing, and demanding and are resistant to changing their behavior, and have a tendency to blame others. People with this disorder are likely to be men and people may have depression, anorexia and drug or alcohol-related problems, and many other personality disorders. It is estimated to be the second most prevalent personality disorder which affects about 6.2% of the population. It is listed in the Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Is a cluster B disorder that causes affected people to appear erratic, emotional, and dramatic. NPD can cause many problems in many areas of a person’s life including- work, school, and relationships. People with NPD are usually described as arrogant, and demanding, often have high self-esteem, need excessive praise from the administration, and react poorly to perceived criticism.
FACTS ABOUT NPD (NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER)
- Narcissism is a personality trait that centers around self-involved and it exists on a spectrum
- Narcissistic personality disorder revolves around a prolonged, inflated sense of self, and lack of empathy.
- It seems that narcissistic traits and NPD are more common in men than in women.
- NPD can be tough to diagnose because there aren’t easy tests for it and shares the symptoms with other disorders.
- Therapy can help someone with NPD, but only if they are willing to put in the work.
- NPD is widely misunderstood so one must educate properly yourself and others to know what narcissism really means is very important
- Patients with NPD fantasize about fame or being a superhero, and are obsessed with films, fueling their imaginative, grandiose thoughts and fantasies.
There are certain structural abnormalities in the brains of people with NPD, specifically a lesser volume of gray matter in the left and anterior insular cortex. The insular cortex and prefrontal cortex are associated with human emotions of empathy and compassion. But in neurological findings, NPD has damaged the capacity for emotional empathy and emotional regulation.
TYPES OF NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
1. Grandiose, over narcissism- is characterized by boldness, arrogance, and grandiose personality traits. People with this type lack empathy, behave aggressively and engage in exhibitionist behavior.
2. Vulnerable, covert narcissism- is characterized by hypersensitivity and defensiveness. They experience low self-esteem.
3. Oblivious and hypervigilant
4. High-functioning and exhibitionist
The exact cause of Narcissistic personality disorder is not known, but it can be due to a complex combination of factors which includes the following
- Genetics- inherited characteristics
- Neurobiology- it is the connection between the brain and behavior with thinking
- Environment- excessive adoration or excessive criticism
- Excessive parental pampering
- Unrealistic expectations from parents
- Certain economic factors
- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings
- Envious of others
- Become impatient and angry if they don’t receive special treatment
- Difficulty in regulating emotions and behavior
- Depressed mood
- The major problem dealing with stress and adapting to change
- Showing arrogant, haughty behavior and attitude
- Eating disorder
- Persistent fantasies about attaining success and power
- Set unrealistic goals
- Fast mood swings
- It affects males more than females
- It often begins in the teens and in early adulthood
- Excessive parental pampering
- Unrealistic expectations from parents
- Physical examination
- A thorough psychological evaluation
- Criteria in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders such as
1. Behaving in an arrogant manner
2. Taking advantage of other
3. Reacting negatively to criticism
4. Expecting special treatment due to perceived superiority
5. Being preoccupied with fantasy, power, and success.
- Individual psychodynamic (psychotherapy)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Psychotropic medications treat the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Difficulties in relations
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Suicidal thoughts and behavior
- Physical health problems
- Problems at work and school
- Get treatment as soon as possible for a child suffering from health problems
- Learn a healthy way to communicate with conflicts and emotional distress
- Attend parenting classes and seek guidance from the social workers
Ayurveda has duly recognized the individuality of manas (psyche) and sharer (body). Ayu is said that life is the combined state of body, senses, and mind. Manifestation of manas occurs during the 5th month of pregnancy in the fetal body, indicating the coexistent nature of mind and body. Vayu which is one of the tridoshas is said to be the controller and prompter of manas. The three mano gunas are Sattva, Rajas, and tamas, and they have their own unique qualities. Sattva Guna is considered to be pure while rajas and tamas gunas are the mano doshas or the morbid state of mind. Rajo guna represents action and passion whereas Tamo guna represents ignorance and inertia. Alpha Satwa is the most important component which is indicative of premorbid personality. Rajo gunas have six subtypes- Aasura sattva, Rakshasa sattva, Pishcha Sattva, Preta Sattva, and Shakuna Sattva. Asura Granada is one of 18 types of photon made, characterized by Jihma Grisham (crooked look), Krodhanam (aggressive, impulsive), and fondness for alcohol and meat. This shows similarities with many psychiatric conditions such as bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. Unmada is a broad term that includes various psychiatric conditions and is characterized by deranged mental functions. Bhutonmada is a psychiatric condition characterized by various types of behavior.
QUALITIES OF AASURA SATTVA
- They maintain their own reputation and self-image
- only care for their own benefit
- They are very bold and courageous
- Are very aggressive in nature and get angry very easily
- Are cruel and sometimes terrifying
MANAGEMENT FOR NPD (NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER)
- Daivavapashrya Chikitsa- It is related to divine therapy, which includes chanting mantras wearing sacred herbs, and other rituals. It can also be co-related with spiritual practice, belief systems, and faith.
- Yuktivyaparsjrya Chikitsa- This is correlated with rational management using diet and aushadh (medicines). Under medicine, it is advised to follow srotas (channels) shuddhi (cleansing) with the help of panchkarma, Panchkarma helps to eliminate the vitiated doshas and cleansing of channels.
- Satwavajaya Chikitsa- It is correlated with modern-day psychotherapy, to restrain the mind from the desire for unwholesome objects. Yoga can be helpful in this to manage psychiatric and mental problems.
HERBS ARE USEFUL FOR NPD (NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER)
Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) is a famous ayurvedic herb that is useful in various conditions such as to enhance memory and intelligence and in various toxic conditions. It helps to balance pitta and Kapha doshas, Shankhpushpi is useful in many psychiatric conditions and improves longevity and life expectancy. It helps to induce sleep and promotes hair growth and quality and treats high blood pressure.
Tagar (Valeriana Wallachia) is an ayurvedic herb that is used in the treatment of asthma, skin diseases, and in case of animal bites. Balances tridoshas and help to control the poison in the body. Useful in many psychiatric disorders, eye disorders, and abdominal colic pain. Helps to reduce anxiety as it has anxiolytic activity and is beneficial for heart health and relieves muscle spasms as it has antispasmodic action.
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is a famous gift to Ayurveda, as it is really helpful to improve intelligence and memory and is an excellent anti-aging and anti-diabetic herb. Brahmi is useful in many skin diseases and improves the quality of life and in many psychiatric disorders. It is also helpful in cardiac diseases, reduces blood sugar levels, and is a natural detoxification herb.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is useful in the treatment of anxiety and leucoderma and helpful in treating depression, and insomnia. It helps to promote strength in cardiac disorders and helps to relieve stress, depression, and anxiety. Ashwagandha helps to improve heat and digestion helps to boost immunity and fight against infections.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR NPD (NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER)
Planet Ayurveda is an ayurvedic manufacturing company that makes all formulations from its natural resources. They have many branches overseas, It is a GMP-certified company and all the products made are according to ancient ayurvedic texts. The products made are free from any resins, colors, and preservatives. They are 100% pure herbal products that cause no side effects and provide many health benefits to patients.
1. BRAHMI CAPSULE
2. MAHA PAISACHIKA GHRIT
4. STRESS SUPPORT
1. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi Capsules are single herbal capsules which are made by Planet Ayurveda using a standardized extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). These capsules are helpful in bronchitis, fluid retention, premature ejaculation, in cardiac, nerve, and brain tonic. It has the unique ability to provide new energy and mental strength and reduce the effects of stress and nervous anxiety. These capsules are a good overall tonic that works as a rasayana, a longevity enhancer.
Dosage 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Mahapaishachika Ghritam
Maha Paishachika Ghrit is ayurvedic herbal ghee that is helpful for increasing memory, intelligence, and in epilepsy. Various ingredients are used in the process of making this ghrit, such as Jatamamsi (Nardostachys jatamansi), Vacha (Acorus calamus), and Sthira (Desmodium gangeticum) many more. This ghrit is helpful in diseases such as seizures (Graha), promotes memory, and helps in the development of children.
Dosage 1 tsp twice daily with warm water.
Saraswatarisht is a classical herbal formulation that is prepared by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Adrak (Zingiber officinale), Shankara (Saccharum), Laung (Syzygium aromaticum) and many more. This alcoholic preparation is helpful in enhancing intelligence, promoting the sharpness of the brain, and curing digestive and bowel problems. It is also helpful in menstrual problems, infertility, and in the treatment of epilepsy.
Dosage 2 tsp twice daily.
4. Stress Support
Stress Support Capsules are polyherbal capsules that are made by planet ayurveda using various ingredients such as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Tagar (Valeriana wallichii), and Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). These herbs are useful to induce sleep and help to relieve stress and body ache. It helps to improve natural strength, increase stamina, and helps to keep sugar and blood pressure in control.
Dosage 1 capsule twice daily
CONTACT PLANET AYURVEDA TO PROVIDE YOU THE COSTING / ORDERING AND DELIVERY INFORMATION AT – COSTING.PLANETAYURVEDA@GMAIL.COM OR CALL AT +91-172-5214040
A narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder that is characterized by behavior changes. A mental disorder is known as a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, a behavioral mental pattern that causes impairment of personal functioning. It is one of the subtypes of personality disorder, which is usually associated with functional impairment and psychosocial disability. Narcissistic is a mental illness, it involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and excessive need for administration. Ayurveda has duly recognized the individuality of manas (psyche) and sharer (body). Ayu is said that life is the combined state of body, senses, and mind. Alpasatwa is the most important component which is indicative of premorbid personality. Planet Ayurveda provides many herbal remedies which are effective in this treatment and provide great relief to patients.